ADVERTISEMENT

The Headline Says All You Need To Know

I’ll ask again: why should *any* country take them in when they already have a place to live, especially the West Bank, which is their ancestral homeland? Furthermore, why are you outraged by the millions of immigrants pouring into our country? What’s the difference between your attitude toward immigrants coming here, where you want an impenetrable wall to keep them out, and Egypt doing the same?
Well Dan if you haven't noticed Israel and Hamas are at war. You keep saying Israel keeps the supposedly peaceful Palestinians trapped in a box when all of those peaceful people could go into Egypt to avoid the hostilities. In other words Dan, it's not Israel that is keeping Palestinians in a box.

Yet you call Gaza an open air prison due to the wall they've built. Again, talking out of both sides of your face at once.
The wall is one small component of why Gaza is called an open air prison and a concentration camp. Israel set up what it thought was a foolproof way to control the people while they figure out a way to get rid of them altogether in their drive to dominate everything from the river to the sea, a two-fer, if you will: an apartheid state within a contained area which it controlled virtually every aspect of existence.

• Haha
Reactions: Ostatedchi
You keep saying Israel has boxed the Palestinians in when it's not Israel boxing them in. It's the entire Middle East.
Hm. Israel built a wall along the Gaza border, instigated a naval blockade forbidding access from the sea and demolished airports so that it controls that aspect of entrance and exit. I’d say it’s Israel that boxes them in.

Do you want to end collateral damage or not?

Getting non combatants off the battlefield seems like a no brainer.

Someone want them there.

Do you think it’s the Israelis that want kids in the line of fire?
Actually I do. I think the off-their-rocker extreme right of Israeli politics, whom Bibi cannot survive without (he’ll be headed to prison otherwise) which has its country by the short hairs wants exactly that: to exterminate as many Palestinians as it can and drive the rest into exile in the desert. They’ve said as much, I think we should believe them.

Well Dan if you haven't noticed Israel and Hamas are at war. You keep saying Israel keeps the supposedly peaceful Palestinians trapped in a box when all of those peaceful people could go into Egypt to avoid the hostilities. In other words Dan, it's not Israel that is keeping Palestinians in a box.
You know that is not true, yet you keep saying it as if you think if you say it often enough it will magically become true.

Let’s play a game of “What Would You Say If … “

Let’s pretend Hamas somehow managed to put together a small counterattack into Israel, caught the IDF completely by surprise. Let’s pretend that in the counterattack they managed to capture a city of, oh, say 30,000 people. Had control of the city. And let’s pretend they told the people of the city to congregate at the soccer stadium, that they’d be safe there. So half the town hurries to the stadium, gets locked in so they can’t escape, and Hamas fighters open fire on them killing as many as they can, including women, children and babies without remorse. In the meantime Hamas begins leveling homes and apartment buildings knowing many of them are occupied because only half the people fled to the “safe zone.” It destroys hospitals, killing doctors, nurses and patients, makes the hospital unusable. Let’s pretend Hamas hunts down journalists who are trying to report what is happening in the town and kills them. Let’s pretend international aid groups, horrified by what is happening rush to the city to render relief, only to be turned away by Hamas.

So let’s pretend all of that is happening. Your argument for the last four months is war happens, there’s collateral damage in war, there are no rules of conduct about war (even though there are). Would you make the same argument on behalf of Hamas that you have for Israel? Shrug your shoulders and say the same things you’ve said to me about “this is war, shit happens” when I unload criticism on Hamas for what it is doing? Tell me, Bearcat, if the combat boot was on the other foot what would you say?

Let’s play a game of “What Would You Say If … “

Let’s pretend Hamas somehow managed to put together a small counterattack into Israel, caught the IDF completely by surprise. Let’s pretend that in the counterattack they managed to capture a city of, oh, say 30,000 people. Had control of the city. And let’s pretend they told the people of the city to congregate at the soccer stadium, that they’d be safe there. So half the town hurries to the stadium, gets locked in so they can’t escape, and Hamas fighters open fire on them killing as many as they can, including women, children and babies without remorse. In the meantime Hamas begins leveling homes and apartment buildings knowing many of them are occupied because only half the people fled to the “safe zone.” It destroys hospitals, killing doctors, nurses and patients, makes the hospital unusable. Let’s pretend Hamas hunts down journalists who are trying to report what is happening in the town and kills them. Let’s pretend international aid groups, horrified by what is happening rush to the city to render relief, only to be turned away by Hamas.

So let’s pretend all of that is happening. Your argument for the last four months is war happens, there’s collateral damage in war, there are no rules of conduct about war (even though there are). Would you make the same argument on behalf of Hamas that you have for Israel? Shrug your shoulders and say the same things you’ve said to me about “this is war, shit happens” when I unload criticism on Hamas for what it is doing? Tell me, Bearcat, if the combat boot was on the other foot what would you say?
Are you saying that Israel has thousands of people congregate in a soccer stadium with no military assets present and then intentionally targeted that stadium in order to kill as many of them as possible? I haven't seen that, please provide one of your sources for that one.
In your scenario is Israel using hospitals, schools and apartment buildings for military operations? If so those are legitimate military targets. Don't want those places targeted don't use them for military operations.
Are the doctors, nurses, teachers and who ever else you want protected helping the Israelis hold Hamas hostages, plan military ops and fighting against Hamas? If so they are legitimate targets
Is Israel embedding itself in the civilian population and conduct military operations out of it? If so they are legitimate military targets according to international law.
Would Hamas be able to thoroughly inspect this humanitarian aid to insure supplies the military could us in fighting Hamas are not getting in? If not I would expect Hamas not to let them in.
More importantly have the Israelis been told if they surrender hostilities will stop?

Are you saying that Israel has thousands of people congregate in a soccer stadium with no military assets present and then intentionally targeted that stadium in order to kill as many of them as possible? I haven't seen that, please provide one of your sources for that one.
In your scenario is Israel using hospitals, schools and apartment buildings for military operations? If so those are legitimate military targets. Don't want those places targeted don't use them for military operations.
Are the doctors, nurses, teachers and who ever else you want protected helping the Israelis hold Hamas hostages, plan military ops and fighting against Hamas? If so they are legitimate targets
Is Israel embedding itself in the civilian population and conduct military operations out of it? If so they are legitimate military targets according to international law.
Would Hamas be able to thoroughly inspect this humanitarian aid to insure supplies the military could us in fighting Hamas are not getting in? If not I would expect Hamas not to let them in.
More importantly have the Israelis been told if they surrender hostilities will stop?
Ah, I see. Cat got your tongue, so you can’t play.

You know that is not true, yet you keep saying it as if you think if you say it often enough it will magically become true.
Kind of the entire point Dan, Egypt will not allow the Palestinians into their country. Why is that? Is Egypt trying to box the Palestinians in so the Israelis can kill them all or might there be a reason to keep Palestinians out of there country? The reason is what you don't want to address.
Hm. Israel built a wall along the Gaza border, instigated a naval blockade forbidding access from the sea and demolished airports so that it controls that aspect of entrance and exit. I’d say it’s Israel that boxes them in.
Is there a reason Israel has a naval blockade and doesn't allow air travel into the country?

Ah, I see. Cat got your tongue, so you can’t play.
Your scenario needs further details, I provided them and answered. Oh and in your scenario have the Israelis been offered to cease hostilities if they surrender? Kind of an important question and another one you don't want to address.

80S Ok GIF

Yes Dan, terrorists are evil people putting women and children in harms way.

Kind of the entire point Dan, Egypt will not allow the Palestinians into their country. Why is that? Is Egypt trying to box the Palestinians in so the Israelis can kill them all or might there be a reason to keep Palestinians out of there country? The reason is what you don't want to address.

Is there a reason Israel has a naval blockade and doesn't allow air travel into the country?
As to you last question the answer is easy. Zionists have maintained from the beginning that all the land from the river to the sea had been promised to the Jews by God a few millennia back, and they intend to take what is “theirs.” Problem is there were a few million people already living there, and the urgency has been to keep them bottled up in a manageable area until they can figure out how to dispose of them. Kill them or drive them away it doesn’t matter, just take what they believe belongs to them. The indigenous people, the Palestinians, did not take kindly to their treatment (I bet you wouldn’t either if you were one of them) and have had the audacity to fight back, some of them at least. Their only method of recourse has been via resistance (we call it terrorism, but if we were them we’d say we are freedom fighters). Israel knows its survival depends on total control, which it has determined is best attained by creating an apartheid state. The naval blockade helps them render that control, and it uses the convenient excuse the blockade is necessary to keep weapons out of the hands of the people it means to exploit until they can be extinguished.

Your scenario needs further details, I provided them and answered. Oh and in your scenario have the Israelis been offered to cease hostilities if they surrender? Kind of an important question and another one you don't want to address.
A cowardly answer.

80S Ok GIF

Yes Dan, terrorists are evil people putting women and children in harms way.
Should we consider US military installations to be “in harm’s way?” They are established near women and children, in fact many of them house women and chikdren. Does that make members of US military installations terrorists that put women and children in harm’s way? Or does the standard progressive answer “That’s different!” apply?

Should we consider US military installations to be “in harm’s way?” They are established near women and children, in fact many of them house women and chikdren. Does that make members of US military installations terrorists that put women and children in harm’s way? Or does the standard progressive answer “That’s different!” apply?
On a military base? Yes the military base is a legitimate target. Putting women and children there doesn't protect it from attack.

Reactions: Tulsaaggieson
A cowardly answer.
LMAO The cowardly answer would be that of the one that does not answer. Here is another opportunity for you, have the Israelis in your scenario been offered the chance to surrender?

Really Dan?

LMAO The cowardly answer would be that of the one that does not answer. Here is another opportunity for you, have the Israelis in your scenario been offered the chance to surrender?
Well you didn’t answer! I guess you’re the coward!

On a military base? Yes the military base is a legitimate target. Putting women and children there doesn't protect it from attack.
Does that make the people who put the women and children there cowardly terrorists? That’s the question for which I’m seeking an answer. If Hamas is comprised of cowardly terrorists for doing what US military installations do is it not logical, therefore, to say the same about the US military?

Does that make the people who put the women and children there cowardly terrorists? That’s the question for which I’m seeking an answer. If Hamas is comprised of cowardly terrorists for doing what US military installations do is it not logical, therefore, to say the same about the US military?
Depends, are they hiding behind women and children to keep from being attacks and when they are use that attack as propaganda the way Hamas is and has done for years? If so yes they are cowards.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Actually I do. I think the off-their-rocker extreme right of Israeli politics, whom Bibi cannot survive without (he’ll be headed to prison otherwise) which has its country by the short hairs wants exactly that: to exterminate as many Palestinians as it can and drive the rest into exile in the desert. They’ve said as much, I think we should believe them.

What I’m seeing is a proxy war.

The people that keep Palestinians between a rock and a rock haven’t registered on your radar.

Terrible comparison.

Depends, are they hiding behind women and children to keep from being attacks and when they are use that attack as propaganda the way Hamas is and has done for years? If so yes they are cowards.
You’ve personally seen Hamas fighters hide behind women and children? Or have you just fantasized it to justify killing women and children? Yeah, I think you’ve fantasized it because you really hate them.

I’m unsure what you mean by this comment. I do not blame the innocent Israeli victims of the Oct 7 attack for their demise, and never have. I *do* blame the Israeli government for the slaughter of tens of thousands of Palestinians who are just as innocent as the Israeli victims.
Check out the casualties of every war in history. For most of the countries involved in the war, over half of the casualties are civilians. In countries where the war was fought, it‘s a much higher percentage. Just the nature of war.

Check out the casualties of every war in history. For most of the countries involved in the war, over half of the casualties are civilians. In countries where the war was fought, it‘s a much higher percentage. Just the nature of war.
Please go back and read Comment #87 and tell me what you would say.

There isn’t anything else in your formula.

That’s why your math sucks.
Mine was a flippant response to what I regarded as an unserious comment of yours. Here's my part of the mathematical equation: the Zionists of Israel truely believe they have a mandate from God, a promise made to their race some 4000 years ago that all of Palestine - from the river to the sea - would be theirs to rule. And because of the promise they believe they have godly authorization to commit any act of violence they deem necessary to bring the promise to fruition. Bibi Netanyahu and his thugish cohorts from the exterme right of Israeli politics recognized that as long as they could keep Hamas in power in Gaza there could never be a two state solution. They are adamantly opposed to a two state solution because it would bring an end to the Zionist ambition to rule it all. In the meantime they needed to find a way to keep the Palestinians in check until they could develop a plan to drive them into the desert or kill them, whichever would be easiest for Israel. And the plan included an apartheid state within a walled in and isolated area they could monitor. Oct 7 demolished that vision. So Plan B is to herd the Palestinians into a smaller and smaller area where they could destroy them in one fell swoop. They might get condemned by the world for what they did, but that would not matter since they were doing what God told them to do; they know the condemnation will eventually blow over, the USA has their back, and things will return to the way they have always dreamed it should be.

That's my folmula. Please feel free to correct it or expand on it. You apparently feel it is incomplete. I am anxiously waiting for your corrections to my math.

• Haha
Reactions: 2012Bearcat
Mine was a flippant response to what I regarded as an unserious comment of yours. Here's my part of the mathematical equation: the Zionists of Israel truely believe they have a mandate from God, a promise made to their race some 4000 years ago that all of Palestine - from the river to the sea - would be theirs to rule. And because of the promise they believe they have godly authorization to commit any act of violence they deem necessary to bring the promise to fruition. Bibi Netanyahu and his thugish cohorts from the exterme right of Israeli politics recognized that as long as they could keep Hamas in power in Gaza there could never be a two state solution. They are adamantly opposed to a two state solution because it would bring an end to the Zionist ambition to rule it all. In the meantime they needed to find a way to keep the Palestinians in check until they could develop a plan to drive them into the desert or kill them, whichever would be easiest for Israel. And the plan included an apartheid state within a walled in and isolated area they could monitor. Oct 7 demolished that vision. So Plan B is to herd the Palestinians into a smaller and smaller area where they could destroy them in one fell swoop. They might get condemned by the world for what they did, but that would not matter since they were doing what God told them to do; they know the condemnation will eventually blow over, the USA has their back, and things will return to the way they have always dreamed it should be.

That's my folmula. Please feel free to correct it or expand on it. You apparently feel it is incomplete. I am anxiously waiting for your corrections to my math.

Can you hear yourself?

The dumb shit you keep repeating has as much validity as “Trump is a dictator.”

You’ve posted the exact same crap at least a hundred times.

I think we’ve exhausted your knowledge

Can you hear yourself?

The dumb shit you keep repeating has as much validity as “Trump is a dictator.”

You’ve posted the exact same crap at least a hundred times.

I think we’ve exhausted your knowledge
And yet you don’t seem to want to correct me. That or you’re incapable of correcting me because what you have is an MSM talking point understanding and are not willing to go any deeper, and get irritated when the neat little package the MSM handed you with a bow tie gets challenged and you have to question if what you’ve been told is true. I do not claim to know the whole truth, but I do know what the MSM is telling us is not it.

And yet you don’t seem to want to correct me. That or you’re incapable of correcting me because what you have is an MSM talking point understanding and are not willing to go any deeper, and get irritated when the neat little package the MSM handed you with a bow tie gets challenged and you have to question if what you’ve been told is true. I do not claim to know the whole truth, but I do know what the MSM is telling us is not it.

I’ve corrected you.

It never got through.

You never gave it a seconds thought.

You just keep droning.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Somebody please explain something to me. Some of you are convinced with utmost certainty that Muslims are so drenched in Jewish antisemitic hatred that all they want to do is kill Jews, the more the better. It’s in their blood, it’s what they’ve been indoctrinated with since birth, it’s what their heathen religion preaches. If that is true why didn’t the Palestinians kill all the Jews when they had the chance? Before the Zionist trickle became a downpour into Palestine there were Jews living there, a minority that could have easily been eradicated, socially the Palestinians ruled the roost. If it’s true the Arabs in Palestine hate every Jew in the world for being born Jewish, why didn’t they kill all the Jews in their midst? Things I have read and historians I have heard talk about it say they got along fairly well. The most popular music group in Palestine in the 1910-1920’s consisted of two Muslims and two Jews. How could that happen? Why were there any Jews already in Palestine if the main goal in every Palestinian Muslim’s life is to murder Jews?

I’ve corrected you.

It never got through.

You never gave it a seconds thought.

You just keep droning.
Be as stubborn as I am and keep correcting me. Because you’re right, I never noticed any of your substantive corrections. Now that I know about them I’ll be on alert to pay better attention.

Somebody please explain something to me. Some of you are convinced with utmost certainty that Muslims are so drenched in Jewish antisemitic hatred that all they want to do is kill Jews, the more the better. It’s in their blood, it’s what they’ve been indoctrinated with since birth, it’s what their heathen religion preaches. If that is true why didn’t the Palestinians kill all the Jews when they had the chance? Before the Zionist trickle became a downpour into Palestine there were Jews living there, a minority that could have easily been eradicated, socially the Palestinians ruled the roost. If it’s true the Arabs in Palestine hate every Jew in the world for being born Jewish, why didn’t they kill all the Jews in their midst? Things I have read and historians I have heard talk about it say they got along fairly well. The most popular music group in Palestine in the 1910-1920’s consisted of two Muslims and two Jews. How could that happen? Why were there any Jews already in Palestine if the main goal in every Palestinian Muslim’s life is to murder Jews?

You have a nice start on the Palastenin Mein Kamph.

Be as stubborn as I am and keep correcting me. Because you’re right, I never noticed any of your substantive corrections. Now that I know about them I’ll be on alert to pay better attention.

Well, you don’t pay attention to much that that doesn't come outta your own mouth.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT