ADVERTISEMENT

Snyder

april racer

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2011
Kyle Snyder just won worlds!! What an amazing accomplishment. He is 19 yo and just completed his freshman year at Ohio state. Congratulations!!!!!

Youngest world champ in US history. Incredible talent.

I don't know much about his past, so take it easy on me when I ask. Did we recruit him much when he was in high school? Seems like he has already spent a year in red shirt or at Olympic Training Center.

I don't know much about his past, so take it easy on me when I ask. Did we recruit him much when he was in high school? Seems like he has already spent a year in red shirt or at Olympic Training Center.
I'm not sure about recruitment, I assume everyone made a run at him. He skipped his senior year in HS to train at the OTC. He then competed his true freshman year and is currently using his olympic red shirt.

I'm not sure about recruitment, I assume everyone made a run at him. He skipped his senior year in HS to train at the OTC. He then competed his true freshman year and is currently using his olympic red shirt.

Thank you for clarifying about him skipping his senior year. I knew he had spent a year there, and I just didn't know how it all worked out. It's hard to imagine very many people being able to keep up with him when he comes back to college.

Thank you for clarifying about him skipping his senior year. I knew he had spent a year there, and I just didn't know how it all worked out. It's hard to imagine very many people being able to keep up with him when he comes back to college.
I agree that he will be strong when and if he comes back to college and what is more amazing about his world title is that he is probably only 19. Many of the wrestlers in his weight bracket looked to be men in to their late 20's and in some cases their 30's. It is ironic that he came in second in college as a freshman but won a world title the same year.

Last edited:
Kyle Snyder attended private school in MD (Good Council) where he was undefeated including winning 3 National Prep titles prior to opting for the OTC his senior year.

If he returns to wrestle in college I wonder what weight he goes. After spending 2 years to get your body to where 213 is your optimal weight I would think the cut to 197 might be difficult. Plus after the Olympics is he going to continue to try to make world teams, if so going back and forth between the weights seems tough.

Wrestling 197 may have given him the quickness to have an edge at 213. Is that a possibility. It is hard to believe that he was the strongest guy out there at 213.

Wrestling 197 may have given him the quickness to have an edge at 213. Is that a possibility. It is hard to believe that he was the strongest guy out there at 213.
Watching the way he moved and snapped opponents while them not being abe to do the same to him makes me think he was one of the stronger guys last week.
The cut to 197 and maintaining it may actually sap both his strength and quickness.

Watching the way he moved and snapped opponents while them not being abe to do the same to him makes me think he was one of the stronger guys last week.
The cut to 197 and maintaining it may actually sap both his strength and quickness.
As always, good point - papa bear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT