ADVERTISEMENT

Prolific and innovative legislation coming out of Dems House

It's unlikely they will get any meaningful legislation passed before the 2020 elections. They will be fighting for their political lives which means they will resort to every underhanded maneuver they know. The more that comes out about their coup attempt and the cover-up the more destructive they will be. Survival is their first allegiance.

Not a fan of either party as a whole, but the democratic party if filled to the brim now with unicornist. They see and pursue every angle to every investigation or scare mongering so its impossible for them to get anything of substance done. Read yesterday that 83% of democrats think the BS global warming myth is their greatest concern(granted didn't see the polling group or breakdown. Wished every poll was posted along with the breakdown of who answers what on the questions). That puts the "d" in dolts!

Them turning over the infrastructure package to Trump as long as they agree on an amount, tells me it is an attempt to corner Trump (probably over union votes). But its obvious whatever they agree on can't possibly get written, voted on, modified and implemented until after 2020. So it has to be an axe handle to beat Trump with until November of 2020.

With every 2, 4 & 6 years being about staying elected now and whoring themselves out to the highest bidder(s), I doubt they will every accomplish much unless there is some cataclysm event (another world war type deal or world wide depression). If the republicans are smart one bill I would be pushing right now is that the Federal Gov't will not bail cities/states out of unfunded liabilities or bankruptcies. Second they had better be working on a bill to do something about Social Security or at least make it voluntary. Lastly Dan Crenshaw needs to become more and more a face of the party, his potential is sky high.

Dammit, I spoke too soon. Taken from tMB:

Mahler16, post: 27436771: Read this, and remember three things we have been repeatedly assured of (generally in pompous, condescending tones) over the years by our friends on the left: 1) There is no slippery slope whatsoever, 2) they are the Party of Science, and 3) it's just a crazy fringe, and not mainstream.

"Every House Democrat but one has co-sponsored a bill requiring schools to allow male athletes who identify as transgender girls to compete on female sports teams.

Democrats’ Equality Act would amend the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to make “sexual orientation and gender identity” protected characteristics under federal anti-discrimination law. Among other things, the bill would force public schools to expand female athletic teams to include biological males who identify as transgender girls.

Sarah Warbelow, director of the left-wing Human Rights Campaign, praised the bill’s impact on high school sports in written testimony submitted to a House subcommittee on Tuesday.

“Opponents of equality in athletics for transgender athletes have argued that girls who are transgender have unfair physiological advantages over cisgender girls and as a result, will dominate women’s competitive sports,” Warbelow wrote, calling it not “rooted in fact” that biologically male athletes will outperform their female counterparts.

House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, a Democrat from New York, made a similar argument during an April 2 hearing his committee held on the legislation. (RELATED: Biological Male Is Top-Ranked NCAA Track Star)

“Many states have sexual orientation and gender identity nondiscrimination laws, and all of them still have women’s sports. Arguments about transgender athletes participating in sports in accordance with their gender identity having competitive advantages have not been borne out,” Nadler said in his opening statement."
[emphasis added]

Reactions: OSU_Orlando
Dammit, I spoke too soon. Taken from tMB:

Mahler16, post: 27436771: Read this, and remember three things we have been repeatedly assured of (generally in pompous, condescending tones) over the years by our friends on the left: 1) There is no slippery slope whatsoever, 2) they are the Party of Science, and 3) it's just a crazy fringe, and not mainstream.

"Every House Democrat but one has co-sponsored a bill requiring schools to allow male athletes who identify as transgender girls to compete on female sports teams.

Democrats’ Equality Act would amend the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to make “sexual orientation and gender identity” protected characteristics under federal anti-discrimination law. Among other things, the bill would force public schools to expand female athletic teams to include biological males who identify as transgender girls.

Sarah Warbelow, director of the left-wing Human Rights Campaign, praised the bill’s impact on high school sports in written testimony submitted to a House subcommittee on Tuesday.

“Opponents of equality in athletics for transgender athletes have argued that girls who are transgender have unfair physiological advantages over cisgender girls and as a result, will dominate women’s competitive sports,” Warbelow wrote, calling it not “rooted in fact” that biologically male athletes will outperform their female counterparts.

House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, a Democrat from New York, made a similar argument during an April 2 hearing his committee held on the legislation. (RELATED: Biological Male Is Top-Ranked NCAA Track Star)

“Many states have sexual orientation and gender identity nondiscrimination laws, and all of them still have women’s sports. Arguments about transgender athletes participating in sports in accordance with their gender identity having competitive advantages have not been borne out,” Nadler said in his opening statement."
[emphasis added]
When the HS kid that just ran a record 9.98 100 meter dash announces his transition will be great. America will be back on top in the Women’s Track World, screw the Jamaicans.

I'm all in favor of gender identity expression and sexual orientation being protected classes for housing and employment anti-descrimination law.

There is no real argument for having the right to fire someone for being gay or not rent a house to them because of any trans status they might have.

I'm all in favor of gender identity expression and sexual orientation being protected classes for housing and employment anti-descrimination law.

There is no real argument for having the right to fire someone for being gay or not rent a house to them because of any trans status they might have.

If anything in the article speaks to the things you listed, I didn't spot it. Racing girls against boys is about the extent of my beef.

I just didn't want those other SOGI protections lumped in with this crap.

Do I have to rent a house to someone who thinks they are a cat?

Do I have to rent a house to someone who thinks they are a cat?
Only if they are wearing this.

il_fullxfull.1155119490_60f7.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT