ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Era New Job Announcements Thread

You acknowledge falling for the simplest closing technique in the book - the appeal to emotion. Congrats on shifting your brain into neutral and becoming a Trump lemming.

No im trying to tell you that in a previous career life, I was a sales manager and a big part of successful sales, deals, negotiations, etc is exactly what you call propaganda / although that's not really accurate.

Major companies announce they are creating new plants/workplaces in the United States INSTEAD of somewhere else after meeting with Trump. Yeah, the Muslim had these meetings all time with a comparable success rate, and this led to record participation in the American workforce. Funny how quickly we forget.

Wasn't Obama's point man on jobs Jeffery Immelt from GE a company that's been shipping jobs overseas and using loopholes to avoid by taxes?

This administration doesn't give a rat's ass about job growth, they have been all in on growth of government and it's bureaucracies at the expense of real economic growth.

Trump Adds/Saves More than 1.2 Million US Jobs and He’s Not Even President Yet.
16114106_254679514954431_8857290019633758035_n.jpg

Wasn't Obama's point man on jobs Jeffery Immelt from GE a company that's been shipping jobs overseas and using loopholes to avoid by taxes?

This administration doesn't give a rat's ass about job growth, they have been all in on growth of government and it's bureaucracies at the expense of real economic growth.
The only job growth Obama was interested in was government workers. Has been stashing his people throughout government since day one. That pace has escalated recently. They aren't being put there to assist Trump.

The only job growth Obama was interested in was government workers. Has been stashing his people throughout government since day one. That pace has escalated recently. They aren't being put there to assist Trump.
This is completely unhinged from reality. You are a mark.

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

Reactions: davidallen
@Headhunter - not from Bezos but someone who has senior responsibility for workforce planning and recruiting: "ridiculous to think a 60% increase in headcount is due to anything but business fundamentals".

Hope that helps...
Of course you don't add jobs unless the business fundamentals are correct. But since these weren't announced prior to the election I suspect there was serious consideration being given to locating these jobs somewhere other than the USA.

Hope that helps...

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Of course you don't add jobs unless the business fundamentals are correct. But since these weren't announced prior to the election I suspect there was serious consideration being given to locating these jobs somewhere other than the USA.

Hope that helps...
Doesn't help at all.

The jobs forecast for the US is in line with overall distribution of jobs globally. At the rate AMZN is hiring, the primary factors that influence job location are logistics (i.e. staffing distribution centers) and availability of talent (largely on the tech side).

Doesn't help at all.

The jobs forecast for the US is in line with overall distribution of jobs globally. At the rate AMZN is hiring, the primary factors that influence job location are logistics (i.e. staffing distribution centers) and availability of talent (largely on the tech side).
I hope this information the insider gave you was disclosed at the time you received it.

I'm guessing Trump has never worn a bicycle helmet either.

The population growth in Colorado wouldn't have anything to do with this at all, right?

Also should note that because of the business model of Amazon these aren't jobs that would ever have been shipped overseas, so be sure to not count them towards that number.

Why?

More to job creation than just the prevention of them shipping overseas.

Ref is awaiting your response to make the call.

Why?

More to job creation than just the prevention of them shipping overseas.

Ref is awaiting your response to make the call.

Amazon has several fulfillment facilities around the country to enable delivery to be as fast as possible. They have SLAs to meet which requires that proximity. For example someone in Austin purchases an item. They will ship it from one of their many warehouses in Texas, rather than one from California. From RTFA it mentions that they already have a sorting facility there opened last year, but this new one is going to offer the entire fulfillment shebang. Amazon is going to continue to grow their fulfillment centers in the areas that need them the most. If you know anyone in Colorado (especially Denver) all they talk about is how fast people are moving there since weed was legalized. In my mind that is much more of a driver of the need for the new facility than anything else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT