ADVERTISEMENT

No take down

greatwhitepoke

All-Big12
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
Kingfisher, OK
Can someone explain why it wasn't a take down at the end of the 1st period of 157 between Nolf and Hidlay? If it was a timing issue why did they restart the period with 05 seconds on the clock?

Which even the announcers thought was wrong

not much difference between that ruling and the one with RBY and Desanto...I think was exactly the ruling ...that Nolfs hands were not on the mat when they awarded Hadley the TD

not much difference between that ruling and the one with RBY and Desanto...I think was exactly the ruling ...that Nolfs hands were not on the mat when they awarded Hadley the TD

I didn’t not see the rby match, but I watched the slow motion of the Nolf match. Behind with three points down. It sure looked like a takedown. Neutral twitter people seemed to think so too.

There's a PSU bias. From the seeds, to the officiating, there IS a bias.

It's normal, we had it in the early 2000s.

Even Nolf thought it was a takedown. Not that Hidlay was guaranteed the win if he got it, but would liked to have seen it scored properly.

Hidlay also seemed to have the winning take down at the end of the match but they ruled for Nolf again. Not that Nolf did not deserve to be in the finals again but Hidlay wrestled a hell of a match and deserved to win.

IMO, they should just do away with review unless someone other the the mat refs are reviewing it. The Nolf/Hilday match, the Deakin/Young match were a couple that were called correctly on the mat and then mysteriously reversed. They were both obvious live.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT