ADVERTISEMENT

New Recruiting Thread

John Wiley looks good at 138 cadets and is in the semi's. I think he beat Carter Young at state in the finals.

Wiley is in the finals. No idea if he is a recruit on our level but he seems to be wrestling well.

Any news on the knee of Braxton Amos? I hope he is ok!
I have not seen any articles about it. He was slightly llimping when he went out to shake hands with Funke. My guess it was only tweaked and did not want to risk injuring it more severely. In his 3 years of wrestling at Fargo this was his only loss as he has 3 freestyle and 2 Greco titles and 2nd this year.

197 prospect rankings
#1 Ferrari
#2 Amos

Interesting write up as Willie thinks Amos has closed the gap a little with Ferrari.

197 prospect rankings
#1 Ferrari
#2 Amos

Interesting write up as Willie thinks Amos has closed the gap a little with Ferrari.

They also have Rylan Rogers at #3. I think it's more likely he ends up as a 174 or 184 in college though.

Haas must be projected as a heavyweight. He's 1-1 at Cadets right now and is waiting to see if he gets pulled into repechage.

need the wresting team/recruits year-by-year spreadsheet to be posted again, which shows the committed guys plus the list of highest level targets would be so helpful to those of us who don't keep up as well.

I haven’t seen an official commitment but with his brother being the recruiting coordinator at OSU I would be shocked if he didn’t end up at OSU.

I previously mentioned an interview with Kyle after the Cadet trials...one of the questions he was asked about was his top 5 colleges. He said "Oklahoma State" then paused and said "I don't know, I couldn't even tell you". It was pretty funny, he didn't even name 4 others.

Are there any concerns with Mastro? Probably nothing but someone on another site made the comment “if we can hang on to Mastro.”

The wrestling recruiting thread on OrangePower. I don't read that board much at all so I have no idea if they guys knows what he is talking about.

The wrestling recruiting thread on OrangePower. I don't read that board much at all so I have no idea if they guys knows what he is talking about.
I don't ever read that board either but I get the impression that it is Seth Duckworth that said it. If so, he knows what he is talking about.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Anyone know much about Picklo? I'm a little invested being from Mustang. He seems to be heavily involved at the OURTC (but so was Plott) and he wears OSU stuff a ton. He might project as the same weight as Plott which complicates things. I would think he is a massive, massive recruit for OU. Losing out on Plott and him would be a killer.

I saw the aforementioned comment about hanging on to him and to me it kinda seemed like he was saying “as long as something unforseen happens.” But that’s good news.
Anyone know much about Picklo? I'm a little invested being from Mustang. He seems to be heavily involved at the OURTC (but so was Plott) and he wears OSU stuff a ton. He might project as the same weight as Plott which complicates things. I would think he is a massive, massive recruit for OU. Losing out on Plott and him would be a killer.
Someone said a little while ago that Cornell was the leader in the clubhouse. Don’t know how accurate it is but I’ve seen pictures of him wearing OSU mercy as well. So who knows.

Someone also said on Orange Power that they were convinced that Ferrari is going to Rutgers. Don’t know if that’s insider info or just their personal opinion though. Hopefully the latter.

Someone also said on Orange Power that they were convinced that Ferrari is going to Rutgers. Don’t know if that’s insider info or just their personal opinion though. Hopefully the latter.

It feels like the optimism around Ferrari has died down. There was real glee when they moved back to Texas. Now you don't hear much. I have zero inside info. That is just how it feels ready random stuff around the internet.

It feels like the optimism around Ferrari has died down. There was real glee when they moved back to Texas. Now you don't hear much. I have zero inside info. That is just how it feels ready random stuff around the internet.
I wonder if it is because coaches feel Braxton Amos is a better fit weight-wise, with Doucet and then Haas both projected as HVY, and the uncertainty about Ferrari's weight.

I think Flo had Picklo behind Surber at whatever weight. I don’t mind losing Ferrari if we get Amos. Though I’d prefer to get both and have one as a heavy with Doucette. Problem is little Ferrari would be great to have too.

I think Flo had Picklo behind Surber at whatever weight. I don’t mind losing Ferrari if we get Amos. Though I’d prefer to get both and have one as a heavy with Doucette. Problem is little Ferrari would be great to have too.
JMO, but Sebastian hit the nail on the head. We need one of the two and ferrari does have a little brother that is very good. After all is said and done I think however that Amos is a better fit. I obviously think that both would be even better but most probably that is not going to happen.

Can you provide a link? Never been to that board...

The confusing part to me is what weight these guys end up at. Doucet, Ferrari, Amos & Haas all look like possible 197s or heavies (maybe even 184 for Doucet). I had thought Ferrari was the lightest of the bunch. Then he posted something the other day about being 215 on his way up to 235. So who knows.

I'll just add that IMO as good as Amos is - and he's absolutely fantastic - I think Ferrari is even better. Still a must get.

Can you provide a link? Never been to that board...

The confusing part to me is what weight these guys end up at. Doucet, Ferrari, Amos & Haas all look like possible 197s or heavies (maybe even 184 for Doucet). I had thought Ferrari was the lightest of the bunch. Then he posted something the other day about being 215 on his way up to 235. So who knows.

I'll just add that IMO as good as Amos is - and he's absolutely fantastic - I think Ferrari is even better. Still a must get.

http://orangepower.com/threads/wrestling-recruiting-and-lineups-moving-forward.257000/page-5

Ferrari is amazing and would be my pick. I wouldn't call him a must get if you end up with Amos though. I think ending up with one or the other is a must.

http://orangepower.com/threads/wrestling-recruiting-and-lineups-moving-forward.257000/page-5

Ferrari is amazing and would be my pick. I wouldn't call him a must get if you end up with Amos though. I think ending up with one or the other is a must.

That's a pretty interesting thread. I wonder why some of those guys don't post over here.

I agree getting Amos would be huge should we miss on Ferrari - seems like a great kid with a ton of talent, plus he's friends with Doucet & Plott. Maybe I'm overselling Ferrari a little, but I see athleticism that will lead to gold medals on the world level. Putting him in the same RTC room as Daton & Alex would be massive for the program.

Doucette for a year, then Haas at heavy, Amos at 197, Plott at 184. We need Voinovich. He fits a hole in the middle of our line up. If you translated the current Flo rankings over to college placing that would be a sick team. A champ at heavy and lots of 2s.

Reactions: osu2082
That's a pretty interesting thread. I wonder why some of those guys don't post over here.

I agree getting Amos would be huge should we miss on Ferrari - seems like a great kid with a ton of talent, plus he's friends with Doucet & Plott. Maybe I'm overselling Ferrari a little, but I see athleticism that will lead to gold medals on the world level. Putting him in the same RTC room as Daton & Alex would be massive for the program.

I’ll say this. If we were driving distance for Amos, I think he’d have already committed. That’s really going to be the rub with him. Is he willing ... is his family willing ... to have him so far from home.

PS. I don’t think there’s enough money for Amos and Ferrari, but I do think the weights could shake out, with discipline. It would be a tough cut for one of Doucet, Ferrari or Amos to go 84, but I think 2 of the 3 could. Now growth spurts etc could change that.

At the end of the day, which of the two jump first will make the dominoes fall.

I think some of it is who do they think can hold 184/197 all 4 years. Haas is a HWY and Doucet likely is also.

Amos and or Ferrari need to be able to be a 4 year 184/197 to make it work out.

Voinovich also has a little brother, Kael, just won a middle school state championship here in Ohio.

Last edited:
Reactions: osu2082
I think some of it is who do they think can hold 184/197 all 4 years. Haas is a HWY and Doucet likely is also.

Amos and or Ferrari need to be able to be a 4 year 184/197 to make it work out.
Plott will likely be a pretty good 84 and I don't believe you can look at Ferrari or Amos being an 84 period. Neither Ferrari or Amos are going to come to Stillwater to starve to death. Hopefully we get 1 of Ferrari and Amos for 97. Plus we only have so much money it would shock me if we have enough for both with what we have already in 2020. We need to have money in 21 for Haas and Young Mastro and maybe Voinovich.

Plott will likely be a pretty good 84 and I don't believe you can look at Ferrari or Amos being an 84 period. Neither Ferrari or Amos are going to come to Stillwater to starve to death. Hopefully we get 1 of Ferrari and Amos for 97. Plus we only have so much money it would shock me if we have enough for both with what we have already in 2020. We need to have money in 21 for Haas and Young Mastro and maybe Voinovich.

I’ll just say two of those guys “were” walking around in the 190s earlier this year. It probably is best that both shoot for 197, but as I said ... it could be possible

I think Plott at 174 is possible also (with Surber at 165 & Mastro at 157) so it could work potentially.

Provided the weights can be sorted out, there are options to make things work scholly & lineup wise too. Haas could grayshirt and train at the OTC for a year. That would put him in the 2022 class. If Daton takes an Olympic redshirt, his scholly $ could be redistributed this year and then reclaimed in 2021. That would mean enough $ for both Ferrari and Amos potentially. Ferrari has likely already earned a 2024 Olympic redshirt because of his Cadet medal. Lots of options, I'm sure the staff is all over them.

Anyone see our new twitter tagline?

#OlympiansMadeHere

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT