ADVERTISEMENT

The American Bar Association

It won't. And it won't change their rhetoric regarding the allegations. That's my point. Put it to an up/down vote. He gets confirmed or he doesn't. Requests for more "investigation" is just more stall tactic. The Dems put their entire hand on the table before this ever started.

Kinda sounds like Democrat talking points. Sorry. If he committed perjury he should be charged with perjury. Has he been charged?

Well that gives me a good chuckle. Why do you think Presidents nominate judges that share their political ideology? You think those choices are coincidental?
1. It’s for the few dems and Republicans whose minds aren’t made up like Manchin, Flake. Murkowski, Collins.

2. Patience

3. Merrick Garland

1. It’s for the few dems and Republicans whose minds aren’t made up like Manchin, Flake. Murkowski, Collins.

2. Patience

3. Merrick Garland
1. Maybe.

2. OK. I'll be anxiously awaiting him to be charged with perjury. Still sounds like a talking point so I will not be holding my breath.

3. You think Garland is without any political ideology? He's definitely not an RBG or a Thomas, but he would have brought a left lean to the SC. His decisions have favored unions and regulatory agencies.

1. Maybe.

2. OK. I'll be anxiously awaiting him to be charged with perjury. Still sounds like a talking point so I will not be holding my breath.

3. You think Garland is without any political ideology? He's definitely not an RBG or a Thomas, but he would have brought a left lean to the SC. His decisions have favored unions and regulatory agencies.
Garland and Kavenaugh vote together 90% of the time.

Reactions: my_2cents
Since there is no statute of limitations, why wouldn’t you wait for the FBI to do their job and then take the information gathered and decide if you want to proceed to a criminal referral to the local prosecutors in Maryland?

Probably because they want to get this done before the election. What would you refer to a local prosecutor?

Dude messed up when he didn't come out and say "I am so sorry this happened to Dr. Ford. I drank beer and did crazy things in high school. I think a good percentage of the population did. I have no recollection of this event in any way, shape, form or fashion. But, she is due an apology. I am sorry this happened. It should never happen to any person anytime".

Last edited:
Reactions: Been Jammin
Both nominees served together on the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia. Judge Garland’s nomination expired when Mr. Trump took office and nominated Justice Neil M. Gorsuch instead for the seat of the late Justice Antonin Scalia.

According to Mr. Cruz, Judge Garland joined 27 out of 28 opinions written by Judge Kavanaugh, while Judge Kavanaugh joined 28 out of 30 of Judge Garland’s rulings.

Judge Kavanaugh said their decisions aligned because both of them approach the law as written without interjecting personal preferences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Been Jammin
It doesn't, but I asked first. Respect your elders sonny boy.
Both nominees served together on the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia. Judge Garland’s nomination expired when Mr. Trump took office and nominated Justice Neil M. Gorsuch instead for the seat of the late Justice Antonin Scalia.

According to Mr. Cruz, Judge Garland joined 27 out of 28 opinions written by Judge Kavanaugh, while Judge Kavanaugh joined 28 out of 30 of Judge Garland’s rulings.

Judge Kavanaugh said their decisions aligned because both of them approach the law as written without interjecting personal preferences.

Source? Again, I'm not refuting your stated 90% stat. Too disinterested to check it for accuracy. But 10% differing opinions may be miles apart when it comes to certain issues, as the 90% could only be the mundane daily judge work.

If you don't wanna take the time to provide info on the 10%, no biggie. Nothing I'll mock you over. Not everyone has the time to be my 24/7 google searching assistant. But it is interesting that with so much in "common," Garland would be a Dem yes while Kavanaugh is a solid no.

Reactions: JimmyBob
Source? Again, I'm not refuting your stated 90% stat. Too disinterested to check it for accuracy. But 10% differing opinions may be miles apart when it comes to certain issues, as the 90% could only be the mundane daily judge work.

If you don't wanna take the time to provide info on the 10%, no biggie. Nothing I'll mock you over. Not everyone has the time to be my 24/7 google searching assistant. But it is interesting that with so much in "common," Garland would be a Dem yes while Kavanaugh is a solid no.
My bad I normally drop a link. https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/5/kavanaugh-garland-voted-together-93-pct-time/

Odds that he gets back with you Pokeabear?
giphy-downsized.gif

Reactions: my_2cents
Bullshit! Her so-called corroborators deny her story; he owes the bitch nothing! BTW - next time try "due".
My apologies on an iPad in a hurry. Fixed it - due. I'm more of a math and science guy. As long as someone can get the drift of the written word I don't worry much about how it is written on a message board.

It doesn't matter you just do it. Take the higher road. It was the only chance to win early.

How many of you all hear Garth Brooks in your head when you see the title of this thread?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...t-due-to-nature-of-judge-kavanaughs-testimony

2 former Yale classmates withdraw support due to 'nature of Judge Kavanaugh's testimony'

by Katelyn Caralle
| October 02, 2018 05:56 PM

Two former Yale classmates of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who previously wrote in support of his denial, withdrew their support on Tuesday.

In a letter to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and ranking Democrat Dianne Feinstein, of California, the two rescinded their support for Kavanaugh’s confirmation due to the “nature of Judge Kavanaugh’s testimony.”

Mark Osler and Michael Proctor said the letter, which was signed by 23 of Kavanaugh’s Yale classmates, relied a lot on his “exemplary judicial temperament,” which they feel was not exhibited through his testimony Friday.

“[H]aving watched those hearings, it gives us no pleasure to advise you that we must withdraw our support for the letter and Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmations,” Osler and Proctor said in their letter. “In our view that testimony was partisan, and not judicious, and inconsistent with what we expect from a Justice of the Supreme Court.”

The two said that their withdraw of support does not reflect whether they Christine Blasey Ford’s sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT