ADVERTISEMENT

OK GOPers thoughts on proposed bill

blbronco

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2002

So, what is the support for this bill? If there is a lot of support for this, holy crap. The GOP has one job right now, and that is to be less insane than the DNC.

I have not read the bill, but curious to hear from those that this could affect if what is being reported is fairly accurate (not a given with today's media).

I was just reading yahoo news (I know, I know....) and saw this pop up.

That guy is a loon from Norman.

I'm not sure what problem it is even attempting to address.

Reactions: CowboyJD
That guy is a loon from Norman.

I'm not sure what problem it is even attempting to address.
Ok, cool. I did not know if there was going to be any traction. I have not followed politics in OK for a very long time, other than happy to see that Frank Lucas's career kept going.

Ok, cool. I did not know if there was going to be any traction. I have not followed politics in OK for a very long time, other than happy to see that Frank Lucas's career kept going.
I doubt that even sees a committee hearing. Just virtue signaling.

Reactions: launch
Um, DNC has no room to complain about bullying, censoring, restrict speech, etc.

So?

So you're gonna whatabout what Oklahoma state government is doing by generalized bitching about the DNC. What has the DNC done that matches this?

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
Can we just stick with reading, writing, and arithmetic? So simple, that will help people be college ready when they step on campus and to pursue a meaningful degree that can get them a job.

Also, make sure each school brings back shop classes and PE.

There is zero reason for teachers IMO to sticking their noses in religion, man made gender identities, or discussing politics.

The DNC doesn’t have to lift a finger. A beautiful thing you’ve got going for you.
I'd love to hear anything that crazy out of the DNC.

We won't find it, though. It was nothing but an attempt to "whatabout" away from repubican lunacy and authoritarianism.

Crazy how the board can be presented with a ridiculous anti-speech, snowflake bill and the cult wants to talk about democrats, lol. Can't make this up.

It's 1 of 1,000 shining point of hypocrisy from the GOP. The same people that whine about personal freedoms are apparently fine with this.

So?

So you're gonna whatabout what Oklahoma state government is doing by generalized bitching about the DNC. What has the DNC done that matches this?
Do you not think that the DNC at local and national scales have bullied or restricted speech as well?

One OK state representative proposing an incredibly stupid bill is one thing. If it was getting support, that would be another. GOP has plenty of nutty actors, but yes, the DNC does as well.

I think we could all have a good time listing the wackos from both parties and the insane proposals they have put out there. Hell, it might even be cathartic.

So?

I’ve said for years that having a mentally ill leftist party would lead Oklahoma down the road of a hand maidens tale. We are very clear about the poison we would rather have.

Reactions: iasooner2000

We won't find it, though. It was nothing but an attempt to "whatabout" away from repubican lunacy and authoritarianism.

Crazy how the board can be presented with a ridiculous anti-speech, snowflake bill and the cult wants to talk about democrats, lol. Can't make this up.

It's 1 of 1,000 shining point of hypocrisy from the GOP. The same people that whine about personal freedoms are apparently fine with this.
The cult wants to talk about democrats? I get you like to troll, but your game has been way off the past few days. And if you think I am part of the GOP cult, LMAO. The topic was this bill and if there was support. You took it, tried to generalize it as an "only the GOP does this kind of thing" jab, and got called out on it.

This bill is insane. If there was any real support, especially if there was enough to get it past just being proposed by this legislator, you could legitimately go into your tirade against a generalized GOP.

The cult wants to talk about democrats? I get you like to troll, but your game has been way off the past few days. And if you think I am part of the GOP cult, LMAO. The topic was this bill and if there was support. You took it, tried to generalize it as an "only the GOP does this kind of thing" jab, and got called out on it.

This bill is insane. If there was any real support, especially if there was enough to get it past just being proposed by this legislator, you could legitimately go into your tirade against a generalized GOP.

You try way too hard to be coolest guy on the board lol. When Democrats have some say again in Oklahoma politics, wake me up. Otherwise, your empty whining about insane GOP bills while the right wing nut jobs get re-elected in this state is just blithering fvcking nonsense from a troll of a kettle smoking his pot.

You try way too hard to be coolest guy on the board lol. When Democrats have some say again in Oklahoma politics, wake me up. Otherwise, your empty whining about insane GOP bills while the right wing nut jobs get re-elected in this state is just blithering fvcking nonsense from a troll of a kettle smoking his pot.
Everyone knows I am far and away the coolest guy on this board, so the rest of you need to chill and accept the best you can hope for is to be second coolest.

The guy is elected by Republicans! They like the way he thinks!

I'm not sayign you're in the cult... just that a lot of cult members are on here that whatabout it.
What's the functional equivalent from the DNC? I'd like to hear it.

Can we just stick with reading, writing, and arithmetic? So simple, that will help people be college ready when they step on campus and to pursue a meaningful degree that can get them a job.

Also, make sure each school brings back shop classes and PE.

There is zero reason for teachers IMO to sticking their noses in religion, man made gender identities, or discussing politics.
Social Studies gets into religion. It is limited to exposure to the different religious ideas though. This bill has no reason to even exist in OK. Against the bill.

Pay attention Dems, this is how you criticize your party when they deserve criticism. I haven't seen one Republican for this. Take notes.

Has the DNC been critical of any bannings from social media or social media censorship or of Google burying search terms/results? Limiting readership of tweets or Facebook posts is pure DNC gold, and it’s done without their hands getting dirty. Pretty sweet deal they’ve got going for them.

But I sure wouldn’t want some white supremacist spouting their trash to kids, just like I don’t want white kids to be taught that they’re oppressing black kids just by being white. That shit is just wrong.

Has the DNC been critical of any bannings from social media or social media censorship or of Google burying search terms/results? Limiting readership of tweets or Facebook posts is pure DNC gold, and it’s done without their hands getting dirty. Pretty sweet deal they’ve got going for them.

But I sure wouldn’t want some white supremacist spouting their trash to kids, just like I don’t want white kids to be taught that they’re oppressing black kids just by being white. That shit is just wrong.

Does teaching about slavery and the civil rights movement, etc. mean they’re doing that???

The guy is elected by Republicans! They like the way he thinks!

I'm not sayign you're in the cult... just that a lot of cult members are on here that whatabout it.
What's the functional equivalent from the DNC? I'd like to hear it.

So, how about the defunded police agencies (see Minnesota and Portland) that are now reversing course. Those qualify as insane and bullying. I only saw this one since it popped up on yahoo news. I have no idea how many other wacky bills come up from either side.

Reactions: Medic007

So, what is the support for this bill? If there is a lot of support for this, holy crap. The GOP has one job right now, and that is to be less insane than the DNC.

I have not read the bill, but curious to hear from those that this could affect if what is being reported is fairly accurate (not a given with today's media).

I was just reading yahoo news (I know, I know....) and saw this pop up.
There was an opportunity to send Standridge packing in 2020 but then the Democrats trotted out the biggest idiot they could find, Alex Scott.

There was an opportunity to send Standridge packing in 2020 but then the Democrats trotted out the biggest idiot they could find, Alex Scott.
There was an opportunity before that with a primary, but the Oklahoma Republicans cancelled.

I thought critical race theory didn't exist. So now it does exist?
It must exist…if parents feigning outrage across the country in town halls and council meetings, along with GOP politicians whining about it on the capitol floor, et cetera et cetera…

Big bad critical race theory

• Haha
So, how about the defunded police agencies (see Minnesota and Portland) that are now reversing course. Those qualify as insane and bullying. I only saw this one since it popped up on yahoo news. I have no idea how many other wacky bills come up from either side.

Well, there are lots of other police agencies that were "defunded" by moving money from cops to social workers to deal with imminent mental health crises (I looked up the plural for "crisis") and they have received rave reviews. Saved money and got more done than cops working over mental health cases. I don't consider that nearly in the neighborhood as forbidding teachers from offending whatever religious values a teenager might profess.

Reactions: blbronco
It must exist…if parents feigning outrage across the country in town halls and council meetings, along with GOP politicians whining about it on the capitol floor, et cetera et cetera…

Big bad critical race theory
Do you think it's appropriate to teach kids that they're either the oppressor or the oppressed? I don't.

Do you think it's appropriate to teach kids that they're either the oppressor or the oppressed? I don't.
Learning about black history as a white person means learning about some hard truths…

No…I absolutely don’t find that inappropriate lol.

The classroom is a marketplace of ideas, and propping Whitey up in American history is a factually and culturally incorrect and incomplete way to do it and you know it haha.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT