ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Worlds Today and tomorrow

I am confused but I guess that is no surprise to anyone on this board. Who are our other six team members on the US World team? The four who qualified at the tournament this weekend is all that is being mentioned. Can someone clear up my confusion?
They don’t contest the Olympic weights at Worlds in an Olympic year.

I have zero knowledge of wrestling when it comes to technique. I will say Daton is 26 and has been coached by this staff for like 3 months. I don't know if Daton can change but there hasn't been a ton of time.
Exactly

And he’s younger than Taylor, Dake and Chance were before each was the senior level world/oly rep for the first time. Folks telling Fix to retire at 26 are a little nutty IMO.

I am confused but I guess that is no surprise to anyone on this board. Who are our other six team members on the US World team? The four who qualified at the tournament this weekend is all that is being mentioned. Can someone clear up my confusion?

So technically this is the "non-olympic weights" worlds. They just chose to call it the 2024 World Championships.

Mainly to take away the negative stigma of the title.

I think this is incorrect.

The only weights being wrestled at the 2024 Seniors World Championships are the non-Olympic weights:
GR: 55, 63, 72, 84
WW: 55, 59, 65, 72
FS: 61, 70, 79, 92

edit: and all Olympians are prohibited from competing.

Yes, non Olympic weights only

Reactions: vhsalum
Reactions: vhsalum
Haha, not likely. You might need a sobriety test for saying that. 🤣
Pennstate1985, just for you I checked on prices for a trip to Tirana, Albania from Oklahoma City. You can fly there roundtrip for $1924.54. You have your pick of lodging from the Christmas Creek Cafe and Cabins at $144.00 USD nightly up to the Sehal Valley Estate for $271/night. For a DT fan like you I think you ought to jump on it. I can go along as your trusted advisor and travel guide if you pick up the tab.

Pennstate1985, just for you I checked on prices for a trip to Tirana, Albania from Oklahoma City. You can fly there roundtrip for $1924.54. You have your pick of lodging from the Christmas Creek Cafe and Cabins at $144.00 USD nightly up to the Sehal Valley Estate for $271/night. For a DT fan like you I think you ought to jump on it. I can go along as your trusted advisor and travel guide if you pick up the tab.
Actually, I'm too poor to go to Albania. I pay too much in taxes keeping old retired people afloat... :p

Truth is I'm deciding between CKLV, Collegiate Duals, and Southern Scuffle. If's a tough choice. I have friends in Vegas but five days away is tough sledding. Collegiate Duals are in Nashville, and that's only a 5+ hour drive from SC. Get to see my team in action for two days. Southern Scuffle is even closer, and would be a little fun over the Xmas break. The last two are most doable so I'm targeting both of those. I'm probably going to Philly as well in March.

So Albania is out because you lead a lavish retirement lifestyle Oberebo. You can apologize later for that. Maybe I'll see some of you in Chattanooga unless you go to Nashville to see the champs LOL.

Since I understand we have a dual on January 3rd I do not believe we will be sending any starters to the Scuffle. I will be going to Las Vegas and as usual to Nationals in Philadelphia. So, despite my very careful planning looking for the cheapest rates to go to Albania you opt not to take advantage of that and go see David Taylor win the worlds. I see now what kind of fan you are. Living on a meager government pension which apparently offends your sensibilities, I was hoping for a hand up so that this "old retired person" could see a wrestling match before he puts his shoes on the mat for the final time. I now must have my dreams shattered and spend my "final days" living hand to mouth because of the selfishness of some rich
yankee in an obviously high tax bracket.
Seriously, we should meet up in either Las Vegas or Philly and commiserate about how poor we are.

Since I understand we have a dual on January 3rd I do not believe we will be sending any starters to the Scuffle. I will be going to Las Vegas and as usual to Nationals in Philadelphia. So, despite my very careful planning looking for the cheapest rates to go to Albania you opt not to take advantage of that and go see David Taylor win the worlds. I see now what kind of fan you are. Living on a meager government pension which apparently offends your sensibilities, I was hoping for a hand up so that this "old retired person" could see a wrestling match before he puts his shoes on the mat for the final time. I now must have my dreams shattered and spend my "final days" living hand to mouth because of the selfishness of some rich
yankee in an obviously high tax bracket.
Seriously, we should meet up in either Las Vegas or Philly and commiserate about how poor we are.
Let's make it Philly. If you like good beer, I'll buy you one or three. I'd love to meet you Oberebo.

I looked earlier today and if you go through expedia the flight and hotel for a week cost 1200 or maybe less depending on where you pick to stay. thats about 1/3 of what the NCAA is asking right now for a single all session lower level 2025 wrestling ticket.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT