ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki Hailey

Just a reminder - this entire thread is based on a lie that these two bought hook line and sinker. As usual.

giphy.gif
Happy date night!

It's funny how those on the left can not see how authoritarian they have become. Only their opinions matter and anyone that disagrees with them is somehow evil in their mind.
While liberals preach about diversity they only believe in diversity of skin color not thought/opinion.

This is the most concise way to wrap up 75% of the problem with leftists. They have no clue and no motivation to step outside their anger fog to see this. They are devolving.

Reactions: Medic007
You asked, I answered. The ground you defend is dead and sown with salt.

I asked you to explain. Make a sound argument why one group who owned slaves and fought our government is different morally than another. Why is one “losers” for losing their fight and the other not? I get the legalities, but morally spell it out for me.

You can’t, because you only see the world through white supremacy bad and Christianity bad.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
I asked you to explain. Make a sound argument why one group who owned slaves and fought our government is different morally than another. Why is one “losers” for losing their fight and the other not? I get the legalities, but morally spell it out for me.

You can’t, because you only see the world through white supremacy bad and Christianity bad.
We were talking about traitors and then you wanted me to talk about losers. White supremacy is bad and right wing evangelical Christianity is bad.

Native American flags and symbols are literally the flags and symbols of losers right?

Native Americans didn't have flags until they were pacified, conquered, and moved to reservations. But If they had some flag they rallies around to protect slavery.... sure.

Reactions: my_2cents
Native Americans didn't have flags until they were pacified, conquered, and moved to reservations. But If they had some flag they rallies around to protect slavery.... sure.

Since no one is currently protecting slavery since it doesn’t exist in this country with the confederate flag I’m not sure I understand.

Two groups rose up against the federal government. Two groups lost. Both groups owned slaves. Now pokebear doesn’t know your racism for native Americans, he thinks you are on the holy side of the left like he is so I was asking him to explain the moral difference. I see native pride hats all the time. I don’t see southerners getting the same pass they did for their southern pride 20 years ago, I’m just wondering why the pokebear crowd doesn’t see the parallels. I think they do, but they don’t have the stones to condemn anyone with darker skin than them.

Not traitors

1830’s: “we’ll sign these treaties and be citizens of the United States”

1860’s: “We’re taking up arms against the United States and will fight the US Military alongside our fellow slaveholding Democrats in the Rebellion. Also, we’d probably better slaughter any of our tribal members who disagree.”

Look up the “Trail of Blood on Ice” - three battles that took place in eastern Oklahoma in December 1861 between a) civilian pro-Union Creeks and Seminoles and B) a Confederate regular military and that piece of work Stand Waite.

To those people in the South the Confederate flag represents something you do not understand and is different that what it represents to you.

I was born and raised in the South. I still live in the South. I had ancestors who fought for the treasonous confederacy.

And I know exactly what that flag represents and has represented. And it isn't anything that should be celebrated.

Pokeabear is exactly right.

I was born and raised in the South. I still live in the South. I had ancestors who fought for the treasonous confederacy.

And I know exactly what that flag represents and has represented. And it isn't anything that should be celebrated.

Pokeabear is exactly right.

That is your opinion and nothing more. Others have a totally different viewpoint and are just as entitled to theirs as you are yours.

Step back from believing in freedom?

Problem is, the confederacy wasn't fighting for freedom. They were fighting for the right of a state to enslave people and deny them their freedom.

If you believe in freedom, you should be celebrating the Union and not a failed attempt by a bunch of traitors to deny freedom to all.

Reactions: Pokeabear
Problem is, the confederacy wasn't fighting for freedom. They were fighting for the right of a state to enslave people and deny them their freedom.

If you believe in freedom, you should be celebrating the Union and not a failed attempt by a bunch of traitors to deny freedom to all.

You keep making it about the civil war and slavery when most of the people that see the flag as a symbol of southern pride have accepted the results of the war and are long since over it. The only reason it's an issue now is it fits the race baiting narrative of the left. Jeez the war was 150 years ago and not a single sole alive today lived it, can we get over it already?

That is your opinion and nothing more. Others have a totally different viewpoint and are just as entitled to theirs as you are yours.

Those others from the South you keep referencing know good and **** well what it means too. They just hide behind words like "service," "sacrifice," "heritage," and "history" because either (1) they don't want to admit the truth or (2) they know the truth and just don't wanna admit they are a bunch of racist bigots who support traitors out loud.

Just like the whole lost cause bull****. Any true southerner who loves the USA knows what that crap is all about too.

You keep making it about the civil war and slavery when most of the people that see the flag as a symbol of southern pride have accepted the results of the war and are long since over it.

lol, that flag is all about the Civil War. It is the flag of traitors who were committing treason. A flag of those who wanted to enslave people. And a flag of people who opposed the civil rights movement in the 1950s/1960s and used it to express their opposition.

It isn't a symbol of southern pride but of southern shame. It is a symbol of the worst aspects of life in the South.

lol, that flag is all about the Civil War. It is the flag of traitors who were committing treason. A flag of those who wanted to enslave people. And a flag of people who opposed the civil rights movement in the 1950s/1960s and used it to express their opposition.

It isn't a symbol of southern pride but of southern shame. It is a symbol of the worst aspects of life in the South.
Hate to correct you, but these are the many fine folks. That flag does accurately represent their heritage, their history, the cause that to this day they serve.

Native American tribes display their flags. They fought the US government. They owned slaves. You want to condemn them? @davidallen you ready to tell those losers to shut down their colors? Literally the flags of losers.
Hey, if they want to stand behind their traditions, their heritage, and use the flag to symbolize that support - all good.

And if you want to honor the enslavement of humans, the oppression of rights long past emancipation by flying the Stars and Bars - you go right on ahead. Just don't expect me to pay for it. And do know that people will realize precisely who you are by doing so.

We good?

Hey, if they want to stand behind their traditions, their heritage, and use the flag to symbolize that support - all good.

And if you want to honor the enslavement of humans, the oppression of rights long past emancipation by flying the Stars and Bars - you go right on ahead. Just don't expect me to pay for it. And do know that people will realize precisely who you are by doing so.

We good?

A smug liberal in the north west doesn’t get to decide what the confederate flag means. You are just repeating the narrative. For 140 years that flag meant different things to different people. Black stars and Black Country folks sported it on clothes and trucks and tattoos. You people are just so arrogant that you think your opinion is “precisely” how it should be viewed.

A smug liberal in the north west doesn’t get to decide what the confederate flag means. You are just repeating the narrative. For 140 years that flag meant different things to different people. Black stars and Black Country folks sported it on clothes and trucks and tattoos. You people are just so arrogant that you think your opinion is “precisely” how it should be viewed.
You should add "redefining the meaning of the Confederate flag" to the long list of leftist atrocities. A smug liberal did that, didn't they.

You should add "redefining the meaning of the Confederate flag" to the long list of leftist atrocities. A smug liberal did that, didn't they.

Yea, it’s terrible because the arrogance makes you think you redefined it universally. Everyone knew it was a fringe that used it for racism, but your racism and guilt for that racism caused you to attack a problem that wasn’t a problem. Now you guys are fighting Nazis while blacks slaughter each other, get subpar educations and lack legal representation in your lib run utopias. But you can high five your white friends about your anti slavery stance. That’s cool too I guess.

...you only see the world through white supremacy bad and Christianity bad.
If you want to club together Christianity and white supremacy you can. Personally, I think that is a bit extreme. I mean there are good and decent Christians aren't there?

I do get it, they are typically the liberal types. You know the ones who try to do the things the Jesus actually said to do. I can respect that.

It's funny how those on the left can not see how authoritarian they have become. Only their opinions matter and anyone that disagrees with them is somehow evil in their mind.
While liberals preach about diversity they only believe in diversity of skin color not thought/opinion.
You'll have to back up what if anything authoritarian is being proposed ITT or generally regarding the Confederate flag and it's symbolism. You and others are tied up in pretzel knots over the stated opinion that it represents some bad juju. That's it. Well, that and we don't want tax payer money propping up falling down statues of traitors.

If that hurts your feelings sunshine you need to do some soul searching.

Yes they are entitled to their opinion. They are entitled to be wrong. They of course invite people to question their intention when they are so obviously wrong. Does my opinion about your opinion really have such an impact on your well being? Why is this your hill?

Why is it my disagreement with you is "authoritarian"? Why the retreat to "victimhood"?

I'm sorry, did you say something?

So typical of pilt and pokey bear and sys and cup. Just like with a toddler, if you close your eyes the thing you were looking at just goes away.

I say this honestly. You have a mental or a social disorder. There is literally something wrong with you.

So typical of pilt and pokey bear and sys and cup. Just like with a toddler, if you close your eyes the thing you were looking at just goes away.

I say this honestly. You have a mental or a social disorder. There is literally something wrong with you.
Hurt your feelings to be the butt of a joke didn't it? Sorry man, will lighten up on you a bit.

Sure Harry, you go right on ahead playing with your die-cast1/16th scale model of the General Lee. No one thinks less of you for it.

Hurt your feelings to be the butt of a joke didn't it? Sorry man, will lighten up on you a bit.

Sure Harry, you go right on ahead playing with your die-cast1/16th scale model of the General Lee. No one thinks less of you for it.

Never had my feelings hurt here, but if they do it will be by someone who is respected.

And sure you would. You would whip into a condemnation self orgy if someone went against your rules for whites.

Yes they are entitled to their opinion. They are entitled to be wrong. They of course invite people to question their intention when they are so obviously wrong. Does my opinion about your opinion really have such an impact on your well being? Why is this your hill?

Why is it my disagreement with you is "authoritarian"? Why the retreat to "victimhood"?

Why authoritarian? You can't accept that someone may have a different opinion and join those that seek to force people to agree with you.
Being a victim? Not in the least, feel free to think, believe and act how ever your little heart desires.

lol

Their ”service” was literally Treason against the United States. I’ve had it with traitors and treasonous apologizers. Many of you may enjoy the Vichy lifestyle, but it is as UnAmerican as any to perpetuate the myth of the glorious and noble south. They were and will forever remain traitors, and should have been hung or shot. Lee was only saved by the grace of Grant. Disgusting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT