ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska

Tulsaaggieson

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2010
Stillwater
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...braska-electoral-votes-winner-take-rcna146195

Will Nebraska get this done? 600,000 registered Republicans, only 300,000 registered Democrats. Nebraska is looking to change to winner-takes-all. It still looks like this is a fight that can be won. Republicans should back this.

Is this issue something to fight for? I would say any electoral college vote that doesn't help the dems helps America.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...braska-electoral-votes-winner-take-rcna146195

Will Nebraska get this done? 600,000 registered Republicans, only 300,000 registered Democrats. Nebraska is looking to change to winner-takes-all. It still looks like this is a fight that can be won. Republicans should back this.

Is this issue something to fight for? I would say any electoral college vote that doesn't help the dems helps America.
What is gained, how is our liberty protected if Republicans take a page from the Democrats playbook and devise a successful plan to keep Democrats out of power forever?

Never understood why Maine and Nebraska split their electoral votes. Maybe I'm not looking at this right but it seems to me, in a small state, it reduces the importance of the state to a Presidential candidate. Another negative I see is it would give state legislatures more motivation for gerrymandering.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Never understood why Maine and Nebraska split their electoral votes. Maybe I'm not looking at this right but it seems to me, in a small state, it reduces the importance of the state to a Presidential candidate. Another negative I see is it would give state legislatures more motivation for gerrymandering.

Splitting the votes definitely reduces the concern to a candidate.

I can see why someone might say that since electoral votes align with DC representation, the vote should align with that house district. I disagree for the reason you note - it would even further motivate serious gerrymandering.

Ultimately though, the state can decide how their electors are chosen.

I never understood the one electoral vote given to Omaha alone.
It doesn't align with the electoral college and gives too much power to the urban areas of the country. It's also a way for Democrats to get a point out of Republican strongholds, and not even have to work at it.

Reactions: EZ Reyes
The governor of Nebraska came out in support of winner-take-call.

One response oh his X post said something to the effect of, "Go ahead fascists, and see what happens."

This was you in 2016, can't imagine how you would meltdown in the above scenario.

If that was me in 2016…then that was most certainly also you and yours in 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023……….

lol

carry on

Actually…we should go all the way back to 2017, shouldn’t we? lol

Self-pwning dumbfvcks haha

carry on

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT