ADVERTISEMENT

Ruby Ridge --

SquatchinPoke

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2021
You must understand history or we will repeat it. This is one of the grosses over steps of the Feds maybe up till Waco. Do not give these lefties an inch anymore. You guys are getting back to old habits....

Ruby Ridge was the site of an eleven-day siege in 1992 in Boundary County, Idaho, near Naples. It began on August 21, when deputies of the United States Marshals Service (USMS) initiated action to apprehend and arrest Randy Weaver under a bench warrant after his failure to appear on firearms charges. Given three conflicting dates for his court appearance, and suspecting a conspiracy against him, Weaver refused to surrender, and members of his immediate family, and family friend Kevin Harris, resisted as well. The Hostage Rescue Team of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI HRT) became involved as the siege developed.

During the USMS reconnoiter of the Weaver property, six U.S. Marshals encountered Harris and Weaver's 14-year-old son, Sammy, in woods near the family cabin. A shootout took place. Deputy U.S. Marshal William Francis Degan, Sammy Weaver, and the Weavers' dog, Striker, all died as a result. In the subsequent siege of the Weaver residence, led by the FBI, Weaver's wife Vicki was killed by FBI sniper fire. All casualties occurred in the first two days of the operation. The siege and standoff were ultimately resolved by civilian negotiators. Harris surrendered and was arrested on August 30, while Weaver and his three daughters surrendered the next day.

Randy Weaver and Kevin Harris were subsequently arraigned on a variety of federal criminal charges, including first-degree murder for the death of Degan. Harris was acquitted of all charges, and Weaver was acquitted of all charges except for the original bail condition violation for the firearms charges and for having missed his original court date. He was fined $10,000 and sentenced to eighteen months in prison, credited with time served plus an additional three months, and released after sixteen months.[1][2][page needed]

During the federal criminal trial of Weaver and Harris, Weaver's attorney, Gerry Spence, made accusations of criminal wrongdoing against the agencies involved in the incident, in particular the FBI, the USMS, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF), and the United States Attorney's Office (USAO) for Idaho. At the trial's end, the Department of Justice's Office of Professional Responsibility formed the Ruby Ridge Task Force (RRTF) to investigate Spence's charges. A redacted HTML version of the RRTF report, publicly released by Lexis Counsel Connect, raised questions about all the participating agencies' conduct and policies. The Justice Department later posted a more complete PDF version of the report.[3][4]

Both the Weaver family and Harris brought civil suits against the federal government over the firefight and siege. The Weavers won a combined out-of-court settlement in August 1995 of $3.1 million. After numerous appeals, Harris was awarded a $380,000 settlement in September 2000.

To answer public questions about Ruby Ridge, the Senate Subcommittee on Terrorism, Technology and Government Information held hearings between September 6 and October 19, 1995, and subsequently issued a report calling for reforms in federal law enforcement to prevent a repeat of the losses of life at Ruby Ridge and restore public confidence in federal law enforcement.[5] It was noted that the Ruby Ridge incident and the 1993 Waco siege involved many of the same agencies (FBI HRT and ATF) and some of the same personnel (the FBI HRT commander). The Government Accountability Office (GAO) also conducted a review of federal policies about use of deadly force, publishing it in 1995.

In 1997, the Boundary County prosecutor indicted FBI HRT sniper Lon Horiuchi for manslaughter before the statute of limitations for the charge could expire; the case, Idaho v. Horiuchi, was moved to federal court, which has jurisdiction over federal agents.[6] The case was dismissed because of the supremacy clause. The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ruled in 2001 that Horiuchi could be tried on state charges. A new county prosecutor, Brett Benson, had been elected in 2000 and dismissed the case, saying it was unlikely the state would be able to prove the criminal charges. Benson's decision was controversial.[7][8]

The events that took place at Ruby Ridge, and the law enforcement response during the Waco siege roughly six months later, have been cited by commentators as catalysts for the Oklahoma City bombing by Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols.[9]

I’ve mentioned this on here before, Randy Weaver lived in my hometown of Jefferson, Iowa. We were back for a Christmas after this happened. We were at the local bar with with some old friends and Randy Weaver was sitting at the bar by himself. I wanted to tell him how bad he got screwed over, but was told by friends to not.

Last edited:
Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Crazy how this basically led to Tim going down to Waco and getting inspired even more down there. Evil + Evil only equals evil.

Was there even and FBI or other government official that was a part of Ruby Ridge or Waco in OKC?

You must understand history or we will repeat it. This is one of the grosses over steps of the Feds maybe up till Waco. Do not give these lefties an inch anymore. You guys are getting back to old habits....

Ruby Ridge was the site of an eleven-day siege in 1992 in Boundary County, Idaho, near Naples. It began on August 21, when deputies of the United States Marshals Service (USMS) initiated action to apprehend and arrest Randy Weaver under a bench warrant after his failure to appear on firearms charges. Given three conflicting dates for his court appearance, and suspecting a conspiracy against him, Weaver refused to surrender, and members of his immediate family, and family friend Kevin Harris, resisted as well. The Hostage Rescue Team of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI HRT) became involved as the siege developed.

During the USMS reconnoiter of the Weaver property, six U.S. Marshals encountered Harris and Weaver's 14-year-old son, Sammy, in woods near the family cabin. A shootout took place. Deputy U.S. Marshal William Francis Degan, Sammy Weaver, and the Weavers' dog, Striker, all died as a result. In the subsequent siege of the Weaver residence, led by the FBI, Weaver's wife Vicki was killed by FBI sniper fire. All casualties occurred in the first two days of the operation. The siege and standoff were ultimately resolved by civilian negotiators. Harris surrendered and was arrested on August 30, while Weaver and his three daughters surrendered the next day.

Randy Weaver and Kevin Harris were subsequently arraigned on a variety of federal criminal charges, including first-degree murder for the death of Degan. Harris was acquitted of all charges, and Weaver was acquitted of all charges except for the original bail condition violation for the firearms charges and for having missed his original court date. He was fined $10,000 and sentenced to eighteen months in prison, credited with time served plus an additional three months, and released after sixteen months.[1][2][page needed]

During the federal criminal trial of Weaver and Harris, Weaver's attorney, Gerry Spence, made accusations of criminal wrongdoing against the agencies involved in the incident, in particular the FBI, the USMS, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF), and the United States Attorney's Office (USAO) for Idaho. At the trial's end, the Department of Justice's Office of Professional Responsibility formed the Ruby Ridge Task Force (RRTF) to investigate Spence's charges. A redacted HTML version of the RRTF report, publicly released by Lexis Counsel Connect, raised questions about all the participating agencies' conduct and policies. The Justice Department later posted a more complete PDF version of the report.[3][4]

Both the Weaver family and Harris brought civil suits against the federal government over the firefight and siege. The Weavers won a combined out-of-court settlement in August 1995 of $3.1 million. After numerous appeals, Harris was awarded a $380,000 settlement in September 2000.

To answer public questions about Ruby Ridge, the Senate Subcommittee on Terrorism, Technology and Government Information held hearings between September 6 and October 19, 1995, and subsequently issued a report calling for reforms in federal law enforcement to prevent a repeat of the losses of life at Ruby Ridge and restore public confidence in federal law enforcement.[5] It was noted that the Ruby Ridge incident and the 1993 Waco siege involved many of the same agencies (FBI HRT and ATF) and some of the same personnel (the FBI HRT commander). The Government Accountability Office (GAO) also conducted a review of federal policies about use of deadly force, publishing it in 1995.

In 1997, the Boundary County prosecutor indicted FBI HRT sniper Lon Horiuchi for manslaughter before the statute of limitations for the charge could expire; the case, Idaho v. Horiuchi, was moved to federal court, which has jurisdiction over federal agents.[6] The case was dismissed because of the supremacy clause. The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ruled in 2001 that Horiuchi could be tried on state charges. A new county prosecutor, Brett Benson, had been elected in 2000 and dismissed the case, saying it was unlikely the state would be able to prove the criminal charges. Benson's decision was controversial.[7][8]

The events that took place at Ruby Ridge, and the law enforcement response during the Waco siege roughly six months later, have been cited by commentators as catalysts for the Oklahoma City bombing by Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols.[9]
Ruby Ridge is a classic example of the abuse of power going on with an out of control centralized
govt- and now it's getting worse prob exponentially

Reactions: TPOKE and AC2020
Crazy how this basically led to Tim going down to Waco and getting inspired even more down there. Evil + Evil only equals evil.

Was there even and FBI or other government official that was a part of Ruby Ridge or Waco in OKC?
Waco, had OKC ATF at it, and they officed at the APM if I remember correctly.

I heard yrs ago Tim originally planned to bomb the Federal Building in downtown Little Rock. From his biography,

"He said he scouted other targets, rejecting a building in Little Rock, Ark., because it had a florist shop."

"I messed up, because within blocks is the main Little Rock federal building, and from pictures I've seen, it would have been a better target than the Murrah Building," he said."

Hum I was in 5th grade when when he bombed OKC so those facts weren’t something I retained. It’s crazy how these all intertwine.
There is a lot more than that, feel free to take the dive into the Clinton years and what was going on behind the scenes. Clinton is probably my favorite Democrat during my lifetime, but he has more hidden secrets than an espionage agent in Berlin in 1942.

There is a lot more than that, feel free to take the dive into the Clinton years and what was going on behind the scenes. Clinton is probably my favorite Democrat during my lifetime, but he has more hidden secrets than an espionage agent in Berlin in 1942.
Oh it was fully the Clintons and IMO one reason they are still so powerful. I am about to take a week break and might pick this up as a bit of a research project any sites I should make sure to browse on this?

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Oh it was fully the Clintons and IMO one reason they are still so powerful. I am about to take a week break and might pick this up as a bit of a research project any sites I should make sure to browse on this?
Calling me out on that one. Not my area of expertise. Go back and find the NY Times articles on the Clinton scandals. The ruby ridge and Waco incidents are harder to dive into. They both have congressional investigations, I would start there. You have to sort through a bunch of conspiracy theorists after that.

We teach about this in my US History class. Ruby Ridge, Waco, OKC Bombing are all tied in together with the right-wing radical militia movement. Timothy McVeigh was actually in Waco during the standoff selling shirts that said something to the effect of "F--- the government."

We teach about this in my US History class. Ruby Ridge, Waco, OKC Bombing are all tied in together with the right-wing radical militia movement. Timothy McVeigh was actually in Waco during the standoff selling shirts that said something to the effect of "F--- the government."
Yep he watched the whole thing go down. It is what changed him into a terrorist from a radical IMO.

Yep he watched the whole thing go down. It is what changed him into a terrorist from a radical IMO.
The thing about Waco is that both sides were in the wrong. David Koresh was one messed up dude who convinced a whole bunch of people to go down a suicidal path. And, of course, the dude was stockpiling weapons that would make the army of a small country envious, not to mention having sex with underage girls that would make a Hollywood producer envious. The government needed to go in and arrest him, but they massively screwed that up.

Kay Pollard Griggs says Tim McVeigh was operating under the tutelage of her husband, Col. George Griggs, U.S. Marines Chief of Staff, head of Special Operations under Admiral Kelso of NATO, Princeton graduate (class of 1959) and graduate of the NATO Defense College in Rome, spy and Special Ops assassin from the period of the Vietnam War onward. Griggs stated that her husband was close to the Bushes among other well-known figures.

If those shirts are still available I want one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT