ADVERTISEMENT

New wrestling training facility

PokinNSmokin

Commitment
Mar 28, 2024
What is the latest on this? Are we expecting to get some more details on it now that it just got a huge cash infusion from Chad Richison? I assume that with his donation the funding is fully secured now. Can we expect to see a finalization of the blueprints in the comings months? I can't find anything about it online outside of a generic mockup of what the outside might look like.

What is the latest on this? Are we expecting to get some more details on it now that it just got a huge cash infusion from Chad Richison? I assume that with his donation the funding is fully secured now. Can we expect to see a finalization of the blueprints in the comings months? I can't find anything about it online outside of a generic mockup of what the outside might look like.

Give it a few days at least haha

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Give it a few days at least haha
I was just wondering if there had been any updates since January of 2023. I did search the forum and saw Weiberg had talked about it a little in December of last year. I was just wondering if there was more info out there other than we’re going to build one and we’ve raised $10 of the $25 million needed (as of December)? That seems to be all I can find so far.

gia-2.jpg

From this picture, are we to assume that the two orange building directly north and south of Gallagher are "upgraded locker rooms" and the larger one to the top of the pic is the Wrestling Training Facility?

One of the incidental changes that is shown in the pic is the area east of Gallagher. I've alway thought they should update it in a manner such as this. Updating to this park-like area would connect the Hall-of-fame more closely with Gallagher.

Not about our facility but ISU just announced their planned new wrestling facility has been put on hold. They basically blamed the CFP for favoring the Big 2 conference for the lack of funds lol. They were going to be using bonds for the project I believe.

THIS is why we don’t build things without locked in donor funds.

gia-2.jpg

From this picture, are we to assume that the two orange building directly north and south of Gallagher are "upgraded locker rooms" and the larger one to the top of the pic is the Wrestling Training Facility?

One of the incidental changes that is shown in the pic is the area east of Gallagher. I've alway thought they should update it in a manner such as this. Updating to this park-like area would connect the Hall-of-fame more closely with Gallagher.

The building on the NE corner of GIA is the proposed wrestling facility. The building at the top of the pic is the Human Performance Center. Directly south of GIA is the proposed basketball facility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT