ADVERTISEMENT

Potentially Interesting Case

aix_xpert

Heisman Winner
Sep 5, 2001

“A state cannot simply declare federal laws invalid,” said Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Brian Boynton, head of the Justice Department’s Civil Division, in a statement. “This act makes enforcement of federal firearms laws difficult and strains the important law enforcement partnerships that help keep violent criminals off the street.”

Was reading this article which contained the quote above. I'll be curious as to how this plays out, given that the exact same positions could be applied against sanctuary cities who choose not to enforce federal immigration laws. Who gets to choose which Federal laws can be ignored at that state and city level and which can't?

Oh that’s easy. When the left doesn’t like a law then non-enforcement is stunning and brave and patriotic resistance etc etc etc.

When they like a law then anyone that questions it is racist and sexist and fascist and threat to democracy and norms and institutions and Jim Crow and kkk and so on.

“A state cannot simply declare federal laws invalid,” said Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Brian Boynton, head of the Justice Department’s Civil Division, in a statement. “This act makes enforcement of federal firearms laws difficult and strains the important law enforcement partnerships that help keep violent criminals off the street.”

Was reading this article which contained the quote above. I'll be curious as to how this plays out, given that the exact same positions could be applied against sanctuary cities who choose not to enforce federal immigration laws. Who gets to choose which Federal laws can be ignored at that state and city level and which can't?
States created the Fed- ONLY to deal with international commerce.....and now here we are

Reactions: AC2020
Marijuana laws could finally be upended?
Another potential implication of the ruling. Like I said, this case could become very interesting in regards to the legal precedents set. I can easily see this going all the way to the Supreme Court, and frankly, I'm not sure which way the SC would rule.

Another potential implication of the ruling. Like I said, this case could become very interesting in regards to the legal precedents set. I can easily see this going all the way to the Supreme Court, and frankly, I'm not sure which way the SC would rule.
We all know without question how three of them will rule.

We all know without question how three of them will rule.
I assume you mean that they will support the liberal gun control position. It will be interesting to see them do so, while trying to avoid setting the precedents that will eliminate sanctuary cities and would outlaw MJ.

So we can look for these morons to start enforcing immigration laws now, especially the sanctuary city BS....man I'm happy!

They know the one thing standing between their commie asses is the fact so many Americans are armed and won't tolerate turning this country into a complete third world shit hole.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
So we can look for these morons to start enforcing immigration laws now, especially the sanctuary city BS....man I'm happy!

They know the one thing standing between their commie asses is the fact so many Americans are armed and won't tolerate turning this country into a complete third world shit hole.
Want the leftists to change their position on the power of the federal government? Elect Republicans and see how fast they change their tune.

Guess them Missouri scofflaws gonna learn that each must mind their Uncle Sam
Yep, right along those scofflaws from 29 different states who have legalized MJ, plus all the "sanctuary city" scofflaws out there. Either we enforce all the federal laws, or we don't. Doesn't make much since to cherry pick'em.

Who gets to choose which Federal laws can be ignored at that state and city level and which can't?
The executive branches of those governments who must allocate limited resources to enforcing the laws.

Yep, right along those scofflaws from 29 different states who have legalized MJ, plus all the "sanctuary city" scofflaws out there. Either we enforce all the federal laws, or we don't. Doesn't make much since to cherry pick'em.
Agree 100%, but have zero faith the US AG will not selectively pursue enforcement of fed law.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT