ADVERTISEMENT

US Trails

Don't know to be honest. I believe all ncaa Champs qualify to wrestle at trials
He indicated in an interview that he is wrestling. Coverage is on NBCSN and Peacock and starts 10AM April 2nd on Peacock and I assume on NBCSN.

Reactions: DPJ
Following is the schedule for U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling coverage across NBCSN, Peacock and NBC Sports digital platforms:

DATE COVERAGE NETWORK TIME
April 2 Challenge Tournament
Men’s & Women’s Freestyle
Greco-Roman
Mats 1, 2, 3 and 4 Peacock 11 a.m.

Challenge Tournament Finals
Greco-Roman
Mat 2 NBCSN
NBCSports.com
NBC Sports app 7:30 p.m.

Challenge Tournament Finals
Greco-Roman
Mats 1, 3 and 4 Peacock 7:30 p.m.
April 3 Challenge Tournament Consolations
Greco-Roman
Mats 1, 2 and 3 Peacock 1 p.m.

Championship Series
Greco-Roman
Mat 2 NBCSN 7:30 p.m.

Championship Series
Greco-Roman
Mats 1 and 3 NBCSports.com
NBC Sports app 7:30 p.m.
Note: specific mat coverage subject to change

Reactions: FHOSU
Pretty good having two college wrestlers seeded 2 and 6 at their weights.
Just glancing:
Ok State has 2
Penn State has 3
Wisconsin has 2 if you include Wick.
Cornell has 1
Iowa State has 1
Minnesota has 1
Rutgers has 1- I’m assuming Suriano is still coming back for one more year.

Reactions: tom_v31
Do we get to count Marsteller? What got into that guy? What a waste of a college career.

Do we get to count Marsteller? What got into that guy? What a waste of a college career.
What happened to Marsteller is what is hard to judge for coaches. Are they going to start getting drunk and running around naked in the dorms?

Marsteller at 157 didn’t turn out well. Guy didn’t have anything in the tank. If you can only wrestle 2 minutes after the weight cut it isn’t going to be pretty.

Marsteller at 157 didn’t turn out well. Guy didn’t have anything in the tank. If you can only wrestle 2 minutes after the weight cut it isn’t going to be pretty.
This is a sad tale of what could have been. Look at how well he is wrestling now and the current weight. I never thought 157 and weight cut was the issue, he looked bad in 3rd period wrestling 165 in opens. But it really messed up the team, bringing Joe out of redshirt too early to then later Joe messing up team weights and Chandler. If only he could've been in college what he was expected to be. :(

Throw in a couple of other highly recruited guys that never lived up to expectations and you’ve got why we are where we are. IMO. Good news is that it looks like that is behind us and great times are coming soon.

I always liked Marsteller, glad he's having success now.

We talk about the 2020/21 recruiting classes a lot, but the 2014/15 classes were very highly regarded too. Way before Daton, I thought this lineup would do major damage...

125: Picc
133: Kaid
141: Boo
149: Joe (was 145 as a junior)
157: Ryan Blees
165: Marsteller
174: Chandler

What about Jordan Rogers? He looked like he was going to be a world beater also.

What about Jordan Rogers? He looked like he was going to be a world beater also.

Yep, Jordan was top 5 coming out of HS. Who'd guess Nolan Boyd would have the better career. Both 2012 I believe.

The 2014 class also had Preston Weigel. I thought Weigel was a possible sleeper after watching him against Lance Benick (remember that guy?) in HS. Benick chose neutral in the 3rd trailing 1-0. Another guy I thought was a sleeper was Tyler Mann out of AR, but he didn't pan out.

This is a sad tale of what could have been. Look at how well he is wrestling now and the current weight. I never thought 157 and weight cut was the issue, he looked bad in 3rd period wrestling 165 in opens. But it really messed up the team, bringing Joe out of redshirt too early to then later Joe messing up team weights and Chandler. If only he could've been in college what he was expected to be. :(
Obviously Marsteller had substance abuse even when he was here. He apparently has straightened out now. 74K is 163.14# so if he had been on the straight and narrow when here 157 was a definite possibility. Now 3-4 years later he only wrestling up 6 pounds and was clearly the dominant wrestler at his weight class at the Last chance.

Throw in a couple of other highly recruited guys that never lived up to expectations and you’ve got why we are where we are. IMO. Good news is that it looks like that is behind us and great times are coming soon.

Add in a couple of major injuries and a coaching changeover. Let's hope the bad juju is done for :)

Reactions: turfpoke
Shit can go south in a hurry with 9.9 scholarships. Time for the luck to change our way. I feel it coming.

Reactions: JAY45
Anyone know what mats we will be on this morning?

My uncle is at the trials and he just told me Cox missed weight.

WHAATTT?!! 😳 I hope that is not correct. That is bush league! When you’re one of the premier wrestlers in the world, you don’t miss weight! I hope that is miss information

Apparently his coaches got him to the weigh ins a few minutes late and they disqualified him, that’s the rumor at least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT