Collica Dec
Joe by major, showing some offense
Rogers by dec
Crutch by major
Boyd by Major
Weigel by Major
Schafer by Dec

38-0

Kent State may be worse. This weekend just a way to get warmed up for next week!

Excited about 25 and 49. Good spot for AC to show some dominance here. Picc has real issues with Russell. Can help his NCAA seed with a win.

Have no clue how that called that a takedown against Pic.

Pic lost by one in a close match.
Major by Brock
Hell got a tech
Colica wins 4-1
Davey Dolan is wrestling Delande

12-3 OSU lead
Dolan gets the first two points with a takedown and is riding. Dolan gets two back points at the end of the period to lead 4-0
Delande is riding hard with leg in
Delande gets 4 points on a cradle.
tied 4-4 with Delayed has 44 seconds riding time and chooses top in the third period

Last edited:
Pic lost by one in a close match.
Major by Brock
Hell got a tech
Colica wins 4-1
Davey Dolan is wrestling Delande

12-3 OSU lead
Dolan gets the first two points with a takedown and is riding.
That 's for the update osumatfan

Dolan gets a reversal and rides out holding onto a leg for the 6-5 win.
15-3

Rogers gets a quick takedown with a wild scramble, but ends up on top with over 1:40 riding time with 49 seconds left in period. Mathews gets an escape to trail 2-1. Rogers has about 1:50 riding time.

Rogers going down in the second period.

Mathews is riding hard with 120 left in period.

While typing that Rogers got decked. Did not see how.

Cowboys lead 15-9

Yeah it was quick. Turned away from my computer for a second and Rogers was pinned.

Crutchmer gets a power double let takedown, then gives up an escape to lead 2-1.

Crutchmer takes down and gets out quickly to lead 3-1.

Schufstall gets a quick takedown with Cruchmer getting a quick escape.

Schufstall gets a quick escape and it is tied 4-4.
Going to Sudden Victory
Cruchmer gets a double leg for the win.

Last edited:
18- 9

apparently neither Weigel or Schaffer are wrestling tonight.
Boyd gets a quick takedown and riding. Locked hands call, then escape,
Beer gets the takedown and riding. Boyd does escape and Geer leads 4-3
Boyd gets a takedown, then and escape.
Geer gets a takedown and riding. Stall call on Geer so it is 7-6
Boyd gets the takedown at the end of the period to lead 8-7
Beer chooses down and Boyd has 29 seconds ride time. Escape Geer for a tie match.
Boyd gets the takedown to win, but Geer is very good.
21-9

Last edited:
no score first period. White goes down and escapes quickly. Sounds like Reynolds is a 184 pounder and White is throwing him around, but not scoring.
Reynolds finally gets a stall warning, but White is not pushing him.

Reynolds chooses neutral in the 3rd.
White wins in a snoozer 1-0. Both had a stall warning on them.

Tanner Allen wrestling
Miller is ranked by Flo at 14th. no score yet.
Miller gets a takedown. rides out first period.
miller takes down and is up and out for the 3-0 lead with plenty of riding time.
Takedown by Miller, but quick escape by Tanner Allen. Miller leads 5-1 at the end of 2.
Allen chose down.
Miller rides for a while, but releases Allen 5-2 lead for Miller. Miller wins 6-2 with riding time.

24-12.

We did not look that good tonight. Edinburo can sure ride very well.

Last edited:
Tanner Allen wrestling
Miller is ranked by Flo at 14th. no score yet.
Miller gets a takedown. rides out first period.
miller takes down and is up and out for the 3-0 lead with plenty of riding time.
Takedown by Miller, but quick escape by Tanner Allen. Miller leads 5-1 at the end of 2.
Allen chose down.
Miller rides for a while, but releases Allen 5-2 lead for Miller. Miller wins 6-2 with riding time.

24-12.

We did not look that good tonight. Edinburo can sure ride very well.
Everyone knows I am not an optimist but this match was depressing. Somehow we get worse each match for the last 3 weeks. Someone jumped me about being too concerned with rankings but the last 3 weeks our wrestlers continue to drop in the weight class rankings and it does concern me. 35 is looking less and less likely. We need to turn it around as a team and get some momentum going. Someone said Pen St has only 3 top wrestlers, way off base. Right now Pen St would be favored to beat us at 25, 49, 57, 65, 74, 84 and HWT. With 197 being a toss up. People won't like this but it is reality tonight. I hope things change but it has been a long time since we won a National Championship.

Everyone knows I am not an optimist but this match was depressing. Somehow we get worse each match for the last 3 weeks. Someone jumped me about being too concerned with rankings but the last 3 weeks our wrestlers continue to drop in the weight class rankings and it does concern me. 35 is looking less and less likely. We need to turn it around as a team and get some momentum going. Someone said Pen St has only 3 top wrestlers, way off base. Right now Pen St would be favored to beat us at 25, 49, 57, 65, 74, 84 and HWT. With 197 being a toss up. People won't like this but it is reality tonight. I hope things change but it has been a long time since we won a National Championship.

Because worrying about the rankings is pointless. You seem to stress every week by our guys falling a spot here or there. Rogers being ranked No. 4 or 6 doesn't matter. What matters is how Rogers wrestles in March.

I think there is a big difference between not being happy with how overall we are wrestling at the moment (which I agree with) and worrying about who is ranked where from week to week. I don't think Cruch is wrestling well right now. I don't think it matters if he moves up a sport or down a spot from one week to the next.

Just watched Penn State demolish Ohio State. Very impressive squad at this point of the season loaded with bonus point wrestlers. Without a couple of injuries I have a hard time seeing anyone beating them at nationals.

Penn State tore Ohio State apart. They are loaded big time for a huge run .

I am not getting the video. The timer ticked down the seconds to start, but no video. Anybody else getting that?

Right now I'm not getting anything either but have it on the radio and it hasn't started yet. They are doing some introduction thing with the wrestlers and gymnasts.

Pic had a major
Brock won by forfeit
Heil won by TF (I could have Heil and Brock confused.)
Colica by fall
Dolan lost to a pretty tough kid
Rogers won (I think by major)

It was reported on another thread that Coach Smith was undecided on the 197 spot. Well, after watching White in these 2 matches Weigel should definitely own the nod. White did not make one legit takedown attempt in either and in his last 10 matches his highest score is 4 (all escapes).

Reactions: osu2082
It was reported on another thread that Coach Smith was undecided on the 197 spot. Well, after watching White in these 2 matches Weigel should definitely own the nod. White did not make one legit takedown attempt in either and in his last 10 matches his highest score is 4 (all escapes).
I've been out of town for a week and appreciate matfan updates. Does anyone know if Joe, Austin and Preston even made the trip? I' m more than a little concerned (don't know why exactly) but if they did not make the trip was it more than just not making weight?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT