ADVERTISEMENT

Sprinkler repair?

Adman513

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Yukon
Does anybody have any recommendations for someone to take a look to see if our underground sprinklers are leaking? There seems to be an overflooding issue on parts of our lawn, but I'm not sure if it's just collecting in the lower areas or if it's an actual leak.

Anybody have any experience with a repairman? Any ideas on cost? If anyone can recommend someone in the Yukon/west OKC area, that'd be just swell, Clark.

Does anybody have any recommendations for someone to take a look to see if our underground sprinklers are leaking? There seems to be an overflooding issue on parts of our lawn, but I'm not sure if it's just collecting in the lower areas or if it's an actual leak.

Anybody have any experience with a repairman? Any ideas on cost? If anyone can recommend someone in the Yukon/west OKC area, that'd be just swell, Clark.
Just tackled a leak in our system here in Denver over Labor Day weekend. Someone years ago had cut 1/3 of the way through the main line in our backyard, and apparently tried to seal it with pieces of rubber bath mat and some pipe clamps. After $10 in parts from Home Depot plus several hours of hard labor the leak seems to have stopped, or at least slowed down enough that I won't have to think about it again for several more years.

If you want to take a stab at repairing it yourself, I would suggest turning your sprinklers on and watching carefully to see where water seems to be pooling. Do you think the leak is underground there, or maybe somewhere uphill? Next, have gas/cable/internet/phone lines marked in your yard before you dig. Then, carefully dig where you think the potential leak may be. Be very careful here, as you don't want to add another cut through the line.

If you decide to do it yourself and make it to that point, let me know what you find. I'm by no means a handyman (accountant by trade), but I was able to locate and repair the leak in our line with no prior knowledge.

Good luck!

Aussie Irrigation in OKC, call 755-4466 and ask for Tony.

I can vouch for this. Chuck gave me the same recommendation a while back. Tony has been out a couple times for me and done a good job. Price also seems reasonable.

I think his prices are pretty reasonable also. I had to have a new solenoid I think several years ago and thought the price would be high but the total repair price was very reasonable and he does it right the 1st time.

I use Grooms for all my stuff. They do a good job and the price is fair.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. Appreciate the various suggestions/options!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT