ADVERTISEMENT

An Interesting Take On Reparations

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
One of the reasons black and white liberal activists give for today’s black Americans deserving reparations is because of systemic racism whites outlive blacks. The authors say the activists are making the wrong comparison, what they should compare is the average life span of black Americans to the average lifespan of black Africans, the continent black Americans would be living in had their ancestors not been brought to America as slaves. And it turns out the average lifespan of black Americans is roughly 10 years longer than the average lifespan of black Africans. So tongue in cheek they suggest the reparations should be made by black Americans to black Africans. From that perspective today's black Americans hit the jackpot in thanks to the misery and suffering of their ancestors. It’s a silly argument, I know. But wouldn’t you love to see the look on the activists/liberals faces if it is made to them directly?

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
One of the reasons black and white liberal activists give for today’s black Americans deserving reparations is because of systemic racism whites outlive blacks. The authors say the activists are making the wrong comparison, what they should compare is the average life span of black Americans to the average lifespan of black Africans, the continent black Americans would be living in had their ancestors not been brought to America as slaves. And it turns out the average lifespan of black Americans is roughly 10 years longer than the average lifespan of black Africans. So tongue in cheek they suggest the reparations should be made by black Americans to black Africans. From that perspective today's black Americans hit the jackpot in thanks to the misery and suffering of their ancestors. It’s a silly argument, I know. But wouldn’t you love to see the look on the activists/liberals faces if it is made to them directly?
Actually, black Americans should be compensating white Americans for giving them an extra 10 years of life expectancy that they would not enjoy absent slavery.

Can’t remember if it was Walter E. Williams or Thomas Sowell who said that he would prefer NOT to receive reparations, because true reparations would mean restoring him to as a good a position as he’d been in had his ancestors not been brought to America. Ie. Become a resident of West Africa. He elected to pass on that prospect.

While reparations are a farce imo, OP I don't quite agree with you. Your comments may have been TIC, I'm not sure?
So it's reported that black Americans have shorter lifespans than white Americans. I have honest questions because I truly don't know the answers.
When making these claims what caveats are taken into consideration? Is the fact that blacks kill each other in greater percentages part of the issue?
Is the fact that blacks don't seek out healthcare in the same numbers that white Americans do have an impact?
What other factors could be a contributing factor?

While reparations are a farce imo, OP I don't quite agree with you. Your comments may have been TIC, I'm not sure?
So it's reported that black Americans have shorter lifespans than white Americans. I have honest questions because I truly don't know the answers.
When making these claims what caveats are taken into consideration? Is the fact that blacks kill each other in greater percentages part of the issue?
Is the fact that blacks don't seek out healthcare in the same numbers that white Americans do have an impact?
None of those are relevant. Don’t you know it’s 100% because of systemic racism?

Can’t remember if it was Walter E. Williams or Thomas Sowell who said that he would prefer NOT to receive reparations, because true reparations would mean restoring him to as a good a position as he’d been in had his ancestors not been brought to America. Ie. Become a resident of West Africa. He elected to pass on that prospect.
Walter Williams and I have always adamantly opposed affirmative action.

Mr. Williams tried as hard as he could to stop smoking. I believe a larger percentage of blacks smoke than whites. I may be wrong. I don't smoke. My father smoked. He died at 75 from leukemia. My white mother clung to him until his death.

Stacey Dash, Morgan Freeman and I oppose Black History Month, White History Month, Indian History Month and Jew History Month no matter what Dave tells us. Medic007 gets it.

LBJ gave us the "Great Society." Reparations. Result? All those black fathers vanished in southeast Lawton.

Black men are the most screwed by Social Security as the average life expectancy is 72 vs. 76.6 at birth for white males. Although the gap does narrow to 81.4 vs. 83 at current age 65.

Source: Brookings.

Which of the 81 million Biden voters have forked over a reparation? Is this like climate change where dems are waiting on someone to force them to act on their leftist beliefs?

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT