ADVERTISEMENT

RIP, Tommy

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003

I enjoyed the SB's. But how can you really be a "Peace Activist" when you support policies & solutions that only ensure wars. How can you be a "Peace Activist" when you support organizations that are so weak & feckless they insure discrimination, exploitation & war?

The brothers ran afoul of the adage "If your business isn't politics, then keep politics out of your business." Yes they ended up winning a wrongful termination lawsuit from CBS, but was their comedy show the right platform for wading into foreign policy & Vietnam? No PD, I'm not endorsing the war in Vietnam, but most likely the very people they supported politically previous to the "69" breakout party, were the very ones who helped get us into Vietnam, then escalated the commitment.

I've read a number of articles about them since saw where Tom died. Judging by how many of the usual suspect liberal rags wrote about them I would say they were supporters of people who started & ran Vietnam.

Always sad to see these old critter pass though, it reminds me of my own date with destiny someday in the future.

I enjoyed the SB's. But how can you really be a "Peace Activist" when you support policies & solutions that only ensure wars. How can you be a "Peace Activist" when you support organizations that are so weak & feckless they insure discrimination, exploitation & war?

The brothers ran afoul of the adage "If your business isn't politics, then keep politics out of your business." Yes they ended up winning a wrongful termination lawsuit from CBS, but was their comedy show the right platform for wading into foreign policy & Vietnam? No PD, I'm not endorsing the war in Vietnam, but most likely the very people they supported politically previous to the "69" breakout party, were the very ones who helped get us into Vietnam, then escalated the commitment.

I've read a number of articles about them since saw where Tom died. Judging by how many of the usual suspect liberal rags wrote about them I would say they were supporters of people who started & ran Vietnam.

Always sad to see these old critter pass though, it reminds me of my own date with destiny someday in the future.

This Liberal Mouthpiece is just like them. Nothing Reiner stands for is a Democracy.

Was Tommy the retarded one?

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I think I may be the only person on the planet who did not find the Smothers Brothers to be even the least bit funny or entertaining. I found their act to be stupid, corny, and just flat out lame.
Same. Would also add Bob Saget and Steven Colbert to that list.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT