ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News?

An
I thought it was a bad take and intellectually lazy to be honest. Bo Bassett has an strong connection to M2 and Young Guns, so I'm not sure there is only one connection. As for Spencer Lee, sure he idolizes him, but he probably idolizes DT, Gilman, Cael, Nick Lee, Zain etc, etc, etc. Lastly, I would say that as a likely 149 in college, I think a Gilman/Lee/Zain would trump a Spencer Lee as a practice partner.

All that said, Bo could always decide to be the big fish in the pond rather than one of many. Kids are kids, but that take from Spey was blah to me.
what about a Gilman, Fix, Yianni?

Should he talk in the third person? That would make you feel better?
Jimmy doesn’t like that
Seinfeld Soup GIF

Reactions: bwel9339
Go listen to an interview with Bassett. For the life of me I don't understand the handwringing. I can't think of many kids I've heard that age who seem more mature.
He knows that it’s hard to monetize wrestling. He’s shooting his shot and building a brand.

Like I said previously… if his brand was about glitz and glam then I’d worry. His brand is built on outworking everyone and being obsessed.

Anything is possible, I guess. The Lockett Family is pretty entrenched in Stillwater, and involved in all of the extracurricular events around wrestling. It would be hard to see a last minute move like this.

Not only that, McComas seems to be really enjoying himself.

Both IA and ISU seem to be on the hunt. If there was no game to hunt, then ... So there must be some smoke or Willie would have shut it down. Instead he acknowledged Iowa was in on the hunt.

For the life of me, I can't see what either school does for Dee or CC. Someone is selling smoke.

Both IA and ISU seem to be on the hunt. If there was no game to hunt, then ... So there must be some smoke or Willie would have shut it down. Instead he acknowledged Iowa was in on the hunt.

For the life of me, I can't see what either school does for Dee or CC. Someone is selling smoke.

ISU - David Carr, Paniro Johnson, Chittum... oh. and chris perry

Iowa - $$$$$ (only way they get him)

Reactions: stuclone
He’s got a lot of good relationships with the younger Iowa wrestlers it wouldn’t surprise me, but I don’t think he leaves OSU.
I just don't see the point in going through all if this is he's not willing to leave. He's been around enough to get a glimpse of what DT's new staff and new culture are going to be like and now he's actively talking w/ ISU and Iowa. That's not a great sign. Could be an NIL push with all of the talk after the DT hire.

I just don't see the point in going through all if this is he's not willing to leave. He's been around enough to get a glimpse of what DT's new staff and new culture are going to be like and now he's actively talking w/ ISU and Iowa. That's not a great sign. Could be an NIL push with all of the talk after the DT hire.
He talked about being 100% committed to OSU after the hire, DT called him I don’t get the sudden change. Zo is even on staff and that’s who he vouched for in the interview. A bit blindsiding to me.

There’s so many what ifs until we start seeing the kids this staff has actually had time to train. Until then, I’m having a hard time getting too invested in recruits because no one really knows what the product is going to look like.

Don’t misinterpret this. I do not want to lose Dee and I want the next big thing. I only feel like my attention and focus is really spent more on what will the guys in the room right now look like come fall. If that’s positive everything and everyone else will then start falling into place I hope.

There’s so many what ifs until we start seeing the kids this staff has actually had time to train. Until then, I’m having a hard time getting too invested in recruits because no one really knows what the product is going to look like.

Don’t misinterpret this. I do not want to lose Dee and I want the next big thing. I only feel like my attention and focus is really spent more on what will the guys in the room right now look like come fall. If that’s positive everything and everyone else will then start falling into place I hope.
Agreed but he's a legit multi timer imo.

Isn't Lockett an Askren kid? If so, maybe he leans on him for advice here.

He talked about being 100% committed to OSU after the hire, DT called him I don’t get the sudden change. Zo is even on staff and that’s who he vouched for in the interview. A bit blindsiding to me.

Chris

Perry

Dude has been damn near his personal coach since birth.

Reactions: AtownPoke
Chris

Perry

Dude has been damn near his personal coach since birth.
Was he promised something that was taken away? This seems beyond personal. Almost vendetta-like. It just feels wrong to use kids for payback. If that's what it is, and I'm not saying it is. I don't know but Chris' name keeps popping up in these threads as a common variable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT