ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for tonight's GOT?

CBradSmith

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2005
I literally have none bc I'm conditioned to expect a curveball of the Ned Stark variety. Well, none will probably ever reach that level again, but still.

Anybody have a better vision of the future?

Wun Wun kills a bunch of Frey/Bolton soldiers and looks like he will be the key to victory before he is overwhelmed and killed. The tide turns against Jon's army and it appears they will lose. The Vale army shows up at the last minute to save the day. Littlefinger comes out smelling like a rose, and with Jon in his debt. Sansa kills Ramsay (who has managed to get the upper hand on Jon). Rickon is saved and stays at Winterfell to "rule" the North allowing Jon and Sansa to leave to seek revenge on Freys/Lannisters and to drum up an army to stand against the WW after they breach the wall.

Reactions: MegaPoke
I think Littlefinger finally gets what he deserves (gruesome death) just when you think he's going to save the day. Jon's savior will be someone we haven't thought of in a while.

Reactions: JonnyVito
Wun Wun kills a bunch of Frey/Bolton soldiers and looks like he will be the key to victory before he is overwhelmed and killed. The tide turns against Jon's army and it appears they will lose. The Vale army shows up at the last minute to save the day. Littlefinger comes out smelling like a rose, and with Jon in his debt. Sansa kills Ramsay (who has managed to get the upper hand on Jon). Rickon is saved and stays at Winterfell to "rule" the North allowing Jon and Sansa to leave to seek revenge on Freys/Lannisters and to drum up an army to stand against the WW after they breach the wall.

Everything up to the word Sansa I agree with.

Ramsey lives, Rickon doesn't.

I am questionable about Littlefinger in debt. I think Sansa told him to be there and she is going to play him under her thumb prob for a long time. If he really was remorseful then she has him PW.

I feel pretty confident that Ramsay will die. They have morphed him into a caricature. At some point the wall is going to have to fall and Winterfell will be the place from where the next line of defense is orchestrated. Not much point in having him floating around once he loses Winterfell.

I think Littlefinger finally gets what he deserves (gruesome death) just when you think he's going to save the day. Jon's savior will be someone we haven't thought of in a while.
My thinking is the brothers with no banners! Seemed like where heading north last episode.

Surely Ramsay can't kill a major good character can he? Let's say he kills Sansa and beats back Jons army. Jon spends the end of the season attempting to persuade little finger that they need to join forces for a second attack, after all Ramsey killed Sansa.

Longer-term Ramsey is just holed up at Winterfell, Jon and littlefinger do unite before the end of the season. But before they can coordinate an attack on Winterfell, the wall is breached and they are forced to divert their forces North.

Yes it's an off-the-wall prediction, but it's because I fully expect HBO or the writer to F us all in the B.

I think I'm about to watch that episode a second time....that was incredible!

Man, no other network on TV could have pulled off what HBO did tonight. Crazy episode. I felt like I didn't breath for an hour.

My only nitpick (and I hate to do it because the episode was awesome) is the North's memory sucks. I was really hoping some more northern house would rally to the Starks or betray Ramsay. The books seem to be playing out a lot different in that regard.

Between the seasons there was a casting call for a lord that sounded a lot like Manderly. I was hoping the North remembers speech would make its way in the show. That is one of the iconic parts of the book.

One hell of a show. Pretty much all the way around from Mareen to Winterfell. Quite possibly the best episode I can remember. I'm glad after a few clunkers.

Suprised Ramsey died. When that dog reached up and chomped him face I was honestly a little shocked. And Sansa walking away smiling... good times.

See I told you last week y'all were reading too much into Drogon just flies away... I knew there was going to be a campfire somewhere.

Imp gets all the best lines: "The Queen thanks you for her fleet."

Oh, and in the previews... is Littlefinger going to make another play for Sansa to join the Vale with Winterfell?

A bit too predictable for my taste. Bummed about Rickon though.

That was one of the most amazing cinematic battle sequences I've ever seen. I do graphics for a living and found myself impressed. We are spoiled when we see this quality of tv and call it predictable! But yeah - if you read my spoiler post and the Reddit thread translating Sansa's note, it played out nicely.

What's the cliffhanger next week?

Reactions: Been Jammin
Virtually everything played out the way most expected it to. I was wrong about who would bring the cavalry to John's aid. I actually was hoping Gendry would appear, although I admit I had no idea where he would have quietly come up with a couple thousand mounted Knights.

I despise Littlefinger and everything he says so much that I refused to believe Sansa would turn to him for help. I stupidly underestimated her hatred of Ramsey.

I was sure HBO could supply Gendry an army out of nowhere, especially after Yara and Theon magically appeared in Dani's court. Tyrion must have thought, "Damn, I should have waited and come over with you guys."

I asked last week if their ships might supplement those of the Masters when Dani heads home, but I thought they might not get to Mereen until next season, or at least next week, for cryin' out loud.

My question this week: Will Dani and Yara play "Little Man in the Boat" in the bathtub together? That was a pretty hot handshake.

I wonder if HBO is seeing a dip in interest and viewership and has told the producers to hurry up and get it over with. It would be interesting to know how many of each week's 6-8 million viewers have read the books.

Readers, imho, prolly want the series to keep going while most non-readers don't want to know every detail about the life of every character and are at the point of just wanting to know how it ends.

I said before last season that I thought HBO was going to wrapup the whole thing in 10 more episodes after this year. Now, they say 13 more over two seasons and they do seem to be throwing everything together like drunken cobblers with a deadline to meet.

Virtually everything played out the way most expected it to. I was wrong about who would bring the cavalry to John's aid. I actually was hoping Gendry would appear, although I admit I had no idea where he would have quietly come up with a couple thousand mounted Knights.

I despise Littlefinger and everything he says so much that I refused to believe Sansa would turn to him for help. I stupidly underestimated her hatred of Ramsey.

I was sure HBO could supply Gendry an army out of nowhere, especially after Yara and Theon magically appeared in Dani's court. Tyrion must have thought, "Damn, I should have waited and come over with you guys."

I asked last week if their ships might supplement those of the Masters when Dani heads home, but I thought they might not get to Mereen until next season, or at least next week, for cryin' out loud.

My question this week: Will Dani and Yara play "Little Man in the Boat" in the bathtub together? That was a pretty hot handshake.

I wonder if HBO is seeing a dip in interest and viewership and has told the producers to hurry up and get it over with. It would be interesting to know how many of each week's 6-8 million viewers have read the books.

Readers, imho, prolly want the series to keep going while most non-readers don't want to know every detail about the life of every character and are at the point of just wanting to know how it ends.

I said before last season that I thought HBO was going to wrapup the whole thing in 10 more episodes after this year. Now, they say 13 more over two seasons and they do seem to be throwing everything together like drunken cobblers with a deadline to meet.

Where does this Gendry idea come from? My brother-in-law was talking about it yesterday before the episode. I don't get it. He doesn't know Jon, Sansa, Ramsay and has never been in the North. Why would he have any interest in Winterfell? As you already pointed out, where would his soldiers come from? Is the only thing behind the theory that the episode was named "Battle of the Bastards" and Gendry is a bastard?

With that said, you can certainly see that HBO is starting the process of wrapping things up. A lot of folks now seem to be converging on Winterfell and the Wall. Jon, Sansa, Davos, Littlefinger, Melisandre already there. Most likely Brienne and Pod are heading back there. I'm guessing Sam and Gilly are heading there since they are on the run from his father (and he has a Valyrian steel sword). Arya said she is going there. Dondarion and Thoros told the Hound that they are heading north.

Meanwhile, Dani is finally about to head back to Westeros and is now hanging with another group of important characters (Tyrion, Yara, Theon, Daario, Grey Worm, Missandei). I am wondering if maybe HBO is using the Iron Islands as a way to speed up Dani's arrival in the North. If they go directly from Mereen to the Iron Islands, they will be really close to the North. When the S hits the fan in the North, she could take her dragons/army there while Cersei and the High Sparrow are fighting for control of Kings Landing. I think she always thought that when she headed for Westeros, her goal would be KL and the Iron Throne. I think the Iron Islands is being used to detour Dani away from KL and toward Winterfell.

One other point. Where the hell was Ghost during that battle last night? I think leaving him out was a significant oversight by HBO.

Thought the same thing. HBO has basically written the dire wolves out of the show.

Thought the same thing. HBO has basically written the dire wolves out of the show.

Yup. They are avoiding CGI like Greyscale. That is how I knew Wun Wun would die last night. Ghost would have been by Jon's side ripping out throats. If they didn't want to do that, they should have come up with a reason why he wasn't there (like maybe Jon forced him to stay by Sansa's side and keep her safe). He is the only dire wolf left now (I doubt we see Nymeria again). I'm guessing he will survive until the end, as last night would have been the perfect opportunity to kill him if they wanted to.

So are we supposed to believe the Vale showed up at the last minute or that Sansa had them in reserve and kept it a secret?

She sent them a message. I think they just arrived

Agree. They were either at Moat Cailin or Deepwood Motte (I can't remember which). It doesn't seem that much time has passed since Sansa sent her note to them there, so, it seems unlikely that they would have arrived a day or two prior to the battle.

So did anyone catch the mention of one wild fire stash that is under the Sept of Balor? Looks like the HS is gonna burn baby burn. Watch out for ole Cersie chick has a mean streak.

Reactions: Orange Jennyslipper
One other point. Where the hell was Ghost during that battle last night? I think leaving him out was a significant oversight by HBO.
For a second at the end. I thought Ghost to come out and end Ramsey.

A lot of CGI last night between Wun Wun and the Dragons with their fire. Not to mention all the boats and flying fireball. Most of Mareen has to be CGI. They are so good at it you actually start to believe there is a dragon flying around.

So sansa is knocked up right? She tells littlefinger she feels everyday what Ramsey did to her and then last night Ramsey tells her he's a part of her. Got to be pregnant right?

Reactions: JonnyVito
So sansa is knocked up right? She tells littlefinger she feels everyday what Ramsey did to her and then last night Ramsey tells her he's a part of her. Got to be pregnant right?

Plus the bulky clothes all season. They sure seem to be dropping a lot of hints

They have been going with the most direct route to ending the story so far, I don't see what Sansa having Ramsay's child does for the story, except for more bad news for Sansa. It seems like they are finally getting away from that.

Am I the only one that thinks bringing your dog to a medieval bloodbath is a bad idea? I must be missing something.

Seriously? Are you suggesting that Jon had a good reason to not want Ghost there? I sure can't think of one. I know that if I was in the midst of that mess I would feel a lot better with a wing(dog)man watching my back.

Seriously? Are you suggesting that Jon had a good reason to not want Ghost there? I sure can't think of one. I know that if I was in the midst of that mess I would feel a lot better with a wing(dog)man watching my back.
No, no. I'm sure a battle that resulted in a heaping mound of dead human bodies, dead horses, and a dead giant would be an excellent place for a dog. :)

some of yall have an unhealthy obsession with the whole wolf thing

I just have an obsession with good story telling.

Let's give this protagonist a best friend who follows him everywhere and keeps him safe. Let's have this best friend save his bacon on multiple occasions. Let's make it clear that this best friend is ultra protective and isn't always predictable if someone were to pose a threat to our protagonist.

Now, let's send our protagonist into an extremely dangerous battle where he is surrounded by enemies, and leave his best friend/protector entirely out of the episode with no explanation as to why he is not included.

Just give me a throwaway line...

"Don't worry Sansa, Ghost will stay by your side and keep Ramsay from getting close to you".
"Ghost, stay here and keep young Lady Mormont safe".
"I would feel safer if Ghost were here, but it is going to take a few weeks for him to recover from that trap he stepped in 2 days ago".

Only thing I didn't like is Ricon lightly jogging away while Ramsey casually flung arrows at him.

Really? After the first arrow lands you don't kick it into Carl Lewis gear and start zig zagging and shit?

You just jog, in a straight line? Cmon man!
You gotta throw a zig and zag in there!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT