ADVERTISEMENT

White Liberal Racism

Wasn’t there also an old-school theater in Quail Springs before they added the pimped-out stadium seating AMC?
Nope. There was an old cinema where the market is now on the west side, there was a theatre on the east side as well with a Black Eyed Peas restaurant where Red Robin and PF Chang’s sit now.

Two things for the record:

1) I'm neither a conservative nor a liberal so I don't really have a dog in the fight. Registered Independent forever.

2) I don't say anything as I don't let that stuff bother me (we are in Oklahoma after all) and it's nice to know who the idiots are.

And along those lines, I really think some people say things racially offensive without even realizing it. For example, 'She's really pretty, for a black girl'. I don't think those people are necessarily racist, just guilty of saying dumb things.

1) I'm neither a conservative nor a liberal so I don't really have a dog in the fight. Registered Independent forever.

2) I don't say anything as I don't let that stuff bother me (we are in Oklahoma after all) and it's nice to know who the idiots are.

And along those lines, I really think some people say things racially offensive without even realizing it. For example, 'She's really pretty, for a black girl'. I don't think those people are necessarily racist, just guilty of saying dumb things.

Fair enough....although I’ll disagree with “she’s pretty.” Pretty is pretty, don’t care what color or race. One of my favorite memories of my overseas days was being invited to an Ethiopian Engagement party in Kuwait City. Holy Moly talk about beautiful women, all in cocktail dress....wowza!

There’s no shortage of stupid people in Oklahoma. There was a guy who used to post on here (I think his name was OSUHog and he was on the conservative side, this was at least 5+ years ago) who adopted a couple of black kids when they were infants or toddlers (he and his wife are white). Then after she got pregnant he wrote that people would ask them stuff like “are you going to give the black kids back now that your wife is pregnant.”

There’s no shortage of stupid people in Oklahoma. There was a guy who used to post on here (I think his name was OSUHog and he was on the conservative side, this was at least 5+ years ago) who adopted a couple of black kids when they were infants or toddlers (he and his wife are white). Then after she got pregnant he wrote that people would ask them stuff like “are you going to give the black kids back now that your wife is pregnant.”
There is no shortage of stupid people everywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT