ADVERTISEMENT

New Zealand weightlifting….

I think of Inigo Montoya every time you keep using that word.
Yeah you think 125 is a logical well reasoned weight limit for an offensive lineman contest, or is it a number selected on a whim?

Yeah you think 125 is a logical well reasoned weight limit for an offensive lineman contest, or is it a number selected on a whim?
The NFL doesn't value 125 pound offensive linemen. That's why there are zero of them. Strangely enough, defensive tackles weigh like 300 pounds. I wonder if that "arbitrary" weight number has any significance in the NFL. The NFL says yes. Convince me otherwise.

The NFL doesn't value 125 pound offensive linemen. That's why there are zero of them. Strangely enough, defensive tackles weigh like 300 pounds. I wonder if that "arbitrary" weight number has any significance in the NFL. The NFL says yes. Convince me otherwise.
Listen to yourself

Sorry, Rachel. You want a mulligan? I can help. I finally educated you on when human life begins. This shit isn't nearly as complicated.
No I really enjoyed you emphasizing my point by ridiculing the concept of a 125 lb lineman. I couldn't have stated it better myself. Must have caught you before your coffee or something today.

No I really enjoyed you emphasizing my point by ridiculing the concept of a 125 lb lineman. I couldn't have stated it better myself. Must have caught you before your coffee or something today.
You mean you finally get that there's an obvious OBJECTIVE difference between a 125 lb offensive lineman and a 350 lb offensive lineman? I hope that's what you're saying. I can probably find some decent photos showing the size difference if you still can't wrap your head around it.

Reactions: iasooner2000
You mean you finally get that there's an obvious OBJECTIVE difference between a 125 lb offensive lineman and a 350 lb offensive lineman? I hope that's what you're saying. I can probably find some decent photos showing the size difference if you still can't wrap your head around it.
Wait, what do you think arbitrary means?

Pilt: Putting a weight limit of 125 lbs on a best OL contest would be capricious
Medic: LOLOLOL you think 125 lbs OLs are as good as 300 lbers? What an idiot.

Dude are you OK?

ar·bi·trar·y
/ˈärbəˌtrerē/

adjective
  1. based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
What would be the reason or system for having a 125 lbs Offensive lineman weight class?
What would be the reason or system for having a 150 lbs lifting things over your head weight class?
What woudl be the reason or system for having an XX chromosone lifting things over your head category?

What would be the reason or system for having a 125 lbs Offensive lineman weight class?
What would be the reason or system for having a 150 lbs lifting things over your head weight class?
What woudl be the reason or system for having an XX chromosone lifting things over your head category?
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's amazing how you just answered your own stupid shit. Not expected which makes it more enjoyable.

Reactions: iasooner2000
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's amazing how you just answered your own stupid shit. Not expected which makes it more enjoyable.
I have been saying this the whole time. Weight classes and sex/gender divisions for weight lifting are arbitrary. You can't keep your shit straight because you are too busy arguing with what you wish I was saying (because then you could talk about chromosomes) instead of what I am saying. Play off this L however you like. Better luck next time.
Sex/gender is arbitrary? Hmmm

As a weightlifting category? Yes it kinda is.

In weight lifting all divisions are arbitrary. It's a very easy concept for all but the dumbest people to understand.

That's it. All divisions of weight lifting are arbitrary including sex/gender.

Arbitrarily standardized. Weight class lines are drawn arbitrarily, gender lines are drawn arbitrarily. There is one person who can lift the most weight and the rest is who can lift the most weight in arbitrarily selected subcategories of people who can lift less weight.

Which person with and index finger longer than ring finger and jacket size under 36 can clean and jerk the most? The world is dying to know.

How did they decide on how many weight classes there would be? Why pick sex or gender as division rather than some other category that strength varies across? Seems whimsical.

Also a fact that men with 40% body fat can't compete with in this arena with fitter men. Should we have a fatty division? Picking weaker categories of people to find the strongest member of is arbitrary, that is done on a whim or capriciously with out logic or reason.

You know what we should do on a whim? Find out who is the world's best sub 125 lb offensive lineman. let's also find out which woman would make the best NFL offensive tackle.

No. 125 lbs seems pretty arbitrary to me though.

All divisions of weightlifting competition are arbitrary including sex/gender.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT