ADVERTISEMENT

US Trails - Last Chance Qualifier

CowboyMedic

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2009
Anyone know why Derek White didn't compete at 125 kg? I thought I saw where he was the #1 seed going into it but didn't see him on the bracket.

Maybe this is a silly question. I’m a folkstyle follower, I never wrestled freestyle. If a guy doesn’t win this last chance qualifier does that pretty much tell guys it’s time to hang it up and go into the business world? Never say never, but Dean Heil, Derek White, Austin Shaffer, where as fantastic wrestlers and ambassadors to the university, aren’t making the Olympic team now or ever. Are they just like guys that are playing in minor league baseball hanging onto the dream?

Maybe this is a silly question. I’m a folkstyle follower, I never wrestled freestyle. If a guy doesn’t win this last chance qualifier does that pretty much tell guys it’s time to hang it up and go into the business world? Never say never, but Dean Heil, Derek White, Austin Shaffer, where as fantastic wrestlers and ambassadors to the university, aren’t making the Olympic team now or ever. Are they just like guys that are playing in minor league baseball hanging onto the dream?
RTC...cough...cough

Reactions: turfpoke
Braxton Amos looked good. He also beat Tim Dudley a little while back. I wonder how he'll handle the cut down to 197. I don't think he's wrestled under 200 since 8th grade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT