ADVERTISEMENT

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Walt Disney and Lucasfilm’s Solo: A Star Wars Story performed at near-worst-case scenario levels this Memorial Day weekend. The film opened with a soft-ish $35.6 million on Friday, including $14m in Thursday previews, before comparatively cratering over the holiday for an $83.3m Fri-Sun and projected $101m Fri-Mon frame. That’s a weak 2.83x four-day weekend multiplier, on par with Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (2.73x in 2007) and X-Men: The Last Stand (2.71x in 2006). That wouldn’t be a problem if the overall numbers were bigger, as X-Men 3 and Pirates 3 both set Memorial Day records. Solo did not set any (positive) records.

Wife and I took our 9-year-old. He's seen all the Star Wars franchise, but this was his first time to see a new Star Wars film in the theater. He loved it. He even said something like, "they need to do a Solo 2."

The wife and I liked it too. It's just a fun action movie... like others said, nothing earth shattering, but fun.

I liked it. I think it’ll do fine over time but it suffered from too much bad press during production IMO.

perfectly serviceable origin stories of nothing else.

Spoiler for those who havent seen the movie.....

I was suprised to see Darth Maul at the end. But I have never watched any of the animated clone series so I guess it wasn’t a revelation.

Spoiler for those who havent seen the movie.....

I was suprised to see Darth Maul at the end. But I have never watched any of the animated clone series so I guess it wasn’t a revelation.

Timeline seems weird. He was killed in episode 1 where Vader was 7 years old but Solo appears to be no more than 10-12 years before episode 4.

I believe he wasn’t actually killed or came back or something like that. His legs looked robotic. There’s something in one of the animated series about it I think

Reactions: MegaPoke
Timeline seems weird. He was killed in episode 1 where Vader was 7 years old but Solo appears to be no more than 10-12 years before episode 4.

He didn’t die. He was in The Clone Wars and Rebels cartoons.

Stupid that he didn’t die, but they used the character really well in the cartoons, so I’m torn between whether or not it bothers me that they brought him back.

He didn’t die. He was in The Clone Wars and Rebels cartoons.

Stupid that he didn’t die, but they used the character really well in the cartoons, so I’m torn between whether or not it bothers me that they brought him back.
I didn't like that they brought him back, but really enjoyed him after they did, so I am ok with it now. I think if they had not used him so well after he came back I still would be against it.

Reactions: TheRedSon
I read where it is officially a box office flop Of mega Disney proportions easily falling into last place of all SW flicks and possibly losing $150 million.

I loved it.

This is the first Star Wars film that had me grinning ear to ear like a little kid since the 1980s.

Best Star Wars film since the 80s.
Obviously, I’m no film critic, but I don’t get all the negativity sounding it. I really liked it.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT