ADVERTISEMENT

Reno and the Southern Scuffle

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
My question is a selfish one. I have been to both of these tournaments numerous times but IMO the fans are being left out of the equation on both tournaments. We need to know in an appropriate amount of time whether we are sending full teams and starters to one or both. Reservations have to be made, tickets purchased and rooms reserved. In my opinion there is no better run or better stocked with teams than the Southern Scuffle. It is fan friendly and Chattanooga is a great little town. I prefer it over the RTOC. Why can not John and the wrestling press agent make these timely announcements.An inquiring fan wants to know.

My question is a selfish one. I have been to both of these tournaments numerous times but IMO the fans are being left out of the equation on both tournaments. We need to know in an appropriate amount of time whether we are sending full teams and starters to one or both. Reservations have to be made, tickets purchased and rooms reserved. In my opinion there is no better run or better stocked with teams than the Southern Scuffle. It is fan friendly and Chattanooga is a great little town. I prefer it over the RTOC. Why can not John and the wrestling press agent make these timely announcements.An inquiring fan wants to know.

John said the other day that about 25 guys will be at Reno. All starters, a lot of backups, and 4-5 redshirts.

I think the Scuffle has some limitations on attached wrestlers. It will probably be the starters, plus a few backups and a few redshirts.

Reactions: osu2082
John said the other day that about 25 guys will be at Reno. All starters, a lot of backups, and 4-5 redshirts.

I think the Scuffle has some limitations on attached wrestlers. It will probably be the starters, plus a few backups and a few redshirts.
That's kind of what we heard last year.... We were thinking about going to the Scuffle, and were really glad we didn't when we ended up having about 3 wrestlers there. Similar situation this year. I'm not making the financial or time commitment to go without knowing if we will even significantly participate. One of the few times Oberobo makes sense....

That's kind of what we heard last year.... We were thinking about going to the Scuffle, and were really glad we didn't when we ended up having about 3 wrestlers there. Similar situation this year. I'm not making the financial or time commitment to go without knowing if we will even significantly participate. One of the few times Oberobo makes sense....

I agree our team communications are rather weak (& marketing in general).

The only thing John said about the Scuffle was that Boo could possibly be there. But he also said they might hold him back from a grueling 2 day tournament and ease him into a dual. Made me think the starters would be there. Last year was weird because of the Italy trip.

That's kind of what we heard last year.... We were thinking about going to the Scuffle, and were really glad we didn't when we ended up having about 3 wrestlers there. Similar situation this year. I'm not making the financial or time commitment to go without knowing if we will even significantly participate. One of the few times Oberobo makes sense....[/QUOTE
I was told that John said they were taking a full contingent to Reno but also said he would "Evaluate" who he takes to the Southern Scuffle after the Reno tournament. This is not exactly comforting news to those (me) who might be contemplating going to the Scuffle. tf- you might consider spelling my handle right when you are gigging me.o_O. I know you were joking because you have told me many times in person how great I am.:)

Reactions: tfpoke
I agree our team communications are rather weak (& marketing in general).

The only thing John said about the Scuffle was that Boo could possibly be there. But he also said they might hold him back from a grueling 2 day tournament and ease him into a dual. Made me think the starters would be there. Last year was weird because of the Italy trip.
What about Reno, was told by a coach that we were going to Reno with the starters two weeks before. What happen, no show. We did have a dual a few days before but was told starters were still going except a few of them. People spend there hard earn money going to these tournaments (except Oberebo), so when there is a no show, I think that would tick off a few fans!

I took it as it might just be the starters at the scuffle and not much more than that.

I took it as it might just be the starters at the scuffle and not much more than that.
I believe you are allowed 15 entries. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Boo and Kaden at 149, Preston and Marsden at 197, Joseph somewhere as an extra (who knows what weight), Wittlake and Montalvo. Keep backups at injury prone weights sharp, and let a couple of the more successful redshirts have a look against higher level competition.

I believe you are allowed 15 entries. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Boo and Kaden at 149, Preston and Marsden at 197, Joseph somewhere as an extra (who knows what weight), Wittlake and Montalvo. Keep backups at injury prone weights sharp, and let a couple of the more successful redshirts have a look against higher level competition.

If Boo is back and healthy I wouldn't be surprised to see Kaden drop to 141. John sort of hinted at that. Boo is the unquestioned guy at 149 if healthy.

I'm curious if Arizona state will be in Reno. Some articles have them in but it's not on their schedule on it's site. They have midlands after penn state. Would love for smith to go up against zahid...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT