ADVERTISEMENT

Solo: A Star Wars Story

tlwwake

Oct 29, 2008

punch-it-donald-glover-officially-cast-as-young-lando-calrissian-in-han-solo-movie.jpg

Last edited:
The start of filming has been moved back to March.

I can't see this being as successful as Rogue One.....RO had a clean slate in terms of characters, Han Solo is an icon and so ingrained and associated with Harrison Ford it will be difficult to pull off imo. But they will still get my money.

Reactions: davidallen
I can't see this being as successful as Rogue One.....RO had a clean slate in terms of characters, Han Solo is an icon and so ingrained and associated with Harrison Ford it will be difficult to pull off imo. But they will still get my money.
I agree, there are so many people that just want it to die in production already, it going to be hard to get close to Rogue One's success.

They have good stories to tell...

Who was Han Solo?

What is Corellia like?

What was it like for him when the Empire was born (he'd have been around 10)?

How did he win the Falcon from Lando?

Why does Chewie owe him a life debt?

Of course we know some of the answers already, but not how it happened.

Giving us a different actor will be the hard part I think. Han Solo won't be the first iconic character played by a second actor though.

I agree, there are so many people that just want it to die in production already, it going to be hard to get close to Rogue One's success.
72074-I-find-your-lack-of-faith-dist-ExMy.gif

Sounds like they will announce the title of the film at D23 in July and may have some footage.

Phil Lord and Christopher Miller have left the production of the Han Solo movie close to completion of principal photography.

“Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are talented filmmakers who have assembled an incredible cast and crew, but it’s become clear that we had different creative visions on this film, and we’ve decided to part ways. A new director will be announced soon,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm.

“Unfortunately, our vision and process weren’t aligned with our partners on this project. We normally aren’t fans of the phrase ‘creative differences’ but for once this cliché is true. We are really proud of the amazing and world-class work of our cast and crew,” stated Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.

The untitled Han Solo film remains scheduled for a May 2018 release.

http://www.starwars.com/news/a-message-from-lucasfilm-regarding-the-untitled-han-solo-film

They have less than a year to release and have nearly finished principal photography and they canned the two creative leaders for the production.

How on earth are they going to get this film done on schedule without it being a complete train wreck?

If they fired them for creative differences then that strongly suggests that the studio was very unhappy with the filming to date and much will have to be reshot, correct?

They have less than a year to release and have nearly finished principal photography and they canned the two creative leaders for the production.

How on earth are they going to get this film done on schedule without it being a complete train wreck?

If they fired them for creative differences then that strongly suggests that the studio was very unhappy with the filming to date and much will have to be reshot, correct?
From what I understand they were trying to make it almost a comedy and the writers/Lucasfilm didn't want that. There are also some rumors that this actually happened awhile ago and they already know who is taking/took over.

From what I understand they were trying to make it almost a comedy and the writers/Lucasfilm didn't want that. There are also some rumors that this actually happened awhile ago and they already know who is taking/took over.
Aren't these the same directors that dropped out of the Flash solo?

Potentially positive move if Rogue One is any indicator of Lucasfilm's intentions for tone of these nonlinear movies. If it was heading in a comedy direction I think it would be a less effective stand alone movie instead of a slapstick nostalgia hook origin story.

Regardless it's not like they brought in a scrub to sell ewok dolls and lump it across the finish line. Hopefully.

Disney needs to be more diligent about the directors they hire. I'm worried about VIII and IX as well.

Potentially positive move if Rogue One is any indicator of Lucasfilm's intentions for tone of these nonlinear movies. If it was heading in a comedy direction I think it would be a less effective stand alone movie instead of a slapstick nostalgia hook origin story.

Regardless it's not like they brought in a scrub to sell ewok dolls and lump it across the finish line. Hopefully.
Great point Mega. From what I understand they were concerned about the tone and the direction that it was going. They identified an issue and hopefully corrected.

I am looking forward to this film, especially after loving Rogue One, but honestly, the Han Solo story is one that I don't necessarily need. I love Han Solo but I kind of like that his past is somewhat of a mystery. Rogue One was different because the stealing of the plans was such an important and intriguing part of the Star Wars story that I grew up with, so I was always curious about how it happened. The early years of characters we know and love isn't that big of a draw for me.

Great point Mega. From what I understand they were concerned about the tone and the direction that it was going. They identified an issue and hopefully corrected.

I am looking forward to this film, especially after loving Rogue One, but honestly, the Han Solo story is one that I don't necessarily need. I love Han Solo but I kind of like that his past is somewhat of a mystery. Rogue One was different because the stealing of the plans was such an important and intriguing part of the Star Wars story that I grew up with, so I was always curious about how it happened. The early years of characters we know and love isn't that big of a draw for me.
I think this is the feeling of a lot of fans.

I was convinced that you were a buddy of mine that used to be on this board. I thought he had made a new name and was just having fun not telling me he was back on. You two have a lot of similarity and I even grilled him about a month ago when I was down there. This post though has finally convinced me that you are not him. I asked him a Star Wars question the other day and he has never seen any of the movies and had no clue what I was even talking about. I am so happy to finally solve this mystery.

I was convinced that you were a buddy of mine that used to be on this board. I thought he had made a new name and was just having fun not telling me he was back on. You two have a lot of similarity and I even grilled him about a month ago when I was down there. This post though has finally convinced me that you are not him. I asked him a Star Wars question the other day and he has never seen any of the movies and had no clue what I was even talking about. I am so happy to finally solve this mystery.
Sounds like a pretty bad ass guy except for the part about being a fagit that has never seen star wars.

Howard has typically done pretty good with Biography or true to life recreations with his other stuff being ho-hum. This worries me somewhat.

Howard has typically done pretty good with Biography or true to life recreations with his other stuff being ho-hum. This worries me somewhat.
hadn't thought about that, but you're right. maybe it will be his breakout movie. Surely he can translate that success in to something like this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT