ADVERTISEMENT

The Circus Show Continues...

tenor.gif
Fwiend!

Great. That should help shed some light on both individuals. Since BK has nothing to hide, this should all be over in a week and you and your clan should be thrilled.
dude...it's got nothing to do with cavanaugh...it's the process that is slimy as can be. It doesn't matter who is picked by trump this same old routine will happen again. However, the shit show that has gone on is now a freak show. The fbi investigation is going to reveal very little on the cavanaugh side and has a chance to show up the the fishy story by ford and her past character. She'll come out being a weirdo is what I'm thinking. Doesn't matter...it's the process that is below any line of slime. Of course, I'm sure there will be 50 things that need to happen after the fbi investigation to slow it further but after a week all they need is flake.

dude...it's got nothing to do with cavanaugh...it's the process that is slimy as can be. It doesn't matter who is picked by trump this same old routine will happen again. However, the shit show that has gone on is now a freak show. The fbi investigation is going to reveal very little on the cavanaugh side and has a chance to show up the the fishy story by ford and her past character. She'll come out being a weirdo is what I'm thinking. Doesn't matter...it's the process that is below any line of slime. Of course, I'm sure there will be 50 things that need to happen after the fbi investigation to slow it further but after a week all they need is flake.

125769_0.jpg

Obviously not true. If she was CIA her bullshit act wouldn't have been so transparently off key and fake. Victim of dry humping in 1982 but doesn't know where, what year or who took her home. That's not CIA level field craft but she did manage to forget literally anything useful.
Not how traumatic memory works.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Maybe the one that had to have the hearing delayed 4 days so she could drive across country since she was afraid of flying, but actually flew because she flies all over the world for work and pleasure.

Excellent point. This proves that BK did not sexually assault her in HS.

Excellent point. This proves that BK did not sexually assault her in HS.
Has she somehow proven that he did? Her story is the only one that has had inconsistencies and some rather hmmmm moments.

I wonder if Ford will let the FBI have access to her records from her therapist for this full and fair investigation. If not, can we actually call it a full and fair investigation? If she won't allow access, can we conclude she's hiding something?

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Not how traumatic memory works.

Friend - I hope I know better than you how traumatic memory works. If not, then you've experienced something worse than I have and that's truly unfortunate.

However...

I also know how bullshit works, and she's got a half dozen physical tells that give her away. It's not complicated unless you really want her to be legit. Then it's probably hard to see.

Friend - I hope I know better than you how traumatic memory works. If not, then you've experienced something worse than I have and that's truly unfortunate.

However...

I also know how bullshit works, and she's got a half dozen physical tells that give her away. It's not complicated unless you really want her to be legit. Then it's probably hard to see.
I’m convinced now. Thank you.

The FBI investigation will not be complete in a couple of days. Somehow Ford will not be immediately available for interviews and there will be other “witnesses” who come out of the the woodwork at last minute (I mean Dem dirty tactics).

Has she somehow proven that he did? Her story is the only one that has had inconsistencies and some rather hmmmm moments.

You don't think his testimony had any inconsistencies?

I think he tried to come off as a guy who didn't party hard in HS or college and has never drank so much that he doesn't remember some things that happened the night before. Do you honestly believe that?

I think he tried to come off as a guy who didn't party hard in HS or college and has never drank so much that he doesn't remember some things that happened the night before. Do you honestly believe that?
To paraphrase Hillary, what does it really matter?

So what he partied? He also made outstanding grades in HS and college. I haven’t heard that it was even alleged he was ever charged with any crimes. Sounds like he was a fun guy to be around who was extremely smart and took his school-work seriously. Oh, the horror.

To paraphrase Hillary, what does it really matter?

So what he partied? He also made outstanding grades in HS and college. I haven’t heard that it was even alleged he was ever charged with any crimes. Sounds like he was a fun guy to be around who was extremely smart and took his school-work seriously. Oh, the horror.

I don't care if he did party like a mf-er in his younger days. He can still be a fine SCOTUS. However, if getting blackout drunk wasn't uncommon, it is very possible that he did what Ford says he did, and he doesn't remember. Does that preclude him from a spot on the SC? Maybe, maybe not. But, it is a lifetime appointment, paying $250 k per year, with benefits that are pretty fantastic. Trump could probably appoint someone more qualified.

I don't care if he did party like a mf-er in his younger days. He can still be a fine SCOTUS. However, if getting blackout drunk wasn't uncommon, it is very possible that he did what Ford says he did, and he doesn't remember. Does that preclude him from a spot on the SC? Maybe, maybe not. But, it is a lifetime appointment, paying $250 k per year, with benefits that are pretty fantastic. Trump could probably appoint someone more qualified.
Did everyone she claims was there get blackout drunk too? None of them recall it, including her friend. Did she get blackout drunk? Why was a 15 year old at a party with alcohol? Did she really only drink one beer? Why has her story about the people there been inconsistent?

Reactions: okcpokefan12

He seemed pretty straightforward to me.

Why doesn't she know who paid for her polygraph? Do you think she actually doesn't know? She can't claim 35 years and trauma for that. Why didn't she know if it qas being recorded? They would have had to have her consent to record it. Why was her polygraph only two questions with no recorded baseline?

I watched both yesterday. They both appear to truly believe they are telling the truth. Do you agree?

If yes, then the next step is to look at history of Kavanaugh. Almost everything we know about him places him as one of the sharpest judicial minds of his time and an impeccable gentleman. Nothing remotely corroborates the actions told in very small detail by Ford. In fact, everyone Ford mentioned to a person said they don’t know about the alleged incident.
Ford also took 36 years to publically talk about this. And in her own words didn’t talk to anyone about it for over 30 years when she was talking to a therapist. I think it if fair to say most people visit a therapist when something is wrong. To have a memory come back 30+ years later, I think we all can agree, doesn’t necessarily mean all memories are clear. And a little unusual for the memory to pop up to someone who is very anti-Trump.
Weighing all that I have seen, I don’t understand how anyone can say Kavanaugh should be harmed with a vote no based on yesterday’s hearings.

Did everyone she claims was there get blackout drunk too? None of them recall it, including her friend. Did she get blackout drunk? Why was a 15 year old at a party with alcohol? Did she really only drink one beer? Why has her story about the people there been inconsistent?

Come on. You are smarter than this.

Based on her story, she went upstairs to find a bathroom. BK and MJ followed her. Three other people stayed downstairs. Something extremely traumatic happened to her. She, then fled the house without talking to the people who were downstairs.

Why would the 3 people, who were not involved, remember anything about that afternoon/evening? Surely, you went to parties in HS, where nothing out of the ordinary happened, that you have no memory of.

That leaves BK and MJ. Both of whom have reason to lie about the events and both of whom might have been too drunk to remember.

The 4 people who have signed affidavits, only claimed that they don't remember anything about her story. They didn't claim that they are certain it never happened. There is a difference.

There are 3 possibilities, IMO.

1). It happened and BK doesn't remember or is lying.

2). It happened but Ford has named the wrong guy.

3). Ford is some kind of liberal operative who made it up (or is acting).

I'm pretty sure it is not #3.

I watched both yesterday. They both appear to truly believe they are telling the truth. Do you agree?

I think she clearly does. I think he was convincing. But, he would have more motive to lie. I think it is completely possible that both were telling the truth (because he doesn't remember it happening).

He seemed pretty straightforward to me.

Why doesn't she know who paid for her polygraph? Do you think she actually doesn't know? She can't claim 35 years and trauma for that. Why didn't she know if it qas being recorded? They would have had to have her consent to record it. Why was her polygraph only two questions with no recorded baseline?

Do we know for sure that your last sentence is accurate? If it was mentioned in yesterday's hearing, I missed it. If it wasn't, then I don't know why the GOP would not have pointed it out.

Do you think her polygraph didn't happen or that it was faked?

I think her lawyers told her they were going to give her a polygraph and someone showed up and did it. I don't think it is all that crazy that she didn't know for sure who was paying for it. In her situation, I would assume that her lawyers were paying for it or would bill her for it later. I assume that she has been told not to worry about legal fees by the Dems.

Come on. You are smarter than this.

Based on her story, she went upstairs to find a bathroom. BK and MJ followed her. Three other people stayed downstairs. Something extremely traumatic happened to her. She, then fled the house without talking to the people who were downstairs.

Why would the 3 people, who were not involved, remember anything about that afternoon/evening? Surely, you went to parties in HS, where nothing out of the ordinary happened, that you have no memory of.

That leaves BK and MJ. Both of whom have reason to lie about the events and both of whom might have been too drunk to remember.

The 4 people who have signed affidavits, only claimed that they don't remember anything about her story. They didn't claim that they are certain it never happened. There is a difference.

There are 3 possibilities, IMO.

I'm pretty sure it is not #3.
don't you think her friends would have asked her the next day where she went? How she got home? It would have been a big story the next day. And of course, her account of the story...is that what really happened. It's so full of holes that nothing can be collectively accumulated from it. Please quit trying to prove anything because it can't be done. I'm betting her credibility takes a bigger hit than cavanaugh unless cavanaugh turns out to be some big time highschool drunk which would have already surfaced from all the former hs friends. reputations are remembered.

Based on her "story." What if she's omitting a bunch from her story?

Or maybe the party she alleges happened didn't happen.

Maybe, but only assuming that it involved them. What if it didn't? Maybe she was too drunk to remember exactly who it was.

:rolleyes:

That's a possibility but so far there's nothing to corroborate either.

Possible. Somebody came forward but that has been summarily rejected as an option because that doesn't keep Kavanaugh from being voted on.

Liberal operative? Not sure why you added that, but I guess that's possible. Maybe she's just bat shit crazy.

Not gonna touch my post about her therapist records?

I think she clearly does. I think he was convincing. But, he would have more motive to lie. I think it is completely possible that both were telling the truth (because he doesn't remember it happening).
Would you also agree that it is possible she is telling her truth but does not remember accurately.

Do we know for sure that your last sentence is accurate?
Yes. The Committee received a copy of it and it was well discussed.

Do you think her polygraph didn't happen or that it was faked?
It obviously happened. Whether or not it was administered appropriately would be the question. Without seeing the details, I have no idea.

I think her lawyers told her they were going to give her a polygraph and someone showed up and did it. I don't think it is all that crazy that she didn't know for sure who was paying for it. In her situation, I would assume that her lawyers were paying for it or would bill her for it later. I assume that she has been told not to worry about legal fees by the Dems.
Yeah, not buying that at all and I know you're smarter than that.

If Dems have been telling her not to worry about legal fees, then she should have acknowledged that. If it was her attorneys, she should have acknowledged that. Ifvshe paid for it or there was no charge, sane story.

She didn't get where she is today by being an idiot. Playing one yesterday wasn't good for her credibility IMHO.

don't you think her friends would have asked her the next day where she went? How she got home? It would have been a big story the next day. And of course, her account of the story...is that what really happened.

Per her testimony, she only had 1 "friend" there. Leland. The 4 boys were not her friends. She didn't know the names of the 2 who stayed downstairs. The 4 boys did not go to the same school as her, so it isn't like everyone at school would be talking about it the next day. Leland said she doesn't remember anything about it. I agree that seems strange. She was left behind in a house with 4 boys, and her friend disappeared.

But, if she was lying, why would she include Leland in her story? Why not say she was the only girl there?

I'm betting her credibility takes a bigger hit than cavanaugh unless cavanaugh turns out to be some big time highschool drunk which would have already surfaced from all the former hs friends. reputations are remembered.

You may very well be right about her credibility. He already has friends coming out and saying he was a bigtime drinker in HS and college. Of course, they may be less than honest. We shall see.

Reactions: Medic007

He would have more motive to lie? He just wants a promotion, she is trying to keep abortion legal for tens of millions of women. The fate of women’s bodies being their own bodies and not controlled by white men is resting on her shoulders. In your liberal religion she is a martyr.

I wonder if Ford will let the FBI have access to her records from her therapist for this full and fair investigation. If not, can we actually call it a full and fair investigation? If she won't allow access, can we conclude she's hiding something?

Don't know. Hope so.
I would think that her therapist records would be key.
If she won't allow access, it sure points toward her not being forthright yesterday.

Reactions: Medic007
Per her testimony, she only had 1 "friend" there. Leland. The 4 boys were not her friends. She didn't know the names of the 2 who stayed downstairs. The 4 boys did not go to the same school as her, so it isn't like everyone at school would be talking about it the next day. Leland said she doesn't remember anything about it. I agree that seems strange. She was left behind in a house with 4 boys, and her friend disappeared.
Bingo. If you just realized that, yay. If you've had that up your sleeve all along, I'm going to retract 3 likes as punishment for wasting my bandwidth.

Don't know. Hope so.
I would think that her therapist records would be key.
If she won't allow access, it sure points toward her not being forthright yesterday.
They refused the Committee's request for her records. Hopefully they'll give them to the FBI if asked.

He would have more motive to lie? He just wants a promotion

No.

If he doesn't ascend to the SC, he is going to take a significant financial hit. No raise. No SCOTUS level benefits. No being asked to teach/lecture on college campuses in the future. No lifetime appointment.

Bingo. If you just realized that, yay. If you've had that up your sleeve all along, I'm going to retract 3 likes as punishment for wasting my bandwidth.

I pointed it out in yesterday's thread.

That is the biggest question mark in her story, for me.

I pointed it out in yesterday's thread.

That is the biggest question mark in her story, for me.
I missed that. That's the biggest issue for me as well. Two girls that are friends and 4 boys. One girl and two boys leave the room. Only two boys come back. Unless Leland was too drunk to remember anything which hasn't been alleged by Ford, Leland is going to wonder WTF her friend went and most likely would remember that.

Even though I was completely shitfaced at a party, I distinctly remember a friend of mine disappearing into the woods at Lake Keystone. It took us a few hours to find him. He passed out while trying to piss. Big buzz kill for the rest of us.

I/DBros vote no access.

I missed that. That's the biggest issue for me as well. Two girls that are friends and 4 boys. One girl and two boys leave the room. Only two boys come back. Unless Leland was too drunk to remember anything which hasn't been alleged by Ford, Leland is going to wonder WTF her friend went and most likely would remember that.

Even though I was completely shitfaced at a party, I distinctly remember a friend of mine disappearing into the woods at Lake Keystone. It took us a few hours to find him. He passed out while trying to piss. Big buzz kill for the rest of us.

Agree.

There are other explanations though. Dr Ford said she only clearly remembers 6 people being present (herself and 5 others). She has said there may have been others. In which case, it might not have been as crazy for Leland to have been left there all alone with 4 boys (since there were other girls there.

Also, Leland apparently has significant health issues. It may be that she is not fully lucid at this time.

It will be interesting to see if the FBI can get anything useful out of her. Questions like, "Did you know BK and MJ in HS?" and "Do you ever remember being at a house with them when underage drinking was going on?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT