ADVERTISEMENT

Need Help With Mental Health help advice

colcord

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Trying to help a family member, but I really don't know much about where to start or help and can't seem to get any info. Any thoughts suggestions or prayers would be appreciated, I know some would say stay out of it, but it's not that cut and dry. Thanks

Trying to help a family member, but I really don't know much about where to start or help and can't seem to get any info. Any thoughts suggestions or prayers would be appreciated, I know some would say stay out of it, but it's not that cut and dry. Thanks
If your company has an Employee Assistance Program, I would call them to get their advice. That’s why those EAP’s exist

1. Is the person a danger to himself? Herself?
2. Is he or she a danger to others?
3. Is he or she able to take care of their basic human needs for survival? (Eating, appropriate clothing for the weather, turns off stovetop after heating up a can of green beans, etc etc etc)

Forgot to ask if the person lives alone or with another competent adult(s). What type of mental illness do you suspect?

I know this response might be coming in a bit late, but for others who might have the same question, I wanted to chime in. It's really admirable that you're trying to help your family member with their mental health. Supporting our loved ones is important.
If you're struggling to find information, a good starting point could be reaching out to a mental health line. They can provide guidance, suggestions, and resources to assist you in supporting your family member. It's worth giving them a call and discussing your concerns.
I'm new here on the forum, but I believe that sometimes it's not as simple as staying out of it. We care about our close ones and want to see them well. Keep being there for your family member and seeking the help and advice you need.

Last edited:
Reactions: colcord
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT