ADVERTISEMENT

NWCA Classic

2nd period: Kaid gets turned for 4 and ridden the entire period, bottom woes continue and McKenna leads 9-4

Not going to get easier up at 141 unless he really works to improve.

Derek up 5-3 after two, he has two escapes and a penalty point and a late takedown. Hemida got a takedown and two near fall in the first

Reactions: okcpokefan12
That doesn't sound very encouraging about Kaid. I didn't see the match, how did he look in terms of horsepower?

That doesn't sound very encouraging about Kaid. I didn't see the match, how did he look in terms of horsepower?

The good thing with Kaid is I think his basement is high but we know his top end ceiling is limited due to struggles on bottom and inability to create offense on top against high level guys.

The fear is those struggles are amplified up a weight. It is important to note that 141 appears to be the weaker weight of the two. Kaid has shown he is as strong of an AA candadite or there but isn't a title threat. McKenna is.

Anyone see the Paul Giamatti movie "Win Win"? Every time I hear about Kaid struggling on bottom, I think someone should show him that kid Kyle's move.

Reactions: Mrgrapple
Found the movie. That part is around the 55 minute mark (language).

To paint the scene, a troubled but talented kid moves in with Giamatti and his family. He immediately becomes the best guy on a bad wrestling team...

He can’t even beat Gfeller at 141 correct in our own room. Worried what might happen and who odd man out will be at 3 lower weights.

Just stop.... this is the second thread you have posted this information of which you have zero clue of true.

It will all work itself out as it usually does in wrestling and especially at Oklahoma State. Kaid is a 2x AA and is bumping up a weight. I'm sure there will be some adjustment period. Just like at any weight there will be ample opportunities for guys to earn the starting spot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT