Need Help With Mental Health help advice

colcord

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Trying to help a family member, but I really don't know much about where to start or help and can't seem to get any info. Any thoughts suggestions or prayers would be appreciated, I know some would say stay out of it, but it's not that cut and dry. Thanks

Renegade Bullet

All-American
May 29, 2001
Trying to help a family member, but I really don't know much about where to start or help and can't seem to get any info. Any thoughts suggestions or prayers would be appreciated, I know some would say stay out of it, but it's not that cut and dry. Thanks
If your company has an Employee Assistance Program, I would call them to get their advice. That’s why those EAP’s exist

wyomingosualum

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2005
1. Is the person a danger to himself? Herself?
2. Is he or she a danger to others?
3. Is he or she able to take care of their basic human needs for survival? (Eating, appropriate clothing for the weather, turns off stovetop after heating up a can of green beans, etc etc etc)

wyomingosualum

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2005
Forgot to ask if the person lives alone or with another competent adult(s). What type of mental illness do you suspect?

Latest posts