ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously? Is CUp the best y’all got? 😂😂😂

Yep Daves passing was pretty shocking. Took me a while for it to sink in. Not the same around here.
I never did see an obit odd but not unusual I guess these days.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Yep Daves passing was pretty shocking. Took me a while for it to sink in. Not the same around here.
I never did see an obit odd but not unusual I guess these days.
Here's Dave's obituary. It is a small world. Dave's family and my family know each other from Cushing. RIP Dave.

Here's Dave's obituary. It is a small world. Dave's family and my family know each other from Cushing. RIP Dave.

@Medic007 Thank you.

@this-thread - - Dave certainly had different and even opposite political / social views than some of us, but he seemed to have a heart of gold. He loved trolling. So what? To me, he was very likeable. Dave was a good guy. He no longer holds those political and social views. It's over. He's done. He's not here to reply or defend himself. I say, let the man rest in peace.

@wyomingosualum, I too share your concern for Syskatine. I hope he is OK. Another polar opposite politically and socially than I -- so what?. There isn't one of us, when faced with life's hardships, health issues or worse, will be thinking a whole lot about that stuff. I hope Sys simply stepped away from this place.

CUp is probably a good guy too. He's the goob standing on the Austin, TX street corner, looking at his navel, picking out belly button lint.

Last edited:
GOP hero: Don''s Republican Goon Squad

picking-belly-button-o-gif.45533

@Medic007 Thank you.

@this-thread - - Dave certainly had different and even opposite political / social views than some of us, but he seemed to have a heart of gold. He loved trolling. So what? To me, he was very likeable. Dave was a good guy. He no longer holds those political and social views. It's over. He's done. He's not here to reply or defend himself. I say, let the man rest in peace.

@wyomingosualum, I too share your concern for Syskatine. I hope he is OK. Another polar opposite politically and socially than I -- so what?. There isn't one of us, when faced with life's hardships, health issues or worse, will be thinking a whole lot about that stuff. I hope Sys simply stepped away from this place.

CUp is probably a good guy too. He's the goob standing on the Austin, TX street corner, looking at his navel, picking out belly button lint.
Most memorable: Dave suggested the Russian rubel was first metric. The rubel was first decimal with 100 kopeks to the rubel in 1704. The US buck was first decimal/metric in 1792 with 100 cents and 1000 mills to the buck. The board's majority has a very high degree of getting it right. But the board's glaring entertainment value lies with Dave, Sysk, Cup and pals.

I miss him.

I miss @Syskatine, too. Anybody know him in real life? Is he ok?
I'm here, alive and well!

I hated losing DA -- that out of the blue "he's dead" thread kind of rocked me, I was traveling and didn't have the bandwidth to stop and ruminate and when I finally did, the board is still toxic and sucks.

I've turned in my other account, so I'll be posting on ALL these boards under this handle for a while with basketball season firing back up.

How are you? Plodding through snow yet? We basically get our fall about a month later these days.

Reactions: wyomingosualum
I wish someone would show a montage of the Sc@man’s e-toys, him in his spandex riding suit and treehouse.
Some have not been around long enough to witness his true comedy

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy

I hated losing DA -- that out of the blue "he's dead" thread kind of rocked me, I was traveling and didn't have the bandwidth to stop and ruminate and when I finally did, the board is still toxic and sucks.

I've turned in my other account, so I'll be posting on ALL these boards under this handle for a while with basketball season firing back up.

How are you? Plodding through snow yet? We basically get our fall about a month later these days.
Well, glory be. Look who it is. Good to see you.

Yeah, for a guy that I never met in person, David’s death was a stunner. A good reminder of what’s really important and to reflect on how we treat each other.

My ass is parked inside right now. I had the retina detach in my left eye. Emergency surgery before it became completely undone. That was a week ago. Yesterday was a follow up exam and doctor said it looks good, but I still can’t see anything but blur out of that eye. But I still have one good eye, so I can still type and call you a dickhead any time I think it necessary!

Warmer than usual. 55 and sunny right now. Wish I was outside getting stuff done. I can resume light work tomorrow, so I will begin to ease back into it then. But one eye? I’ll be ramming and knocking over all kinds of shit, I’m sure. Looking forward to it!

Yeah, for a guy that I never met in person, David’s death was a stunner. A good reminder of what’s really important and to reflect on how we treat each other.

My ass is parked inside right now. I had the retina detach in my left eye. Emergency surgery before it became completely undone. That was a week ago. Yesterday was a follow up exam and doctor said it looks good, but I still can’t see anything but blur out of that eye. But I still have one good eye, so I can still type and call you a dickhead any time I think it necessary!

Warmer than usual. 55 and sunny right now. Wish I was outside getting stuff done. I can resume light work tomorrow, so I will begin to ease back into it then. But one eye? I’ll be ramming and knocking over all kinds of shit, I’m sure. Looking forward to it!
Just remember that he said LIGHT work.

Reactions: wyomingosualum

I'm likely the poorest guy on the board with the dominant West Germanic language, but I don't complete a sentence with a double preposition.

Ugh!! How'd you do it? Don't rush it!!

Ugh!! How'd you do it? Don't rush it!!
I didn’t do anything except get a little older. Turns out that as we age, the vitreous humor shrinks. That part is not unusual at all. Less frequent is when the shrinking vitreous brings some retina with it as it moves away from the back of the eye. The retina will tear. And that part is serious shit. Let it go too long and blindness is permanent. I was lucky.

So to complete the thread hijack, if you get a small blind spot in your vision, get to the eye doctor immediately. It’s not going to get better on its own, it will only get worse and could become irreversible quickly. My local eye doc said if fluid gets behind the retina, it is GAME OVER.

@Ponca Dan has been on me to take it slow. I will obey both of you.

I didn’t do anything except get a little older. Turns out that as we age, the vitreous humor shrinks. That part is not unusual at all. Less frequent is when the shrinking vitreous brings some retina with it as it moves away from the back of the eye. The retina will tear. And that part is serious shit. Let it go too long and blindness is permanent. I was lucky.

So to complete the thread hijack, if you get a small blind spot in your vision, get to the eye doctor immediately. It’s not going to get better on its own, it will only get worse and could become irreversible quickly. My local eye doc said if fluid gets behind the retina, it is GAME OVER.

@Ponca Dan has been on me to take it slow. I will obey both of you.
AIN'T GETTING OLD FUN?!

Remain the good guy you are.
I ain't no saint I'm sure but I have a strong loving family and many many friends most of which consider me family as well as I do them. I believe right by others to a fault I've been told a few times. I'm blessed indeed. I've no complaints, I just gripe every now and then.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
I ain't no saint I'm sure but I have a strong loving family and many many friends most of which consider me family as well as I do them. I'm blessed indeed.
Yeah. I may be in purgatory for quite some time, especially if Audrey Hepburn and Brittny Murphy are still there when I arrive. But I may walk around to the back of the Great Medicine Lodge and visit y’all through the chain link fence.

Yeah. I may be in purgatory for quite some time, especially if Audrey Hepburn and Brittny Murphy are still there when I arrive. But I may walk around to the back of the Great Medicine Lodge and visit y’all through the chain link fence.
Let me talk to Dolly and Carrie, we might be able to work out a deal. Git you on the other side of that fence. Dang, that didn't help did it?

You guys are a great bunch. I have enough brain power to hold considerable respect and admiration for all of you.

I get to thinking my !Q is a bit above the human average. Then I watch a college football game. Rethinking comes about.

Most memorable: Dave suggested the Russian rubel was first metric. The rubel was first decimal with 100 kopeks to the rubel in 1704. The US buck was first decimal/metric in 1792 with 100 cents and 1000 mills to the buck. The board's majority has a very high degree of getting it right. But the board's glaring entertainment value lies with Dave, Sysk, Cup and pals.
@my_2cents, all the @toon(non)sense iiterations, @pilt007, @CowboyJD and @glflyer are quite funny and entertaining also!

But I thought JD was a BoThSiDeSgUy?
😂😂😂
A long time ago.....I thought, and even said that I thought that jd was a guy in the middle. The more I read jd's comments and especially his reactions against most conservative comments, I have realized he is much closer to a flaming liberal! His comments from approximately a year ago that the J6 protesters prolonged lockup without a trial was justified were absolutely crazy. As my BIL says...most attorneys are politically liberal. From what I have seen, you're the only conservative attorney that posts on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT