ADVERTISEMENT

OU Wrestling synopsis

Well, I was wrong a bunch.

125 - Prata was correct
133 - Forgot about Wyatt Henson. Glad he’s beating out a three year starter. That bodes well for OU
141 - Mosha looks like an upgrade over Butler from last year. But man, I hate to see Will McDougal out of the lineup. I wish he could get down to 141.
149 - Was right with Mitch Moore.
157 - Why in the heck do we have a 141 pounder from last year here, and why can’t the #1 152 pounder coming out of HS not beat him?
165 - Glad to see Gerrit Nijenhuis. I think he’s a good edition.
174 - I think Darrien Roberts will be better than he showed against Plott. I’m hoping he was gassed early in the second period just because of nerves.
184 - Penner needs to step it up.
197 - The Surber match notwithstanding, I like Keegan here. And if we can use Buchanan in the second half of the season and pull Moore down to 184, that’s be really good.
HWT - Heindselman looks like he’s thinned down. That should help him in the later rounds.
They suck dong.

Tate Picklo dropped to 174 last weekend and won the Kauffman Open. This weekend Keegan Moore dropped to 184. Maybe we see Buchanan now.

Raise your hand if you had Picklo wrestling a lower weight than Wittlake.

Wonder why Buchanan hasn't wrestled yet. I figured he'd be in there after the first of the year.

Wonder why Buchanan hasn't wrestled yet. I figured he'd be in there after the first of the year.
During the Wyoming dual, J Carl said people expected Buchanan to be out the whole year, but that may not be the case. Pure speculation, but I took that as a possible injury.

Sooners beat by Turtles. Does this make sense? What does Micco have to say about this development?

Oh i didn't hear that. You're probably right, if everybody is dropping I would imagine he's coming back

Oh i didn't hear that. You're probably right, if everybody is dropping I would imagine he's coming back
Technically, they could also bring back Jake Woodley for his final year of eligibility. He entered the transfer portal last month. Don't know how likely that is though.

What is up with all the mid season transfers. Why are kids choosing to leave in the middle instead of in the fall semester before the season gets going? Or are they doing that too but the mid season stuff gets talked about more.
Sooners beat by Turtles. Does this make sense? What does Micco have to say about this development?
WHOOOOO GET ‘EM

Jake Woodley would look good in orange. Time to change our minds about loyalty as fans also, I guess. Give me the best available.

Yeah, getting beat by the #23 ranked team isn’t a good look.

But I think there’s still some tinkering in our lineup. Especially in the upper weights.

157 - Jacob Butler started here, but got replaced for Jared Hill for I believe three of the four matches.

174 - #19 ranked Darrien Roberts who has started a whole lot of matches for OU is probably through as Tate Picklo pulled down here. That’s a huge surprise, and a huge blessing, as it opens up the door for…

184 - Keegan Moore to pull down here. Dude’s already strong for a 197 pounder. And he’s got skills. I like him here. Especially with…

197 - 2x All American Steven Buchanan being able to wrestle here. Seth Seago is probably a good guy, but he’s not the answer at 197 for OU. He was pinned against Maryland, probably the bonus points needed for Maryland to beat OU. If Buchanan DOES start here (had his first day at OU today), obviously that’s huge.

I’m not saying I’m happy with losing to Maryland. But it’s early January and we’re still settling some weights. I can see a scenario where we’re much better than we were the first half of the year.

Talk to me in March. We’ll see where we are then.

Reactions: tim73034
Yeah, getting beat by the #23 ranked team isn’t a good look.

But I think there’s still some tinkering in our lineup. Especially in the upper weights.

157 - Jacob Butler started here, but got replaced for Jared Hill for I believe three of the four matches.

174 - #19 ranked Darrien Roberts who has started a whole lot of matches for OU is probably through as Tate Picklo pulled down here. That’s a huge surprise, and a huge blessing, as it opens up the door for…

184 - Keegan Moore to pull down here. Dude’s already strong for a 197 pounder. And he’s got skills. I like him here. Especially with…

197 - 2x All American Steven Buchanan being able to wrestle here. Seth Seago is probably a good guy, but he’s not the answer at 197 for OU. He was pinned against Maryland, probably the bonus points needed for Maryland to beat OU. If Buchanan DOES start here (had his first day at OU today), obviously that’s huge.

I’m not saying I’m happy with losing to Maryland. But it’s early January and we’re still settling some weights. I can see a scenario where we’re much better than we were the first half of the year.

Talk to me in March. We’ll see where we are then.
I don't think we see Buchanan this year sounding like he will use his Redshirt. Picklo dropped and Moore dropped down to weights they feel more comfortable at after Penner was injured

If we don’t have someone better in the room at 197, that’s gonna hurt not having Buchanan. Like I said, he’s probably a good guy but he needs to improve.

ADVERTISEMENT