ADVERTISEMENT

Reno

Chasen Tolbert is seeded #1 at 125 andranked 13.
Bryce Meredith is seeded #1 and ranked 12
Luke Smith is #2 seeded and is ranked 8.
A. Lee from Illinois is not ranked at 197 and not seeded.
Andre Lee dec. Weigel 4-2 so we have 3 in the semis. Dusty Hone is wrestling in the consos as I write.

Andre Lee dec. Weigel 4-2 so we have 3 in the semis. Dusty Hone is wrestling in the consos as I write.
Chandler Rogers had a 17 second fall over Willie Miller. He was obviously mad about his loss. Dusty Hone lost his conso match 8-2 to Cole Weaver.

not sure why preston doesn't shoot. when he came in we all knew he was pretty decent on top but when i watched some of his high school matches i came away thinking he had a nice dbl leg as well and would develop it in our room. we'll to watch him now its like he wrestles with no fire.

not sure why preston doesn't shoot. when he came in we all knew he was pretty decent on top but when i watched some of his high school matches i came away thinking he had a nice dbl leg as well and would develop it in our room. we'll to watch him now its like he wrestles with no fire.
Luke Olson dec. Jared Reis 6-1 at 141. Weigel up next at 197.

Luke Olson dec. Jared Reis 6-1 at 141. Weigel up next at 197.
Weigel was taken down in 11 seconds and ridden out the entire first period picking up a stalling point also. Jackson Lewis took down and Weigel tried to throw him to his back and was not successful and Lewis got the reverse and was riding him tough when I left the match to get ready for the semis.

Weigel was taken down in 11 seconds and ridden out the entire first period picking up a stalling point also. Jackson Lewis took down and Weigel tried to throw him to his back and was not successful and Lewis got the reverse and was riding him tough when I left the match to get ready for the semis.
Weigel lost 6-4. He got 4 NF in the third, was getting swipes a second time and went out of bounds. Almost came back.

He is going to be fun to watch for four years.
Joe Smith came back with two reversals and riding time to win a close one 5-4, giving up an escape at the end and then came forward and looked like he drove into Luke Smith with his head knocking him on his butt at the end. Another great match over the #8 ranked Luke Smith who looked very tough.

Joe smith looks great in all 3 phases. Strong and in great shape, throw in a little bit of mean in with that. I'm excited to see how he does in the finals.

Joe Smith came back with two reversals and riding time to win a close one 5-4, giving up an escape at the end and then came forward and looked like he drove into Luke Smith with his head knocking him on his butt at the end. Another great match over the #8 ranked Luke Smith who looked very tough.

It should not have been that close IMO. Smith in deep early and got a little pumped trying to throw him on his head and the ensuing scramble enabled Luke to score his only offensive points. He is a long tough rider but once Smith got the reversal I wasn't really worried as Smith was the only one initiating offense. Was close to a few tilts as well.

Not as close of a match as the score would indicate.

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
Who does he have in the finals and what is he ranked?
Joe has the #1 wrestler in the country and returning National champion Isaiah I Martinez (IMAR). Both of the true freshman for us came back from deficits to win and showed stamina and guts. Moran did not wrestle bad against Meredith who just looked a lot bigger. In the Pic v. Tolbert match Pic drove in for a takedown but in a scramble Tolbert got the Takedown and rode him and turned him for two and was leading 4-0with 2:28 RT going into the 2nd period and Tolbert took down and Pic turned him for four points to tie the score 4-4 but still trailing for riding time. He rode him until 1:20 of riding time when Colbert escped making it 5-4 going into the third. Pic took down in the 3rd and escaped but Tolbert took him down and Piccinnini escaped again and took Tolbert down to make the score 9-8 and then Tolbert escaped to make it 9-9 and it went into overtime and Piccinnini secured the takedown in OT to win 11-9. Joe Smith was taken down by Luke Smith off a Joe Smith shot where he picked Luke up over his head and brought him down on his )Luke's) head which threw Joe off and Luke scrambled for the first TD of the match. From that point on Smith by virtue of two reversals and a strong ride was ahead 5-3 when Luke Smith escaped with less than 10 seconds left and Smith won the match 5-4.

C Rogers just dominated Ottinger and pinned him in about 35 seconds.... Still upset about his loss!

Chandler Rodgers :37 fall over ottinger central mich to advance to 3rd place bout.

Picnic
impressed me most about pic was the number of times he was in on a leg while his opponent had him buried on the mat yet each time he was able to stand up, suck in the high crotch then lift and toss him to the mat while getting the takedown. That takes some strength you rarely see in a freshman. I thought for sure he would lose that match. But he willed himself to a win with pure strength.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Yes and both in pretty solid fashion.

and not just that he beat them but how he wrestles: he is tough on top looking to turn, doesn't get trapped on bottom (like some) and good on his feet with multiple options always moving forward, wrestles all 3 position very well but still has huge upside potential.

Reactions: osu2082 and ctdub
Looks like they will start in about 10 min or so. Also they are starting at 165 to end with the 157 final!

and not just that he beat them but how he wrestles: he is tough on top looking to turn, doesn't get trapped on bottom (like some) and good on his feet with multiple options always moving forward, wrestles all 3 position very well but still has huge upside potential.
He doesn't wrestle like a true freshman. Pretty impressive win against a ranked 5th year senior. Looking forward to tonight's match. I don't think he'll win, but I'm interested to see if he can compete.

Looks like they will start in about 10 min or so. Also they are starting at 165 to end with the 157 final!
Did the official bump up start time? Believe schedule Sai 6 PT thus 8 CT. Don't see any start time info on flo.

He doesn't wrestle like a true freshman. Pretty impressive win against a ranked 5th year senior. Looking forward to tonight's match. I don't think he'll win, but I'm interested to see if he can compete.

I am too. Now losing to IMar in almost any fashion really isn't bad or will it decide his immediate future but I do think he will make it competitive at least I hope he does!

IMar is close to AD status this year IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT