ADVERTISEMENT

Question

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
I watched a retired US Army general being interviewed and he had high hopes that Ukraine would beat back Russia, in fact is beating Russia back and would retake Crimea before all is said and done. He’s a retried general so he obviously knows a great deal more than me about all things military/war, so I’m in no position to question his knowledge. But I did think it was a little farfetched based on what many other so-called experts are saying. But he said one thing in particular that was eye-opening to me, he said so far in the first year of the war that Russia has lost “thousands” of tanks. I didn’t know Russia had committed that many tanks to the war much less they had that many destroyed. I find that very hard to believe. Does anybody on this board know anything about that particular statistic?

I watched a retired US Army general being interviewed and he had high hopes that Ukraine would beat back Russia, in fact is beating Russia back and would retake Crimea before all is said and done. He’s a retried general so he obviously knows a great deal more than me about all things military/war, so I’m in no position to question his knowledge. But I did think it was a little farfetched based on what many other so-called experts are saying. But he said one thing in particular that was eye-opening to me, he said so far in the first year of the war that Russia has lost “thousands” of tanks. I didn’t know Russia had committed that many tanks to the war much less they had that many destroyed. I find that very hard to believe. Does anybody on this board know anything about that particular statistic?
I will play!

NATO/DS POS forcing innocent Ukrainian civilians to pick up arms and get slaughtered against a superior power of the Russkies.

Only reason this is happening is bc the USA "men" get duped by their deep state controlled fake news and let DJT get taken out- none of this happens if the American "men" weren't so weak and would stand up for their country- the whole world is suffering bc of what the "men" of this country have allowed.

But hey- OMB

I will play!

NATO/DS POS forcing innocent Ukrainian civilians to pick up arms and get slaughtered against a superior power of the Russkies.

Only reason this is happening is bc the USA "men" get duped by their deep state controlled fake news and let DJT get taken out- none of this happens if the American "men" weren't so weak and would stand up for their country- the whole world is suffering bc of what the "men" of this country have allowed.

But hey- OMB
That’s about as far off the rails of the topic/question of the thread as you could get. But thank you for playing.

That’s about as far off the rails of the topic/question of the thread as you could get. But thank you for playing.
No Dan- it's nail on the head which your TDS you get from the TV is 100 percent all to blame so without yours and others enabling to give control of our military to an anti American shadow govt- your question wouldn't even have any meaning.

But you will NEVER admit how wrong you and AC and the other TDS sheep were - congrats tho y'all got us so over our heads it's not even funny. Look at the WORLDWIDE horrible suffering going on- nice job but y'all got your horrible 45 out of there

No Dan- it's nail on the head which your TDS you get from the TV is 100 percent all to blame so without yours and others enabling to give control of our military to an anti American shadow govt- your question wouldn't even have any meaning.

But you will NEVER admit how wrong you and AC and the other TDS sheep were - congrats tho y'all got us so over our heads it's not even funny. Look at the WORLDWIDE horrible suffering going on- nice job but y'all got your horrible 45 out of there
So is there an answer about how many tanks Russia has lost somewhere - anywhere! - in either of your replies?

But I did think it was a little farfetched based on what many other so-called experts are saying. But he said one thing in particular that was eye-opening to me, he said so far in the first year of the war that Russia has lost “thousands” of tanks.
I have no clue where the unnamed General you are referencing got his information. I do know that Oryx, a Dutch open-source intelligence defence analysis website claims to have verified 1,000 distinct tank losses in Ukraine. They also have claimed that over 500 tanks have been captured by Ukraine and that Russia has suffered over 9,000 losses of equipment in their invansion of Ukraine.

I've seen this reported from numerous news sources.

I have no clue where the unnamed General you are referencing got his information. I do know that Oryx, a Dutch open-source intelligence defence analysis website claims to have verified 1,000 distinct tank losses in Ukraine. They also have claimed that over 500 tanks have been captured by Ukraine and that Russia has suffered over 9,000 losses of equipment in their invansion of Ukraine.

I've seen this reported from numerous news sources.
Please provide their links. I’d like to start following them?

What’s objectionable about Fox News having a general providing information you would find pleasing on its network?
Nothing.

My response was to which network you saw this on. Anyone who pays any attention on this board would immediately know which network you were watching when you saw this.

Reactions: ClintonDavidScott
So is there an answer about how many tanks Russia has lost somewhere - anywhere! - in either of your replies?
Yeah just avoid the big picture- it's all about the number of tanks- not the herd of men in America thar got duped by the deep state that caused it all eh? Sorry I thought maybe you were actually looking for a big on off switch, forgot you just want to play pitter patter wirh the boards 14 year old
Mamas basement boys.....then carry on

I have been skeptical of these numbers. How are these organizations tracking these? I've seen some websites that have reported they are tracking these by image but the pictures being released are as much propaganda as they are evidence of Ukraine success. Without an id numbers from each tank its impossible to track these accurately. If it was our military tracking our targets that we desteiyed and with our intelligence agencies keeping track of the order of battle i would be inclined to believe most of it but you don't have that. The war has been static for some time. If anything Russia has recently been slowly taking ground.

Russia has had an abundance of time to dig in in the Southern region, and they have a very defensible position South of the river. Unless the Ukrainians get some serious help offensively I would be skeptical of any offensive that can retake Crimea. Any peace that may be able to be negotiated will most likely not include Russia giving this up or the territory connecting that region to Russia.

Propaganda is still the leading source of any information coming out of Ukraine. It looks like a stale mate at the moment, but Russia has still not gone all in. If I were a Ukraine general I would expect that if Russia can replace some of its soldiers with fresh soldiers they will change thier strategy to the American shock and awe strategy. This could be problematic to Ukraine as the new weapons they have aquired are most likely not on the battlefield in any kind of impactful way. The training takes time, if the weapons will have impact they need that training. This is why I laugh at F-16s. The training alone will take too long to have impact.

Remember generals are politicians these days. Treat them as such.

Last edited:
I have been skeptical of these numbers. How are these organizations tracking these? I've seen some websites that have reported they are tracking these by image but the pictures being released are as much propaganda as they are evidence of Ukraine success. Without an id numbers from each tank its impossible to track these accurately. If it was our military tracking our targets that we desteiyed and with our intelligence agencies keeping track of the order of battle i would be inclined to believe most of it but you don't have that. The war has been static for some time. If anything Russia has recently been slowly taking ground.

Russia has had an abundance of time to dig in in the Southern region, and they have a very defensible position South of the river. Unless the Ukrainians get some serious help offensively I would be skeptical of any offensive that can retake Crimea. Any peace that may be able to be negotiated will most likely not include Russia giving this up or the territory connecting that region to Russia.

Propaganda is still the leading source of any information coming out of Ukraine. It looks like a stale mate at the moment, but Russia has still not gone all in. If I were a ukraunian general I would expect that if Russia can replace some of its soldiers with fresh soldiers they will change thier strategy to the American shock and awe strategy. This could be problematic to Ukraine as the new weapons they have aquired are most likely not on the battlefield in any kind of way. The training takes time, if the weapons will have impact they need that training. This is why I laugh at F-16s. The training alone will take too long to have impact.

Remember generals are politicians these days. Treat them as such.
It seems to be pointless to trust any of the numbers provided by either side. The website Moon of Alabama has a post today providing the numbers being lost by the Ukrainian side as provided by Russia. If those numbers are even close it’s hard to see how Ukraine has anything left. And if Ukraine has nothing left what’s keeping Russia from attacking right now? Russia told us wait until winter when the ground freezes and our tanks will do their thing. Well winter’s here. Where’s the invasion? There is no truth in warfare, only killing and more killing. There is a serious flaw in human nature that we keep doing this over and over.

It seems to be pointless to trust any of the numbers provided by either side. The website Moon of Alabama has a post today providing the numbers being lost by the Ukrainian side as provided by Russia. If those numbers are even close it’s hard to see how Ukraine has anything left. And if Ukraine has nothing left what’s keeping Russia from attacking right now? Russia told us wait until winter when the ground freezes and our tanks will do their thing. Well winter’s here. Where’s the invasion? There is no truth in warfare, only killing and more killing. There is a serious flaw in human nature that we keep doing this over and over.
You seem to have a good handle on it.

The big question i would have is how much money are we going to send to Ukraine. Eventuy Americans will tire of spending money on an outcome that no one even knows. That is why the general is out selling the war. Americans will pay as long as they think thier money is having results, but there are no results. When the people figure that out Biden is deep do do.

"...Western intelligence estimates put the number of Russian casualties close to 200,000.

Throughout 2023, the Russian forces have been suffering an average of 500 men killed or wounded every day, with highs of more than 1,000 losses in a day.

Overall, the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense claimed that as of Friday, Ukrainian forces have killed approximately 146,820 Russian troops (and wounded approximately twice to thrice that number),

Destroyed equipment includes: 299 fighter, attack, bomber, and transport jets, 287 attack and transport helicopters, 3,363 tanks, 2,363 artillery pieces, 6,600 armored personnel carriers and infantry fighting vehicles, 474 Multiple Launch Rocket Systems (MLRS), 18 boats and cutters, 5,224 vehicles and fuel tanks, 247 anti-aircraft batteries, 2,033 tactical unmanned aerial systems, 229 special equipment platforms, such as bridging vehicles, and four mobile Iskander ballistic missile systems, and 873 cruise missiles shot down by the Ukrainian air defenses...."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT