ADVERTISEMENT

New Recruiting Thread

This weekend looks like a good candidate for a recruiting weekend. Next weekend is WNO (uncommitted Travis Mastro & Voinovich are competing, along with our verbals) and then the following weekend is Super32 (I only see Carter Young as a possible target registered right now). After that we're looking at homecoming weekend on 10/19, which is getting a little far out there.

Anxiously awaiting some good news soon. There was a lot of buzz a few months back - Tyler's tweet, Willie's tweet, even a post on here in June to look for a signing soon. I don't know when Ferrari is going to make a decision, but it would be nice to get some verbals from guys like Mastro, Picklo & Voinovich. Even Haas & Young, though guys close to the program like that usually don't announce early.

I know that is a highlight video but WOW! He is a big time thrower and pinner. Louisiana not a hot box of wrestling however. Still some great skills shown.
I agree. Basically, this is the type of young man that I think could surprise people with hard work and time spent with coaching staff.

I can remember what Steve Lampe at Colby said about Cormier when he came in. Same type situation. Raw talent and hard work can create wonders. That worked out well.

Reactions: JAY45 and oberebo
He uses a lot of different moves throughout that video. Spladle, Peterson, Granby, Snake, ... I particularly liked the throw at 1:35.

Reactions: JAY45
Agree looks tough but hard to say how good the competition is.I looked up his track profile doesn't look like he's been outside the state much to compete.

He took 7th @ NHSCA Nationals as a soph last year. Flo has some videos on him.

Being out east, do you know anything about where Jordan Titus might end up? He looks very impressive from the matches I've seen.

Reactions: JAY45
Talked to someone at the game who usually has good recruiting info (third hand). They didn’t have a good feeling one way or another other.

Thought it was Rutgers or us. Predicted Rutgers but it wasn’t based on anything besides cultural fit.

Jagger Condomitti is off the board. Committed to Nebraska. I believe is Dad has posted here in the past.

No dog in the fight; but for the sake of parity, I hope it is you guys or Rutgers...

Pretty much anyone but PSU will put a smile on face.

BTW, Mrs. Titus was flattered that you guys were talking positively about her son :)

Last edited:
Picc loves being a Poke. Nick & Mike Magaldo refer to themselves as east coast Cowboys. Just saying.
I think we have him but I could be wrong. I look at his lack of comments as opposed to the glowing reports from the other visits as great news. He does not need to "snow" us as he has made up his mind that he is coming here. The fact that he is committing right after his visit to us is telling. In fact I think he made up his mind months ago that he was coming here. Shoot me if I am wrong.

I think we have him but I could be wrong. I look at his lack of comments as opposed to the glowing reports from the other visits as great news. He does not need to "snow" us as he has made up his mind that he is coming here. The fact that he is committing right after his visit to us is telling. In fact I think he made up his mind months ago that he was coming here. Shoot me if I am wrong.
*Loads gun

Just in case.

All of his post visit social media postings have been really impressive. His expressions of gratitude towards coaches, hosts and the university as a whole are thoughtful. It appears he included a photo with his School of Business host. His parents seem to be doing things right. It will be hard to cheer against him if he goes somewhere else.

All of his post visit social media postings have been really impressive. His expressions of gratitude towards coaches, hosts and the university as a whole are thoughtful. It appears he included a photo with his School of Business host. His parents seem to be doing things right. It will be hard to cheer against him if he goes somewhere else.

Yeah, I'm a fan of the kid. The flip side is if he doesn't end up here it will probably be Rutgers or PSU. Those guys are pretty easy to root against.

Reactions: osu2082
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT