ADVERTISEMENT

Never liked Switzer......but he not wrong

I know Trumpers don't like to let logic get in the way of a good butthurt but this post makes no sense. They are adding 80,000 employees but closing five plants? Is he saying they are moving jobs to Mexico? If so, it hasn't nothing to do with border policy and the new hires aren't immigrants. If they are hiring immigrants, it's because they work cheaper. Quite possible because Tyson historically is an incredibly low paying company. That was a fact long before Biden.

Last edited:
I believe Switzer supports Trump. He just keeps it on the down low.
Yeah. I think Switzer generally supports pubs, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he supported Bill Clinton just because of the Arkie connection. Hell, lots of southerners (not me) supported Slick Willie just because he was from the South.

He worked to get Brad Henry elected with Steve Largent losing the governor's race.

He worked trying to get Brad Carson elected but lost the senate to Tom Coburn.

As of 2022, he is still a registered Democrat.
I never understood his support of Brad Henry. Henry posed as some kind of moderate Oklahoma dem, but is actually hard left.

I know Trumpers don't like to let logic get in the way of a good butthurt but this post makes no sense. They are adding 80,000 employees but closing five plants? Is he saying they are moving jobs to Mexico? If so, it hasn't nothing to do with border policy and the new hires aren't immigrants. If they are hiring immigrants, it's because they work cheaper. Quite possible because Tyson historically is an incredibly low paying company. That was a fact long before Biden.
No idea wtf is actually happening, but conceptually you shouldn’t bring in immigrants to replace jobs held by Americans. You bring in immigrants to do jobs Americans aren’t doing or won’t do.

They are opening new plants staffed primarily with illegal and semi-legal (illegals with work permits) immigrants while closing existing plants that are staffed with higher wage earning US citizens.

A place here in Arkie I used to work at hired nothing but illegals for their production lines, plant manager and his wife owned a temp service and hired them through the temp company he and his wife owned. They got cheap labor and made money off of the workers thru the temp service. Hell I wouldn't doubt if the plant mgr and his wife were in cahoots with the coyotes bringing them across the border getting a cut of that as well.

That’s a good point. The “aren’t doing” I was referring to are ones where there is a lack of skills.
Its ironic, but its policies like these that make me wonder how unions vote Dem. It drives down labor costs which directly impacts the bargaining power of the union's members which directly impacts their take home pay. They literally vote themselves poorer.

Plus, the parallels to slavery aren't a good look either. The illegal immigrants are predominantly young males who provide an endless supply of labor to work the fields and livestock and other laborious jobs that the property owners don't do themesleves while living in groups of 200+ in a makeshift shelter. Someone please explain how that's so much different than picking cotton and living in the bunkhouse in the 1850s?

A Darrell Royal assistant invented the Wishbone T. Barry Switzer taught the Hyron coaching staff how to run it. Darrel Royal never beat Barry Switzer. Royal managed one tie before he was pushed out.

Transfer Cowgirl Kelly Maxwell is now the Sooner's Ace softball pitcher. The hyrons just beat OU the second time in the last 10 years. Maxwell was not in the circle . She won last night's UT game 5-2. Rubber game tomorrow. Maxwell might pitch.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT