ADVERTISEMENT

PAC 12 Landing Spots

CowboyMedic

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2009
Anyone know where everyone is going? We know ASU is coming to us bur what about ORSU, UA-LR?

You don’t need CSB and Cal Poly to take the other two but I get your point.
Cal State Bakersfield was a Powerhouse when they had Joe Seay (Who Coached Oklahoma State to 2 NCAA Titles) and TJ Kerr and CSB Produced lots of standout Individuals Adam and Dan Cuestas, John Azevedo, Jesse Reyes (Was Assistant at Oklahoma State), Darryl Pope, Marvin Jones, Junior Saunders (Olympic Silver Medalist), Eric Middlestead, Rich Bailey, Matt Oegnik, Pat Huyck and more lots more. they have had some bad years lately but hopefully they can get back to the levell they were under Seay and then Kerr.

CSB also brought OSU an All American in Eddie Woodburn, who actually was my coach. Lol

And I agree on bringing them all in, competition wise the Cali schools may not be super competitive at first but being in the big 12 could help? For the sports sake we need as many healthy college programs as possible, prob the right move if it helps these programs/helps them stick around. UA-LR, OrSU add to an already very competitive Big 12, which would be awesome.

Ya I agree it helps them but doesn’t help us IMO is all. All for the sport growing or staying strong though so again I get it.

Ya I agree it helps them but doesn’t help us IMO is all. All for the sport growing or staying strong though so again I get it.
I agree, in a selfish perfect world we would take OrSU, UA-LR, ASU obvi, and then pick up the ACC teams. They have 6 teams, no disrespect but their conference tournament is 2 matches. Also can’t imagine ACC coaches are pumped with the allocations they got this year. If any of them go to SEC, would be nice to pick them up. We’ve made gains in last couple years on Big 10, but any of these additions help us.

Also I do think the smaller programs are getting better in the big 12, UNI and SDSU are good and getting better! Others have definitely improved.

Reactions: bwel9339
What Little Rock has done in such a short period of time is impressive. They currently have 2 guys ranked in the top 10 and a total of 5 guys ranked. All with eligibility left. And I am talking about building a program completely from scratch in 4-5 years, not a rebuild. I will absolutely take Little Rock in the Big 12 bc at this rate they will surpass OU.

What Little Rock has done in such a short period of time is impressive. They currently have 2 guys ranked in the top 10 and a total of 5 guys ranked. All with eligibility left. And I am talking about building a program completely from scratch in 4-5 years, not a rebuild. I will absolutely take Little Rock in the Big 12 bc at this rate they will surpass OU.
We should have already taken UA-LR in instead of CBU.

Not to mention, Arkansas is not a hotbed for wrestling

Reactions: TheJimReaper
I believe you are correct. As I recall, UO vetoed it, saying there were enough John Smith protégé’s already coaching in the B12. We picked up Cal Baptist instead. I would definitely be in favor of adding Little Rock and Oregon State.
Wasn't the complaint there would be too many John Smith people in the conference? Would love UALR, Erisman is awesome and has done a great job.

That was the rumor as to why, now I don't know if OU was the only team to veto it and they are the reason. Honestly not fair for Little Rock as they would be in a even better situation if they had joined a few years back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT