ADVERTISEMENT

OK Teacher walkout

My wife left this morning at 5:15 from Bartlesville. They are all caravanning down.

So did Oklahoma not pass that 6K raise, or did they get that and are striking regardless?

Spending district funds for fuel for buses to transport teachers to the capitol for personal protests? I hope not.

LOL that's perfect. With all the issues, you focus on who paid for the gas. This should be bronzed as the perfect conservative observation.

I had a lengthy talk with a guy that runs a division of a state agency. He's attending. He said he thinks the one guy in their office that won't go is the one guy that constantly bitches about his pay. That particular guy is an arch-conservative that can't believe they aren't paying him more, but refuses to go.

LOL that's perfect. With all the issues, you focus on who paid for the gas. This should be bronzed as the perfect conservative observation.

I had a lengthy talk with a guy that runs a division of a state agency. He's attending. He said he thinks the one guy in their office that won't go is the one guy that constantly bitches about his pay. That particular guy is an arch-conservative that can't believe they aren't paying him more, but refuses to go.

cool story.

you ok

with spending personal funds for classroom materials?
Nope. But with all this hair on fire about funding, it doesn't seem to fit to burn school funds I'm told aren't available to bus a bunch of teachers 100 miles for a personal protest. Knowing the gas mileage of buses and the cost of fuel, that money could have been used to buy classroom supplies, no?

I support almost every aspect of what the teachers want, but I'm also a firm believer that the optics should correlate with the crisis.

I'm not sure I've ever encountered such a binary thinker. It's your beliefs and anything that doesn't coincide 100% is them conthervatifths. A 0 or a 1.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Spending district funds for fuel for buses to transport teachers to the capitol for personal protests? I hope not.
I can't speak for other districts but our teachers paid for the gas, bus rental, and driver out of their own pocket.

Reactions: OSUIvan
I can't speak for other districts but our teachers paid for the gas, bus rental, and driver out of their own pocket.
I have no problem with that. I would hope that's the case in every district. I looked at the original tweet I responded to and those appear to be charters.

Reactions: 3putt
I support the teachers, but money will not fix education. The growth in per student spending since the 70's here in the US has had NO impact on student test scores.
I support teachers.

I don’t support the teachers union or the method of a lock-out. I don’t support activities which provide leverage because they harm education of young people.

I have no problem with that. I would hope that's the case in every district. I looked at the original tweet I responded to and those appear to be charters.
I hope so too medic. Believe me I'm torn right down the middle on this issue. This state needs to do a better job funding our schools but just throwing more money at the problem isn't the answer. Especially at the tax payers expense.

Reactions: Medic007
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT