ADVERTISEMENT

Pac-12 Realignment

Okie_Pat

2nd Team
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2022
Does anyone have any information on what the remaining Pac-12 teams will be doing next year? I believe as it stands right now there are only 4 teams left with Oregon St, Little Rock, Cal Poly and CSU Bakersfield. It seems pointless to only have 4 teams in a conference so just wondering if there are any plans for them to join another conference or possibly have other schools to join them. While the Pac-12 currently has 6 teams I do not think this is ideal moving forward and personally think 8 teams would be sufficient.

Does anyone have any information on what the remaining Pac-12 teams will be doing next year? I believe as it stands right now there are only 4 teams left with Oregon St, Little Rock, Cal Poly and CSU Bakersfield. It seems pointless to only have 4 teams in a conference so just wondering if there are any plans for them to join another conference or possibly have other schools to join them. While the Pac-12 currently has 6 teams I do not think this is ideal moving forward and personally think 8 teams would be sufficient.
There’s no way they get auto qualifiers with 4 teams I would think. No reason the big12 couldn’t absorb them IMO

PAC-12 is hurting next year

Reactions: bwel9339
With ASU joining the Big-12 next year that would make up 14 teams. I would love to have Oregon St join as a affiliate member and Little Rock just due to location. That would bring the Big-12 to 16 teams and make for a really good conference championship.

th
With ASU joining the Big-12 next year that would make up 14 teams. I would love to have Oregon St join as a affiliate member and Little Rock just due to location. That would bring the Big-12 to 16 teams and make for a really good conference championship.
that leaves cal poly and Bakersfield out in the cold, which would probably lead to dropped programs. Not a good outcome. But, I hate pigtails....

So, lets send OU and MO to the MAC :)

Reactions: NCcowboy
With ASU joining the Big-12 next year that would make up 14 teams. I would love to have Oregon St join as an affiliate member and Little Rock just due to location. That would bring the Big-12 to 16 teams and make for a really good conference championship.
I’d love to add Oregon State. Why not add them and get rid of Cal Baptist? Cal Baptist didn’t win one match at Big 12’s last year. Seems like they would fit well with those other Cal schools from a location and competitive standpoint. Gotta think the ACC is in danger of imploding and it would be nice to add Virginia Tech, NC State and Pitt from that conference, works for wrestling and all the other sports.

With ASU joining the Big-12 next year that would make up 14 teams. I would love to have Oregon St join as an affiliate member and Little Rock just due to location. That would bring the Big-12 to 16 teams and make for a really good conference championship.
I would love Oregon st and Little Rock. Both teams are on the rise and I love the Stillwater ties.

I’d love to add Oregon State. Why not add them and get rid of Cal Baptist? Cal Baptist didn’t win one match at Big 12’s last year. Seems like they would fit well with those other Cal schools from a location and competitive standpoint. Gotta think the ACC is in danger of imploding and it would be nice to add Virginia Tech, NC State and Pitt from that conference, works for wrestling and all the other sports.
I think they keep Cal Baptist in Big 12 for recruiting purposes. A presence in California is pretty important

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
NC STATE all day

Reactions: bwel9339
Tried to get Messenbrink who wrestled for Cal Baptist
Yeah for about 1/2 a semester and then took off to PSU. Point was, Cal Baptist doesn’t give us an advantage by having them in the big 12
Point is A Good Wrestler can come from anywhere, And California is a Good State for Recruiting, granted it is not Pennsylvania, Ohio and a few others

Reactions: tom_v31
No one is arguing that Cali isn’t a good state to recruit. The argument is having CBU doesn’t help us recruit Cali. Which it doesn’t.

I think with ASU coming in and if we could get OrSU and maybe convince byu or Colorado to bring back wrestling that would establish the big12 out west more which would help. I don’t think you have to drop CBU to do that but I also don’t think it makes a lick of difference to have them.

Olejnek’s family wrestled at Bakersfield, I’m cool with picking all four teams up. Look how much the Big 12 has helped SDSU, I love the fact that these new programs are “all in” on the B12!
Makes the sport better when N. Col., Air Force, NDSU programs can qualify folks and have high all Americans.

The reason why you see acc or big ten incorporate west coast teams is to create a presence on the west coast. It’s not for the financial gaines of traveling and competing with those teams. The more of presence a team has in that at area, the more top-of-mind awareness that team has on the people in that area. So, the more touches OSU has in California, only benefits OSU’s presence and to- of-mind awareness they have in the community.
Why do you think OSU has duals in Texas. It is to increase our presence there and help recruiting

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT