ADVERTISEMENT

This is basic political fact.

Headhunter

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Stillwater, OK
If you are the President you get to nominate the Supreme Court nominee, Senate gets to confirm.

If you a are a President who is in one party and the Senate is in control of the other party, sorry Charlie no Justice. If the President and the Senate are the same party the other party is boned.

This will be fun.

Last edited:
If you are the President you get to nominate the Supreme Court nominee, Senate gets to confirm.

If you a are a President who is in on one party and the Senate is in control of the other other party, sorry Charlie no Justice. If the President and the Senate are the same party the other party is boned.

This will be fun.

Basic and logical.

tens of millions of democrats right now do not have the brain wrinkles to understand it.

You're right there are spinless Republicans. Maybe the base can give them some balls.

there is more of a chance now than there would have been 4 years ago, but vitamin b-trump doesn’t affect everyone the same way.

nzR80zDx.jpeg

This is the deal. Dems have zero footing on fair. I respect RBG, but she does not, in life or death, dictate what happens with her seat. Republicans are going to be glaring hypocrites if they push a nomination through, especially if it is a clearly right-leaning nominee. Heavy-right leaning rather than the constitutionist type. If that happens, the republicans better hope they never lose both the house and the senate ever again. I do think this brings up a good debate point between the two. Put each others’ lists and let the chips fall where they may. Personally, the republicans have set a precedent here, though the constitution makes no rules on this, I think the republicans are in a very tough spot.

This is the deal. Dems have zero footing on fair. I respect RBG, but she does not, in life or death, dictate what happens with her seat. Republicans are going to be glaring hypocrites if they push a nomination through, especially if it is a clearly right-leaning nominee. Heavy-right leaning rather than the constitutionist type. If that happens, the republicans better hope they never lose both the house and the senate ever again. I do think this brings up a good debate point between the two. Put each others’ lists and let the chips fall where they may. Personally, the republicans have set a precedent here, though the constitution makes no rules on this, I think the republicans are in a very tough spot.

I nominate Ted Nugent.

Ahem. Did anyone expect anything less?

Trump has already said he has the letter notification to impose the Insurrection Act prepared to issue. Then the troops start arriving to crack some skulls.

LibAnarchists - a word to the wise...don't try to shut down the country when millions of arms carrying Americans are out of work. Their patience is very thin now.

Reactions: iasooner1 and 22LR
This is easy......what would the pinko left-wing commie bed wetters do? If you think they would wait until after the election, because that’s the fair thing, please don’t have children.

I worded my lest post poorly, but the dems do not get to screech about fairness with their impeachment charade.

Trump needs to appoint some one now. There is no reason to wait, legally, morally, or ethically. The constitution does not dictate anything except the president appoints and the senate confirms. That's it. Doesn't care about elections, hurtful feelings, etc. But, some of the repubs are already caving (susan collins for 1) and I'm sure there will be a couple more. Collins did vote for Kavenaugh so who knows. ..she has officially said today to delay the choosing. This could get very interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT