ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News?

With Mantanona coming in I wouldnt expect them to be looking for anyone there outside of maybe a grad transfer if they wanna RS him. Could be wrong.

Honestly, idk where VV is going to end up. He doesn’t have a RS available. As far as blue blood programs go, no one is in need of a 49er. I believe Iowa has the only AA that won’t return. But they have Chittum coming in there. That means VV ends up at a lower tier Big10 school or somewhere random.
That's kind of what Im thinking. Plus he only has until May 7th.

Quick question. The portal closing on Sunday just means you cannot enter into the portal anymore (except for grad transfers and coaching changes) right? But VV being already in the portal has until classes start to find a home? This is how I interpreted it.

Or not being grad transfer or coaching change situation he has until Sunday to find a home?

Thanks

Quick question. The portal closing on Sunday just means you cannot enter into the portal anymore (except for grad transfers and coaching changes) right? But VV being already in the portal has until classes start to find a home? This is how I interpreted it.

Or not being grad transfer or coaching change situation he has until Sunday to find a home?

Thanks
It's for entering the portal. Once you're in there's no deadline to make a decision.

Reactions: Chasingthirty-five
VV going to Iowa pretty much shoots the "Victor transferred because he doesn't like the grind of OSU workouts" theory. From what I can glean, going hard in practice is Iowa's MO.

Lol at Ferraris. Rutgers for him and Angelo. AJ seems to have basically announced he’s MMA bound.
Hate to root against these cats because they're humans too... obviously brought up in a weird situation but dang... they are a bit villianish lol. How do you manage to you piss off everybody that's looking out for you (not you slickr3, the Ferraris)?

Reactions: slickr3
I'm not that sold on VV. He seems like a great kid, love the fact that he seems like a gym rat, and wrestles all the time. He doesn't seem strong or quick to have outstanding athleticism. I wonder sometimes with these kids that spend so much time on the mat, if they don't have as much upside. I realize he lost a bunch of close matches, but his wins were close ones too. I was honestly worried about him being our 149 going forward, if he would be able to be a major contributor. Guess we'll find out with him with the squawks. Hopefully we can plug that hole with something better.

Be interesting to see how VV does at Iowa. Definitely didn’t see that coming. It’ll be interesting to see how all our previous guys do at new schools. Will be telling as to where we are at.

This drama Chittum/Anthony drama feels like it goes back a lot future than just recently when Anthony comitted

Be interesting to see how VV does at Iowa. Definitely didn’t see that coming. It’ll be interesting to see how all our previous guys do at new schools. Will be telling as to where we are at.

This drama Chittum/Anthony drama feels like it goes back a lot future than just recently when Anthony comitted
We'd have a good shot with Chittum if things fall apart for him at Iowa.

I'm not that sold on VV. He seems like a great kid, love the fact that he seems like a gym rat, and wrestles all the time. He doesn't seem strong or quick to have outstanding athleticism. I wonder sometimes with these kids that spend so much time on the mat, if they don't have as much upside. I realize he lost a bunch of close matches, but his wins were close ones too. I was honestly worried about him being our 149 going forward, if he would be able to be a major contributor. Guess we'll find out with him with the squawks. Hopefully we can plug that hole with something better.
As much as I know Lee will hate me saying this ;), but you probably speak for a number of OSU fans with this statement.

JW no problem

Don’t like losing VV…However, If he’s going to be at 149, you have to like JW’s upside vs. VV.

So VV left because we didn’t let him rest at the end of the season? I think we can call BS on that one. It took six years for Murin to AA. Maybe VV will have the same results.

Reactions: gyppoke
Vv was lookin for more of a PSU method of practice style and before conference tourney backing off the grind style and let them be fresh for what really matters. Vv is a good Kid hope he has success .
Does Iowa do the PSU practice method?

Post from the first page of this thread

Recruiting rumor: A poster on the PSU board who claims to know about the recruitment of Cody Chittum says he expects Chittum to commit to OSU now that the Ferraris are gone. I believe Chittum has been the #1 recruit in 2023 but has reclassified to 2022. He has already been committed to Iowa and Minnesota up to this point.

Agreed. Good kid, works hard. His matches were a bit grind-ey and they were all close. Style should work well at Iowa. Let's hope he doesn't develop anymore lol

Reactions: tfpoke
Post from the first page of this thread
Flo's 2023 Big Board is posted, and Thompson is 4th (4th), Carroll is 8th (2nd), and Hughes is 9th (24th). Heeg has dropped to 54th ( 34th), and Robb is 84th ( unranked). In parenthesis is their previous ranking in November 2022. Carroll dropped because he didn't wrestle all year until the US Open ( I believe in the interview after US Open win he had a heart problem) and Flo drops you in their ratings for that. For Thompson 4th is about right with McEnelly being 3rd who beat Thompson in the semi's of the US Open but he is rated at 195 and Thompson is at 182. Hughes had a good year and deserved the bump in rating ( wish he finished the US Open instead of forfeiting to 6th). Heeg dropped because he didn't win State and lost to Thomas twice who is rated 49th. Nice year by Robb. If we could get Chittum he would wrestle where he wanted likely because if I remember right Williams and Chittum wrestled in freestyle and Chittum threw Williams all over the place (quick match) and that may be when Williams quit wrestling for a while.

So if Chittum packed up and left, did he enter the portal by the May 7th deadline? If not does he have to sit out a year in order to enter and transfer?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT