ADVERTISEMENT

Red Dead Redemption II

I get pissed in Saint Denis when I try to mount my horse and some asshole walks too close and of course, I end up launching at them and choking the shit out of them, cops are everywhere, it’s just shit packed with cops and people so any little tap on the controller the wrong way and you end up in a hail of bullets and bounties.

I was going to post a spoiler that’s real damned annoying about the main guy, but I’ll just hold it for now. Makes the game a bit of a pain going forward. I love the depth of the game, but some of this bullshit is absurd...

Reactions: MegaPoke
So I don't play games or even own a gaming console. Is this game worth the time?

Hell the frick yes it is. Story is fantastic. Graphics are great. Immersion is great. Music is great.

DO IT!

This game is unbelievable.

Never been so into a game...and that includes the Fallout series...and that is saying ALOT.

I’m pretty far along. About 75%. The story is...surprising. In fact, I was....well, very “surprised”.

It’s like a good book where you become very attached to the characters and want good for some of them. And pain for others.

Did I mention this game is huge? And you can get your horse back at camp if you have the stable feature where you can select a horse. And by pushing up on the D pad when walking around, you will whistle him/her up.

Never have found the ghost. Found the UFO and the “believers”. There’s some gamers that argue if Arthur is a better character than Marston. I would say so. Just more interesting.

I didn’t use Dead Eye in gun fights very much. It usually just makes me angry lol. I just shoot for the heads and get them gone. Shot a lot of hats off...

It’s really two games in one. Just wait and see if you aren’t that far along. Pretty cool.

So I don't play games or even own a gaming console. Is this game worth the time?

It is one of the best games I've ever played. That being said I can't imagine jumping into this game if you haven't played anything in awhile. I play video games a decent amount and it is still kind of overwhelming to me. But I could be wrong...

Had a day off on Sunday for the first time in forever. So I spent like 12 hours playing this damned game. It is so much fun...
I did all three treasure hunts, upgraded the camp, upgraded the saddle and tack, and exploited a glitch to upgrade my horse to the Turkoman stallion for free. Bought some killer threads, started growing a handlebar mustache and upgraded my guns to the Schofield and Lancaster.

Still in chapter 2, so I feel pretty good about setting myself up with all that stuff before getting much further into the story.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Had a day off on Sunday for the first time in forever. So I spent like 12 hours playing this damned game. It is so much fun...
I did all three treasure hunts, upgraded the camp, upgraded the saddle and tack, and exploited a glitch to upgrade my horse to the Turkoman stallion for free. Bought some killer threads, started growing a handlebar mustache and upgraded my guns to the Schofield and Lancaster.

Still in chapter 2, so I feel pretty good about setting myself up with all that stuff before getting much further into the story.

I have just as much fun hunting and wondering around the map as I do doing the missions. The random stuff you find in this game is insane. I stumbled onto a cabin in the woods were a couple wanted to do a little swinging. I'm also pretty sure I got sexually assaulted by a Deliverance-type guy.

Save your money as best you can. You randomly get weapon upgrades from missions...

I have one final mission before I finish chapter two (I think). I am avoiding it (Breaking Micah out of jail). Buddy said it was a pain in the ass lol

The Klan rally cross burning was pretty funny.

The twin brothers trying to out do each other was also entertaining.

Micah is a major ****. Just sayin...

And that mission where you break his sorry ass out of jail, you don’t need to do shit really, he’s like a one man gang.

All the crazy shit you find...it’s just nuts. Ghosts, UFOs, crazy killers, tramps, zombies...

Yes, there’s some zombies. The south in this game is a hella creepy place.

And for gawds sake...

HELP ME FIND GAVIN!!!!!

Micah is a major ****. Just sayin...

And that mission where you break his sorry ass out of jail, you don’t need to do shit really, he’s like a one man gang.

All the crazy shit you find...it’s just nuts. Ghosts, UFOs, crazy killers, tramps, zombies...

Yes, there’s some zombies. The south in this game is a hella creepy place.

And for gawds sake...

HELP ME FIND GAVIN!!!!!

I’m on the Micha mission now. I guess Strawberry is going to hate me now.

Strawberry won’t even flinch. It’s weird...you shoot up that town and no one seems to care when you come back.

Saint Denis is one of my most hated places to be in the game. Too many damn people. One small move and you have cops all over your ass. Don’t try to mount your horse when surrounded, you will inadvertently launch on someone and end up needing an escape plan quick...

My horse got killed last night. The only horse I have had for the whole game. Dammit. Didn’t even get a chance to revive her. Got into a fight with some asshole on a wagon and he drove the wagon into me and just destroyed my ride. I was in the middle of nowhere, had to carry my saddle until I could shoot some fool and take his horse. Best horse for me is a Shire, just cut them free from a wagon and train them back up.

Can’t wait for some of you to finish the main story....then we can talk about these other “items”....

I finally did the Micah mission and dude gives zero f*cks in Strawberry lol. and Sadie is a badass lol

On chapter 3 now. Very interesting story.

This game is on a different level from anything I’ve ever seen. The attention to detail in the stunning environment is mind blowing.

The fact they’ve built an excellent character driven story into it is almost secondary to the graphics and artwork.

Reactions: colcord
Strawberry won’t even flinch. It’s weird...you shoot up that town and no one seems to care when you come back.

Saint Denis is one of my most hated places to be in the game. Too many damn people. One small move and you have cops all over your ass. Don’t try to mount your horse when surrounded, you will inadvertently launch on someone and end up needing an escape plan quick...

My horse got killed last night. The only horse I have had for the whole game. Dammit. Didn’t even get a chance to revive her. Got into a fight with some asshole on a wagon and he drove the wagon into me and just destroyed my ride. I was in the middle of nowhere, had to carry my saddle until I could shoot some fool and take his horse. Best horse for me is a Shire, just cut them free from a wagon and train them back up.

Can’t wait for some of you to finish the main story....then we can talk about these other “items”....

I feel your pain about the horse. Stole a train a few days ago and somehow promptly ran over the only horse I had used the whole game. Let’s just say she was not able to be revived after that

If you steal train, I think it almost automatically kills your horse lol. Had the same thing happen to me last night after I got another horse. Boom. Dead trigger.

How many of us name our horse Bullet? Lol.

I get pissed in Saint Denis when I try to mount my horse and some asshole walks too close and of course, I end up launching at them and choking the shit out of them, cops are everywhere, it’s just shit packed with cops and people so any little tap on the controller the wrong way and you end up in a hail of bullets and bounties.

I was going to post a spoiler that’s real damned annoying about the main guy, but I’ll just hold it for now. Makes the game a bit of a pain going forward. I love the depth of the game, but some of this bullshit is absurd...

I figured out the spoiler. Evidently it’s unavoidable.

I’ve played a little more and have finally moved camp to over by the shoreline on the river/lake (can’t remember the name). Story is expanding and Dutch is a super tool. But, it’s been very good.

Finished last night. the game is very good but not as good as the first one which has the most shocking moment in game I have ever played.

I figured out the spoiler. Evidently it’s unavoidable.

It is. The ending is....without saying since I know there’s still guys playing the main story...just a kick in the balls.

I’m still playing (you can keep going on after the story “ends”), and have been just exploring. I had no idea all the things I missed when doing the main story. I just figured the world was so vast that they wouldn’t have been able to come up with all this other stuff, but I have been completely surprised.

I guess with 8 years to work on this game, they had plenty of time to just load it full of crap. That, and the fact that they had to do several takes of scenes so that it would “change” depending on your honor.

Makes me think....as long as it takes to make these games, and if they get any bigger, it will be so that your grandkids will be the people playing the sequels lol. I see folks clamoring for a new Fallout now since Fallout76 has been such a downer, and Rockstar upped the game in terms of open world sandbox gameplay. But I bet it will be another 4-5 years from now before Bethesda puts out another Fallout, and OG gamers like me will be close to 50 (or past that age).

One more thing...it’s really hard to build good honor once you get real low. Everyone just gets assholish, and dudes draw on me all the time so I have to keep plugging away. Kinda sucks.

And every cowboy camped out is just a pure asshole now. I can stumble along and some dude is by a fire, he will get shitty and before I can ride away...BOOM BOOM BOOM...another f*%#er I have to loot.

Between all those guys, Skinners, Lemoyne raiders, Del Lobos, and anyone else...I just have to keep fighting.

I have decided to roll with it now. I walked up to a card game and threw a dead deer on the table lol. The players freaked out. Pretty funny.

Check out some of the videos of “funnies” on YouTube. Some of the glitches and little crazy happenings are hilarious. I still giggle like an idiot every time I ride fast and end up running into a fence, some asshole, or some animal and just yard sale all over hell and back.

I hope the day extra content doesn’t just go the way of the online game from now on. I would like them to do some DLC like the Undead Nightmare they did before, perhaps expound on some of these stories.

Just got this for Christmas. I havent had a play station in six years and I have never been real good at shit like this, I mostly did sports games. I’ve probably played gta a total of one hour in my life. I’m intimidated.

Just got this for Christmas. I havent had a play station in six years and I have never been real good at shit like this, I mostly did sports games. I’ve probably played gta a total of one hour in my life. I’m intimidated.

You will love it. Easy to play just takes a little acclimation. The story graphics and characters are unparalleled. The acting is superb.

Simply put, it’s the best video game of all time and I don’t think it’s very close.

Reactions: Winston Havelock
You will love it. Easy to play just takes a little acclimation. The story graphics and characters are unparalleled. The acting is superb.

Simply put, it’s the best video game of all time and I don’t think it’s very close.

High praise!

It really is amazing. I hadn’t played a game in a long time and at first it was definitely overwhelming just getting a grip on the breadth of the game. But after awhile everything starts making sense and it’s a blast

Last edited:
High praise!

I can’t overstate the quality of the art and environmental immersion you get in this game. Boots and hooves leave prints in the mud, storm clouds move and swirl realistically. Trees sway in the wind and the geography feels like everything from New Orleans to the Ozarks to the Great Plains to the Rocky’s to the Southwest.

It’s mesmerizing and beautiful.

@Rulz how do I play college football on ps4?

Get a copy of the last college football game they made I guess. What was that, like 2014?

By the way, you CAN get struck by lightening in those storms lol. I was walking along, in the rain....BOOM!!! My character flew through the air all rag dolled and died. Funny shit.

Pay attention to the little “squares” that show up on the map. Random cottages, farms, and homes. Always some good loot in there. And somewhere, there’s one of these that belongs to the “stranger”, a guy in a top hat that was a part of Red Dead Redemption and was a pretty creepy character. He won’t be home....or maybe he is?? I’ll just say it...I found the home and that bastard was in the mirror behind me. I turned around...he was gone. There’s a theory that Trelawney is the same person...which makes things even stranger in retrospect. Anyway, this is kind of a weird story, research it out if you are curious.

And the whole “Gavin” thing. That is driving everyone nuts. One of the most odd encounters in the game. And I killed that bastard (his name is Nigel)...and he reappeared in Saint Denis (which I think is simply a very evil place altogether...). Just weird.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT