ADVERTISEMENT

Session VI Results

For the first time in what feels like forever Penn State will enter the year without a guaranteed national champion. They last 3 or so years they have had 2 or 3 guys who were almost guaranteed to bonus their way through nationals.

Penn State will still be awesome and have guys capable of winning it all (especially if Cassar is back) but it should be their most vulnerable team in a while. The problem is I think both OSUs lose to much. Iowa should be a real threat though. That is not even taking into account if PSU has anyone Olympic Redshirt.

Olympic RS's will be a major factor.

After reading the Iowa Hawkeye reaction to the Fix match, I hope Lee takes his ORS and then transfers!

I'm ready for PSU to be somewhere else in the team race, but Wrestling doesn't need Iowa to be any good.

Yeah they'll be tough to beat. They'll have pretty much everyone back except Stoll but Anthony Cassioppi looks really good. Plus they'll have Kemerer. Although I wonder if Desanto will redshirt?
Renteria would fill that weight quite nicely. They’ll have 10 quality guys but the weakness is that they may only have 3 sure fire semi finalists. That may leave the door open for a team with more firepower.

Reactions: osu2082
After reading the Iowa Hawkeye reaction to the Fix match, I hope Lee takes his ORS and then transfers!

I'm ready for PSU to be somewhere else in the team race, but Wrestling doesn't need Iowa to be any good.
What was their reaction? Didn’t see

Renteria would fill that weight quite nicely. They’ll have 10 quality guys but the weakness is that they may only have 3 sure fire semi finalists. That may leave the door open for a team with more firepower.

No doubt they reload with talent. But with two wrestlers graduating, they lose 53 points. The playing field should be as level as its been in 4 years.

I'm afraid Iowa is the team to beat next year, depending on ORSs, then 2021 could be a free-for-all and can't miss Wrestling.

No doubt they reload with talent. But with two wrestlers graduating, they lose 53 points. The playing field should be as level as its been in 4 years.

I'm afraid Iowa is the team to beat next year, depending on ORSs, then 2021 could be a free-for-all and can't miss Wrestling.
I was referring to Iowa but you are correct that the same can be said of PSU next year.

Just a bunch of trash and Fix bashing. Their hate for all things better than Iowa is disgusting. They really can't be objective, even when they aren't involved.

Haven't read that board in a while, but I know Daton isn't very popular over there. I think they view him as a major threat to Spencer Lee winning national & World titles. And they're right to be worried about that.

Haven't read that board in a while, but I know Daton isn't very popular over there. I think they view him as a major threat to Spencer Lee winning national & World titles. And they're right to be worried about that.

If the Wrestling Gods of Ancient Greece exist, Spencer Lee transfers!

For the first time in what feels like forever Penn State will enter the year without a guaranteed national champion. They last 3 or so years they have had 2 or 3 guys who were almost guaranteed to bonus their way through nationals.

Penn State will still be awesome and have guys capable of winning it all (especially if Cassar is back) but it should be their most vulnerable team in a while. The problem is I think both OSUs lose to much. Iowa should be a real threat though. That is not even taking into account if PSU has anyone Olympic Redshirt.
Couldn't you see a lot of wrestlers Olympic redshift next year which would change the landscape of team race next year? I could easily see zahid, Hall, Fix, Steveson, chenzo, Lee, etc. right? Seems like those guys already have international experience which could also make the us trials that more electrifying...

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Couldn't you see a lot of wrestlers Olympic redshift next year which would change the landscape of team race next year? I could easily see zahid, Hall, Fix, Steveson, chenzo, Lee, etc. right? Seems like those guys already have international experience which could also make the us trials that more electrifying...

The trials will be cannot miss Wrestling! Is there a date when ORSs are declared?

The trials will be cannot miss Wrestling! Is there a date when ORSs are declared?
Hall especially because he is even better at freestyle and I would assume he would go 74kg Which he would have to come down in weight. Have no insight into this but that's what he has wrestled freestyle in the past. Just wondering if that was in discussion when he (they) decided he would wrestle as true freshman

Hall especially because he is even better at freestyle and I would assume he would go 74kg Which he would have to come down in weight. Have no insight into this but that's what he has wrestled freestyle in the past. Just wondering if that was in discussion when he (they) decided he would wrestle as true freshman
Not sure Hall can make 163 any more. He may be one of those "tweeners" that will take time to grow his body into 86KG unless they add the extra weights to the olympics.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT