ADVERTISEMENT

Scuffle brackets posted

Orangebomber

All-Big12
May 29, 2001
125 - Looks like Eddie received a good draw
133 - Kaid's draw to the semi's look ok also. Didn't see Jared Cortez.
141 - Dean's could see Jared Prince in the quarters. Thorn or potentially Krivus in the semi's
149 - Collica and Jonce both in the top half. Jonce will face Stroker in second round. Collica could face Jonce or Stroker in quarters.
157 - Joseph's draw looks good to the semi's where he could face Luke Smith or Vincenzo Joseph. Lamon's would see Minotti in the second round and potentially Early in the third round.
165 - Dieringer looks good to the semi's. Massa could face Shakur in round two.
174 - Crutchmer looks good to the semi's but Chandler is in a tough draw.
184 - Nolan gets Minnesota's Steveson while Jordan's draw seems ok into the quarters where he would see Dean
197 - Austin will have to wrestle well to see Pfarr in the quarters. Weigel gets one match before having to face the 4 seed in round two.
HWT - Austin gets the top seed but faces wrestlers from Minn, Cornell or Penn St. to get into the quarters.

I am far from a wrestling guru, but one quick question concerning the Scuffle brackets. Why do I feel the "Bye"s for are random? We have top ranked guys wrestling in round 1, yet, others ranked lower do not?

More opportunities to score points, so I like us wrestling in the first round. If we can get bonus points, it could be the difference in final team score

Thanks for the updates guys. In New Orleans and it is quite handy to keep up with the wrestlers also.

Just watched Blaylock v. Stroker...........WTF ref, again, the guy who won, could barely get off the mat, could have called stalling a few more times,........worthless ref

Marsden was up 12-2 when I began watching and hung on to win 19-18. Gave up multiple takedowns and left his leg with minimal to no defense. Still need to improve at this weight.

Austin Marsden won 5-2. Everyone is on the champuonship side except Schumacher and Blaylock.

Just checking top 4 seeds, big upsets so far are:
Moisey lost at 125 as 2 seed.
Gulibon lost as 2 seed at 141.
Thought there were going to be more when I started.

Keep the updates coming guys :) Greatly appreciated since I am watching football and only have the flo arena ticker going...hardish to follow.

little Marsden was up 12 - 2 then his opponent went for the legs instead of getting tied upper body. Marsdens final 7 points were all on escapes. I think his right foot was nailed to the mat. Plus he was gassed but had enough to get the escape with 2 seconds left for the win. Hes fun to watch when hes winning. He should focus on being a good 197 in the future. Needs to be able to go all 3 periods.
Preston looked pretty good. He got 3 takedowns and a ton of riding time in his morning match.
Crutchmer was impressive with 10 takedowns but no back points. He looks beastly.
We looked poised to win this thing. No head to head matches with PSU until the semis though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT