driad

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2009
Trump going to make an announcement. Wall is coming,
Ginsburg is dead.

Last edited:
My bet is:

-Declaration of National Emergency and direction to Army Corps of Engineers to start building wall, and
-Government to reopen

Then my commentary last week or so about the possibility of this being a face saving measure with knowledge that there will be multiple lawsuits challenging that authority which have potential for success.

Reactions: ctrawick
My bet is:

-Declaration of National Emergency and direction to Army Corps of Engineers to start building wall, and
-Government to reopen

Then my commentary last week or so about the possibility of this being a face saving measure with knowledge that there will be multiple lawsuits challenging that authority which have potential for success.

It is horrible 800,000 are out of work, but I believe our Congress should be forced to strike a deal and work together. I say do not declare an emergency and keep the government closed. The people that elected the Dems in power in the house wanted conflict, this is exactly what they wanted, let them have it.

That said you are probably right.

It is horrible 800,000 are out of work, but I believe our Congress should be forced to strike a deal and work together. I say do not declare an emergency and keep the government closed. The people that elected the Dems in power in the house wanted conflict, this is exactly what they wanted, let them have it.

That said you are probably right.
The 800k out of work will be paid. So there are 800k currently on a paid vacation. We need to RIF about 600k of those.

The 800k out of work will be paid. So there are 800k currently on a paid vacation. We need to RIF about 600k of those.

I just wish Trump would wait this out, I always felt if I was Prez I would do what I thought was best for 4 years and screw it if I was re-elected. This was a cornerstone piece of Trump’s agenda. Anyone that took him serious on Mexico paying for the wall is a moron, I knew that was Trump bravado but I want the wall. Keep it shut down to the next election if you have to. Break the Dems on this, and as we go with limited government under the shut down, RIF the positions that are obviously not needed, unemployment at all time low, find a private sector job.

Last edited:
Was in the Post Office the other day and the women behind the counter were upset that they worked for an agency which isn't effected by the shutdown and they had to work. They were physically there but to say they were working might be a stretch.

Reactions: poke2001
Trump can use the current caravan to bolster his case to the courts a national emergency exists. He will declare the emergency, but he waited until another caravan is trying to get in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT