ADVERTISEMENT

The End of the Beginning

Pokeabear

Heisman Candidate
Feb 6, 2007
Center-ring
Cohen testimony on Trump: 'He is a racist. He is a conman. He is a cheat.'
ANDREW DESIDERIO02/26/2019 11:40 PM EST
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/26/cohen-trump-racist-conman-cheat-1189951

In his prepared remarks, President Donald Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen will say Trump knew that his longtime associate Roger Stone “was talking with Julian Assange about a WikiLeaks drop of Democratic National Committee emails.” | Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s former lawyer and fixer, will provide documents to the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday that he says prove Trump’s “illicit” acts, according to prepared congressional testimony obtained by POLITICO.

The documents include a check that Trump purportedly wrote after he became president to reimburse Cohen for a hush-money payment to the adult-film actress Stormy Daniels, who alleges she had an affair with Trump. Cohen says the money came from Trump’s personal bank account.

Story Continued Below

Cohen, who pleaded guilty to crimes that included lying to Congress, will express remorse over his service to Trump, and will say he is no longer interested in protecting the president.

“I am ashamed that I chose to take part in concealing Mr. Trump’s illicit acts rather than listening to my own conscience,” Cohen will say. “I am ashamed because I know what Mr. Trump is.” Cohen adds: “He is a racist. He is a conman. He is a cheat.”

In his prepared remarks, Cohen will say Trump knew that his longtime associate Roger Stone “was talking with Julian Assange about a WikiLeaks drop of Democratic National Committee emails.”

In particular, Cohen will recount a July 2016 phone conversation he witnessed between Trump, who was then a presidential candidate, and Stone. According to Cohen, “Mr. Stone told Mr. Trump that he had just gotten off the phone with Julian Assange and that Mr. Assange told Mr. Stone that, within a couple of days, there would be a massive dump of emails that would damage Hillary Clinton’s campaign.”

Cohen will testify that Trump responded, “Wouldn’t that be great.” But he will stress that he does not have direct evidence that Trump or his campaign colluded with the Russians to tilt the 2016 election in his favor.

The former Trump attorney will also recount an anecdote suggesting that Trump had knowledge of the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting between top campaign officials and a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer offering dirt on Hillary Clinton.

In early June, Cohen recounts, he was with Trump in his office when Donald Trump Jr. — one of the meeting’s participants — “came into the room and walked behind his father’s desk,” which Cohen says was “unusual.”

“I recalled Don Jr. leaning over to his father and speaking in a low voice, which I could clearly hear, and saying: ‘The meeting is all set.’ I remember Mr. Trump saying, ‘Ok good … let me know,’” Cohen will say in his prepared testimony.

Trump has denied having prior knowledge of the meeting, which has been scrutinized by congressional investigators and special counsel Robert Mueller’s prosecutors.

Story Continued Below

Cohen will also tell the committee that he will provide “copies of letters I wrote at Mr. Trump’s direction that threatened his high school, colleges, and the College Board not to release his grades or SAT scores.”

So the guy closest to Trump and his personal fixer has zero direct evidence of any of his accusations? What did Trump do; stash Cohen in the closet so he could plan Russian backroom deals without his closest confidant? Is that the story we are selling now?

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
So the guy closest to Trump and his personal fixer has zero direct evidence of any of his accusations? What did Trump do; stash Cohen in the closet so he could plan Russian backroom deals without his closest confidant? Is that the story we are selling now?
o_O

2 behind closed door Russian interrogations, 1 open door Stormy Daniels. What charade.

Quote from the story above:

But he will stress that he does not have direct evidence that Trump or his campaign colluded with the Russians to tilt the 2016 election in his favor.

Does it not seem strange that Trump's closest advisor and fixer can't provide any more than hearsay and anecdotal evidence of a clearly, complex, multi-year collusion case that the Dems have been spouting about.

Didn’t even read the article. Just so weary of the same old shit. Over and over.

Me too. Amen.

I see so many posters and media in LaLa land on all this, it's crazy. What's the end result of Cohen's testimony? Another layer of proof of corruption. So? Maga wont care and they'll justify it. The media will go ape shit and the House will have 7 more investigations (which I support) and nothing material will happen. Rinse and repeat.

Me too. Amen.

I see so many posters and media in LaLa land on all this, it's crazy. What's the end result of Cohen's testimony? Another layer of proof of corruption. So? Maga wont care and they'll justify it. The media will go ape shit and the House will have 7 more investigations (which I support) and nothing material will happen. Rinse and repeat.
If nothing will happen, why do you support?

Me too. Amen.

Then they already won. In your reality.

Me too. Amen.

“Another layer of proof”

tenor.gif

So let’s get this straight...

One of Trump’s many lawyers (lawyers are often trash) is heading to jail for among other things - lying to Congress. And we are supposed to believe him now?

He was disbarred this week. Even though that casts even more doubt on his credibility, does this make it somehow less ugly that an attorney is being compelled to give public testimony against his client by the federal government?

There will be a lot of trying and failing this week contrasted against a president doing presidential things on the world stage.

Another layer of proof that the resistance is flaccid.

**edit
Forgot to mention he’s represented by Lanny Davis. That doesn’t seem sketchy AF at all.

Last edited:
Then they already won. In your reality.

They "won" in 2016. Yeah, I've gotten so cynical, just don't see much coming out of today. DOJ apparently wont indict Biff. GOP Senate won't convict him. If state law enforcement filed something against him it would not conclude until after the election. His base is going nowhere.

They "won" in 2016. Yeah, I've gotten so cynical, just don't see much coming out of today. DOJ apparently wont indict Biff. GOP Senate won't convict him. If state law enforcement filed something against him it would not conclude until after the election. His base is going nowhere.
:rolleyes: Ye of little faith.

Perhaps it’s because he didn’t commit a crime

looks like they released a lot of stuff to CNN prior to releasing it to the committee first as is what's supposed to happen. Cohen met with Schiff and another boggledorm prior to today and I'm sure they coached him through and through. This is such a gimmicky deal. those dems are just going to keep losing...

looks like they released a lot of stuff to CNN prior to releasing it to the committee first as is what's supposed to happen. Cohen met with Schiff and another boggledorm prior to today and I'm sure they coached him through and through. This is such a gimmicky deal. those dems are just going to keep losing...

Bad guy to hitch your wagon to - especially while Schiff is throwing Mueller overboard and Trump is denuking NK. The optics are hilarious.

Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Guys, I tried googling, but I think it's broken. It keeps saying he lied about Trump not being being involved in a Russian building project. That can't be what you guys are talking about. Lying to protect trump?

Guys, I tried googling, but I think it's broken. It keeps saying he lied about Trump not being being involved in a Russian building project. That can't be what you guys are talking about. Lying to protect trump?

My googlenets must be broke, too. I keep coming up with... lying about Biff in a Russian deal?

Or was it paying off the hookers?

Help me out, what did Trump's guy lie about guys?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT