ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts Regarding Trump’s Border Wall

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
I have been opposed to the border wall from the beginning. One concern I have always had - and as a libertarian it is a big concern - is it might ultimately be used against us rather than for us. The focus could easily be switched from it being used to keep “them” out instead it being used to keep us in.

Any clear thinking person cannot look at Democrat policies, Covid lockdowns, mask mandates, etc. and not see signs of authoritarian growth. These have been policies ardently cheered by the manipulated masses. Government by its nature is a growth enterprise always eager to accumulate more power. At some point seemingly benign government becomes tyranical. Our country is in a mad dash toward tyranny. When that happens we probably should be grateful the Democrats stupidly fought against erecting the wall, it will be our turn to cross the border to get away from the leviathan. The wall would be used to keep us in.

I have been opposed to the border wall from the beginning. One concern I have always had - and as a libertarian it is a big concern - is it might ultimately be used against us rather than for us. The focus could easily be switched from it being used to keep “them” out instead it being used to keep us in.
This part of your post makes a valid point.

Especially now that Trump is calling for the termination of the Constitution.

Any clear thinking person cannot look at Democrat policies, Covid lockdowns, mask mandates, etc. and not see signs of authoritarian growth. These have been policies ardently cheered by the manipulated masses. Government by its nature is a growth enterprise always eager to accumulate more power. At some point seemingly benign government becomes tyranical. Our country is in a mad dash toward tyranny. When that happens we probably should be grateful the Democrats stupidly fought against erecting the wall, it will be our turn to cross the border to get away from the leviathan. The wall would be used to keep us in.
You got lost somewhere Dan.

Reactions: 2012Bearcat
Sorry brother, Clinton and two pesos got yer back. 👍
Not really. Dan is right about Trump (finally). But his motivation is still based in his desire to see Republicans beat the Democrats. His desperation has finally led him to engage in a little self-reflection for once.

Positive baby steps for him, no doubt!

Not really. Dan is right about Trump (finally). But his motivation is still based in his desire to see Republicans beat the Democrats. His desperation has finally led him to engage in a little self-reflection for once.

Positive baby steps for him, no doubt!
You are a funny guy or gal! Whichever. 🤣

is it might ultimately be used against us rather than for us. The focus could easily be switched from it being used to keep “them” out instead it being used to keep us in.

Heysus H. Cripes on a rotting tri-delt crotch: a fvcking wall isn't going to keep any of us "in".

Help Line: BR-549

Reactions: iasooner2000
Heysus H. Cripes on a rotting tri-delt crotch: a fvcking wall isn't going to keep any of us "in".

Help Line: BR-549
Think about it. Was the Berlin wall designed to keep people in or out? Did it work?

Your fixation ignores all other factors. Here's one for consideration:

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...n-Come-and-Take-It-flag-Gonzales-13275757.php
No, Jimmy, I’m not ignoring other factors. I have serious doubts about the willingness of today’s Americans to throw off the yoke of authoritarianism. Look what happened during the peak of Covid: people were told not to open their businesses, not to go to work, to stay inside, don’t travel, wear a mask, wear two - three! - masks, get an unlimited number of vaccine shots, don’t go to weddings or funerals or visit the sick or dying in hospitals, stay at least 6 feet apart, keep your kids in the house, don’t let them play with others in the neighborhood, etc., etc., etc. And what was the response from people who call themselves free? Why obedience, of course,

No, Jimmy, I’m not ignoring other factors. I have serious doubts about the willingness of today’s Americans to throw off the yoke of authoritarianism. Look what happened during the peak of Covid: people were told not to open their businesses, not to go to work, to stay inside, don’t travel, wear a mask, wear two - three! - masks, get an unlimited number of vaccine shots, don’t go to weddings or funerals or visit the sick or dying in hospitals, stay at least 6 feet apart, keep your kids in the house, don’t let them play with others in the neighborhood, etc., etc., etc. And what was the response from people who call themselves free? Why obedience, of course,
Shit's and Kamala will relieve yer worries brother. If you believe. 😉

What they should be doing is driving I-beams down the middle of the Rio Grande & then paneling them to about 20 feet high & 5-10 feet below the surface, with some type of super slick & high mechanical resistant material. Be much harder to make it over (or under) that set up. Or you could do that in sparsely populated areas to funnel the law breaking scum into areas that have higher concentrations of law enforcement.

If walls didn't work as these rich bastards wouldn't have them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT