ADVERTISEMENT

Uvalde shootings

It’s part of American culture, now. Nothing will change.
Buying an automatic weapon, dressing in body armor and going into an elementary school and murdering 8- and 9-year-old children is part of American culture? Things will change. It won't end things such as this, but things will change. During the time my kids were in secondary schools it went from me being able to walk into the front door to locked doors, cameras and ID's needed just to get into the school. Maybe when legislators put as much time and effort into keeping guns out of the hands of disturbed individuals as they do in allowing people to carry guns anywhere and anytime they want, something will happen.

It would be a start, but I would like to see the analytics on these shooters and the games and music they had in their playlist.

I am a huge 2nd amendment guy, but I am also for limits to certain platforms. For shotguns and 22's and such, sell them all day to 18 year old's, but for AR platforms, have a more detailed background check. I wouldn't be opposed to limiting AR's to those 21 and older. I don't know if that would help or not, but we have to do something.

As a parent, both my kids have shotguns, rifles, and AR's. BUT all those are locked in my gun safe and they can't get to them as they don't have access. My wife and I made that decision many years ago to prevent them from doing something stupid and to keep those guns away from any friends.

I agree with the comment that the parents/grandparents are just a guilty. They need to be parents and make the authorities aware. They know better than anyone that they have a troubled child.

Sorry, just sounding off. I'm heart broken. I can't imagine a parent dropping of their 2-4th grader at school and then never getting to see them again because of the actions a sick son of bitch. School is supposed to be a safe place, especially at that age.
This a thousand times! This can be prevented very easily.

Enhanced and/or universal background checks SHOULD be a no-brainer. And that’s a starting point. But we all know how this story will end: nobody with the actual capacity to effect real change will do anything. We’re already on the clock for another one of these tragic events because the only thing that truly scares politicians is losing financial backing and/or votes. The gun lobby is powerful, so the meaningless platitudes will continue.

This is our common nightmarish reality now and as a parent of a soon-to-be preschooler, it makes me sick to my stomach. I can’t fathom what those families in Uvalde must be going through. Hugged my kid extra hard last night.

P.S. Arming teachers is one of the dumbest suggestions out there.

P.S. Arming teachers is one of the dumbest suggestions out there.
I disagree. Just as an example, every wonder why this doesn't happen in Israel. All teachers there are fully armed. I don't think we should go that far, but if people know there are armed teachers who will protect the children, maybe they won't go into schools in the first place.

We better start paying teachers more and having a higher standard then. Just like any job, some don’t need to be packing.
Teachers are willing to die for those kids, and some have. It’s an insane, tragic deal all the way around. Can’t wait to hear stories my kid tells me about “lockdown drills.” They’ve become as routine as tornado drills.

I disagree. Just as an example, every wonder why this doesn't happen in Israel. All teachers there are fully armed. I don't think we should go that far, but if people know there are armed teachers who will protect the children, maybe they won't go into schools in the first place.
Gun ownership is legal in Israel, but you have to meet a list of strict criteria to purchase a gun. You are arguing for stricter gun laws in this country.

https://www.gov.il/he/Departments/Policies/firearm_licensing_criteria

Edit to add that almost all Israeli teachers have also done at least 4 years of service in the Israeli military. You are comparing apples to door knobs.

We better start paying teachers more and having a higher standard then. Just like any job, some don’t need to be packing.
Even the ones who are packing would be seriously outgunned in almost all of the cases that have occurred.

Reactions: BiloxiPoke
That's the parent's job. They have content advisor warning labels on the boxes and online when you buy them. You can't fix issues that don't start with how your raised and your family staying together.
This. I have a teenage son who plays games and there is no way in hell something like this is happening. Parenting is a big problem in this country. Kids raising kids and often alone imo. Thoughts and prayers for those in Uvalde.

Gun ownership is legal in Israel, but you have to meet a list of strict criteria to purchase a gun. You are arguing for stricter gun laws in this country.

Edit to add that almost all Israeli teachers have also done at least 4 years of service in the Israeli military. You are comparing apples to door knobs.
Thanks for that info. I do agree that any armed teacher should be fully trained and willing. Wasn’t implying that every teacher should be armed. My point being that if we know schools have armed guards and teachers, these idiots may not go there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Been Jammin

Not to mention the fact that the shooter in Uvalde was engaged by law enforcement outside the school, shots were fired, and the guy still got inside. So the “good guys with guns” narrative failed there. What’s a teacher gonna do when their priority should be getting the kids to safety as quickly and quietly as possible? Again, the idea of arming the teachers is dumb. And I’d wager many teachers don’t even want it.

I fully agree that this is a mental illness issue, so maybe don't have AR-15s so easily available in a country full of mentally ill twats.
AR-15s are hunting rifles.

Ban those and they'll use something else.

284175364_10160330310997088_9038320529713822228_n.jpg

Take away the guns and these kids would make bombs. Our society is broken and these kids reflect that. Fox just had a parent whose daughter was the first one killed at Columbine. He and his wife have a program that reaches out and identifies disaffected youth. They claim to have prevented a number of these events and suicides . I found the discussion very interesting and perhaps a starting point. Focusing on guns is a dead end as the last 20 plus years have proven.
Easy access to
Bitching about thoughts and prayers will solve the issue.
I am tired of the "Thoughts and Payers" being sent. They do NOTHING to bring back those children. The right needs to actually DO something. While I agree most new gun laws will have minimal effect, if constructively designed they could provide some benefit. Then we need a huge investment towards mental health. This should be comprehensive. Working to identify at risk individuals and intervene as soon as possible. And political leaders ,like MTG, saying to kill democrats should not be celebrated by republicans. This tells young people it is ok to kill those with whom you disagree. The political leaders should not be openly lying and encouraging insurrection. They should conduct themselves more appropriately.

Easy access to

I am tired of the "Thoughts and Payers" being sent. They do NOTHING to bring back those children. The right needs to actually DO something. While I agree most new gun laws will have minimal effect, if constructively designed they could provide some benefit. Then we need a huge investment towards mental health. This should be comprehensive. Working to identify at risk individuals and intervene as soon as possible. And political leaders ,like MTG, saying to kill democrats should not be celebrated by republicans. This tells young people it is ok to kill those with whom you disagree. The political leaders should not be openly lying and encouraging insurrection. They should conduct themselves more appropriately.
I don’t know who MTG is, but the the republicans don’t have the market cornered on that rhetoric. I think your TDS may make you one of those at risk individuals of which you speak.

I fully agree that this is a mental illness issue, so maybe don't have AR-15s so easily available in a country full of mentally ill twats.
Might want to secure the border while you’re at it.

Interesting. Thoughts and prayers

What are you hunting that you need 7 clips with 30 rounds? Guess laws have changed since I went dove hunting and could only have 5 shells. I’ll feel much better next year with 210 rounds.
7 clips with 30 rounds will not load into a rifle. I don’t even think there is such a thing as a 30 round clip. I have seen 10 round clips, but again they won’t load into a rifle.

I agreed up until Video Games...If games are your tipping point, you're already mentally unhealthy.

Arm the schools, lock the schools during the day. If you have to leave the building, you don't go alone and you're checked before you come in.

Does it kind of feel like prison, maybe...But better to be safe.

Instead of spending money on something that benefits nobody, the federal government could easily fund a protection force for the entire country. Ex-Military would line up in droves I bet.
Video games (as well as TV and Movies) are desensitizing kids to violence today. It may affect a small fraction of the population, but it’s that small fraction who are the crazies doing this kind of stuff. There have always been these types of people around. It’s just nowadays that they have the means to act upon these evil thoughts.

Many schools have things in place to provide safety and prevent these things from happening. But the bigger the school, the more difficult it is to insure security, especially when students have to exit the main building for some of their classes (such as athletics) which makes it very easy for intruders to get into a main building.

It would help massively if there was a greater security presence. we have over 3,000 students on our campus, and at times its like herding cats for teachers and administrators.

Last edited:
Easy access to

The right? How about both sides do something, you wonder why our nation is so jacked up. Well because of that mentality, the right or the left. Both sides need to come together and work on a solution. This is why I don’t get into politics or care too, both sides think the other is wrong and at fault but neither side gives a rats a** about us as people. And that is a clear as day.

7 clips with 30 rounds will not load into a rifle. I don’t even think there is such a thing as a 30 round clip. I have seen 10 round clips, but again they won’t load into a rifle.
Huh? 30 round clips are common in AR15s...100 round clips are also available.

30 round clips are available

The right? How about both sides do something, you wonder why our nation is so jacked up. Well because of that mentality, the right or the left. Both sides need to come together and work on a solution. This is why I don’t get into politics or care too, both sides think the other is wrong and at fault but neither side gives a rats a** about us as people. And that is a clear as day.
The left did not openly attack the US Government with very large approval of republicans. Many republicans say it never happened and the convicted criminals are just political prisoners. That is not the left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT