ADVERTISEMENT

Who thought sending Trump was a good idea?

osu_orangestreak

Heisman Candidate
Feb 15, 2002
Did someone ilon his staff set him up?

It would be cool if the Democrat Party were to invite the Donald to speak at its convention. I have no doubt he would relish the invite and accept immediately. Can you imagine the press reports if some of them cheered what he had to say?

• Haha
Reactions: AC2020
Actually I think it was a brilliant tactic on his part. Had he been applauded and accepted he could say even the loony Libertarians prefer him over Biden. And if they jeered and booed him it would only increase Israeli-like “poor Donald, always a victim” that the MAGA crowd hangs onto with devotion. It was a no-lose situation for him and garnered lots more free press.

Actually I think it was a brilliant tactic on his part. Had he been applauded and accepted he could say even the loony Libertarians prefer him over Biden. And if they jeered and booed him it would only increase Israeli-like “poor Donald, always a victim” that the MAGA crowd hangs onto with devotion. It was a no-lose situation for him and garnered lots more free press.
Are you calling Libertarians looney? How dare you.

Upper case Libertarians (Libertarian Party) have been loony for several voting cycles. Rather than stay true to principle they stupidly tried to become “relevant” which only adds to the perception they’re not right in the head

Wasted votes

carry on
cec9130b86f26419ce6c80b8f76ab814_w200.gif

• Love
Reactions: EZ Reyes
MAGA is classic Libertarianism. Of course Trump will carry the vast majority of the non-Loonies votes.

MAGA is classic Libertarianism. Of course Trump will carry the vast majority of the non-Loonies votes.
Anyone who thinks that has no idea what he’s talking about. MAGA is classic “state capitalism” which is diluted fascism all prettied up to appeal to those who desperately want a strong man to look out for them. MAGA wouldn’t know the non-aggression principle if it was standing right in front of it.

Libertarian (n) - a liberal who is too much of a pussy to admit who he really is.

See also - no sides guy; both sides guy; never-Trumper
Most authentic libertarians would be called “never-Trumpers.” But very few never-Trumpers are libertatians.

Hence, my definition.
Your definition is in error. A libertarian is not a liberal any more than he is a conservative and has no problem saying so. Please feel free to call libertarians pussies if it makes you feel like a tough guy. After all you have a self identified reputation as a Billy Badass to uphold.

Anyone who thinks that has no idea what he’s talking about. MAGA is classic “state capitalism” which is diluted fascism all prettied up to appeal to those who desperately want a strong man to look out for them. MAGA wouldn’t know the non-aggression principle if it was standing right in front of it.
I disagree and would have you at least ponder the concept of Individual Rights vs Authoritarian/Expertocratcy.

I know you pride yourself on taking the "high level" viewpoint, but you time and time again prove that you're unconnected from fundamental rights of the individual - the fundamental holon that distinguishes Humans from all other species.

Seriously give it a ponder, try delving past "MAGA bad, Me Good", "I'm Smart, They're Dumb" and look at Individual Rights vs Authoritiarianism/Expertocracy.

I disagree and would have you at least ponder the concept of Individual Rights vs Authoritarian/Expertocratcy.

I know you pride yourself on taking the "high level" viewpoint, but you time and time again prove that you're unconnected from fundamental rights of the individual - the fundamental holon that distinguishes Humans from all other species.

Seriously give it a ponder, try delving past "MAGA bad, Me Good", "I'm Smart, They're Dumb" and look at Individual Rights vs Authoritiarianism/Expertocracy.
Blah, blah, blah. There is almost nothing DJT has said or done as a politician that connects with individual liberty as a libertarian concept. Your comments indicate you don’t have even a superficial understanding of the concept. Thinking MAGA as promoted by the ultimate political huckster of our age is *classic libertarianism” misses the target so badly shows you have no idea what the libertarian target is.

Blah, blah, blah. There is almost nothing DJT has said or done as a politician that connects with individual liberty as a libertarian concept. Your comments indicate you don’t have even a superficial understanding of the concept. Thinking MAGA as promoted by the ultimate political huckster of our age is *classic libertarianism” misses the target so badly shows you have no idea what the libertarian target is.

How so?

Who gits yer vote Dan?

How are you so confused? Beats me. But the fact you equate the one-man dictatorial actions of DJT when he was president with any notion it equates to libertarian individualism is not reconcilable. You show no indication that you have read much if anything about libertarian thought. You certainly exhibit no understanding of what you are saying. You’re coming across like Bearcat did when he tried to pretend he knew all about Professor Mearsheimer.

He didn’t in 2020. Now that I think about that, maybe they’re not wasted votes haha

carry on

Your candidate wouldn’t dare take on reporters like trump has or hostile crowds like this. Can you at least give trump credit for the huge contrast in something we wish all politicians would do more of?

Reactions: Ponca Dan
Your definition is in error. A libertarian is not a liberal any more than he is a conservative and has no problem saying so. Please feel free to call libertarians pussies if it makes you feel like a tough guy. After all you have a self identified reputation as a Billy Badass to uphold.
Libertarians are pro abortion, and pro fag marriage. That’s liberal enough for me to lump them in with liberals. And the mere fact that I don’t succumb to your attempts to guilt me (and others) into adopting your asinine policies does not make me “Billy bad ass”. It just demonstrates common sense on my part.

Libertarians are pro abortion, and pro fag marriage. That’s liberal enough for me to lump them in with liberals. And the mere fact that I don’t succumb to your attempts to guilt me (and others) into adopting your asinine policies does not make me “Billy bad ass”. It just demonstrates common sense on my part.
That you think I attempt to “guilt” you into something is prima facia evidence you feel guilty about what you espouse. Libertarians are pro-liberty. If being pro-liberty upsets you because you think it’s too liberal then maybe you should reassess what are your personal political views.

How are you so confused? Beats me. But the fact you equate the one-man dictatorial actions of DJT when he was president with any notion it equates to libertarian individualism is not reconcilable. You show no indication that you have read much if anything about libertarian thought. You certainly exhibit no understanding of what you are saying. You’re coming across like Bearcat did when he tried to pretend he knew all about Professor Mearsheimer.
What's in yer hookah Dan?

Yes, @osu_orangestreak, I and others call Libertarians (upper case) looney:

That you think I attempt to “guilt” you into something is prima facia evidence you feel guilty about what you espouse. Libertarians are pro-liberty. If being pro-liberty upsets you because you think it’s too liberal then maybe you should reassess what are your personal political views.
No. I think you try to guilt people because of the “whiny little bitch” tone that you use, just like 2pesos, just like the climate change hoaxers, just like the code pink idiots.

No. I think you try to guilt people because of the “whiny little bitch” tone that you use, just like 2pesos, just like the climate change hoaxers, just like the code pink idiots.
You hear what you want to hear. Last thing I am is a whiny little bitch. You, OTOH, try so hard to project what a tough guy you are so often one has to wonder how big are your hands.

Spot on, actually. Abortion and gay marriage alone make it a slam dunk.
No pussies are people that care what other people do that don’t affect them.
True libertarians want low taxes, small government, and focus on their own lives …instead of being emotionally insecure little whiny bitches complaining about what others do.

Last edited:
You hear what you want to hear. Last thing I am is a whiny little bitch. You, OTOH, try so hard to project what a tough guy you are so often one has to wonder how big are your hands.
Some say you are whiny little bitch. You say you aren't a whiny little bitch. You might see yourself as the master of critique, but to many it comes across as you being nothing more than a whiny little bitch.

Instead of you whining and bitching all the time, why don't you tell us:
- What you do want
- How do we get from where we are to where you want to be

If you don't want to be perceived as a whiny little bitch, step telling everyone what you don't want and do tell what you do want - vision, strategy, tactics please. We're waiting.

Some say you are whiny little bitch. You say you aren't a whiny little bitch. You might see yourself as the master of critique, but to many it comes across as you being nothing more than a whiny little bitch.

Instead of you whining and bitching all the time, why don't you tell us:
- What you do want
- How do we get from where we are to where you want to be

If you don't want to be perceived as a whiny little bitch, step telling everyone what you don't want and do tell what you do want - vision, strategy, tactics please. We're waiting.
I’m working on my book as we sit here. You’ll just have to wait, and then pay $49.95 when it comes out.

In the meantime why don’t you tell us what you want. You know: vision, strategy, tactics. Apparently DJT, the classic libertarian of your universe, seems to be your guru. Tell us what he has done beside insult anyone who criticizes his insanity that you find so admirable. What are his vision, strategy and tactics that are going to bring about your nirvana? Can he get it all done in a second administration? Or should he pull a Zelensky, declare marshal law and say he needs to be president until he achieves everything @OrangeTuono thinks it will take to make America great again?

No pussies are people that care what other people do that don’t affect them.
True libertarians want low taxes, small government, and focus on their own lives …instead of being emotionally insecure little whiny bitches complaining about what others do.
Libertarians are the NSGs who never take a stand on anything because they’re too weak to have to defend a position. Ie. pussies.

I’m working on my book as we sit here. You’ll just have to wait, and then pay $49.95 when it comes out.

In the meantime why don’t you tell us what you want. You know: vision, strategy, tactics. Apparently DJT, the classic libertarian of your universe, seems to be your guru. Tell us what he has done beside insult anyone who criticizes his insanity that you find so admirable. What are his vision, strategy and tactics that are going to bring about your nirvana? Can he get it all done in a second administration? Or should he pull a Zelensky, declare marshal law and say he needs to be president until he achieves everything @OrangeTuono thinks it will take to make America great again?

You're the one standing accused of being a whiny little bitch. I thought you might want the opportunity to share you vision for how the world should be, instead of a constant stream of whiny bitchy snarks.

You're the one standing accused of being a whiny little bitch. I thought you might want the opportunity to share you vision for how the world should be, instead of a constant stream of whiny bitchy snarks.
It may break your heart, but what you and SiL say about me or think about me is of no importance to me. I say what I think and stand prepared to defend my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT